watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Internationals

Started by WestSussexWhite, September 01, 2021, 07:32:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WestSussexWhite

Just realised that Ream and Robinson don't play until 03:05 UK time on the Thursday before we play Blackpool, therefore would expect Mawson and Bryan to start that game, good opportunity for those 2.

Cookie6262

Good job we have good depth.... I notice we have a lot away on international duty I hope not to many are to red listed countries 😳😳

Deeping_white

Quote from: Cookie6262 on September 01, 2021, 07:34:24 PM
Good job we have good depth.... I notice we have a lot away on international duty I hope not to many are to red listed countries 😳😳

No players are going to red list countries from English teams - the PL and EFL blocked players from being released if their country was red listed and in cases like BDR's, he's only available for Jamaica's first game as it's in a amber country and he then isn't allowed to play in their second game

cmg

Good to see Marek getting some game time.
Starts for Slovakia in the Slov Derby.

filham

These international breaks are such a headache, can't we do away with them and play all internationals in the summer.

WestSussexWhite

Will be an even bigger issue before the QPR game

WolverineFFC

Quote from: WestSussexWhite on September 01, 2021, 07:32:01 PM
Just realised that Ream and Robinson don't play until 03:05 UK time on the Thursday before we play Blackpool, therefore would expect Mawson and Bryan to start that game, good opportunity for those 2.

They have 3 games in 7 days, including 2 on the road in Central America. I doubt they will be starting in all 3 games, but the travel alone should be a problem. Seems the sensible thing with quality players like Mawson and Bryan is to keep them out of the 11 against Blackpool.

I expect BDR will be back. Think he is only available for the 2nd game over the weekend due to the red list issue. Feel bad for Jamaica, they have a legitimate chance to qualify for the WC, but having players like Antonio, BDR, Bailey, Lowe, and Morrison out for the road games against Mexico and Costa Rica is unfortunate.

cookieg

Quote from: filham on September 01, 2021, 10:24:50 PM
These international breaks are such a headache, can't we do away with them and play all internationals in the summer.

Then the players will be playing all year round.

filham

Quote from: cookieg on September 02, 2021, 04:25:16 PM
Quote from: filham on September 01, 2021, 10:24:50 PM

Then the players will be playing all year round.
Without the international breaks the season could finish a little earlier and a period in May/June could be available for internationals still leaving a clear month or more for holidays.