News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Some are getting carried away - this is the Championship - we are not invincible

Started by 3 Cherries, September 01, 2021, 07:01:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brightster

I can see us Beating Bournemouth, our players will be out to prove to their  new boss, he was wrong to drop them last year! 
Think WBA and QPR will be harder games but still think we will overcome them, as for the rest I think with our new man in charge we are losing that Fulhamish type of result by the looks of it, last week against Hull is a prime example, we always seemed to struggle against them at home.
Yes maybe getting carried away, but why not, long time since we have had a team like this that play exciting football. It reminds reminds me of Tigana days!

Rupert

Even Tigana's team had bad days. I admit to being a little uncomfortable with some of the bragging going on, as we have not won anything yet. However, I do recall the "We'll never play you again!" refrain from 2000-1, which did get to a fair few of our opposition fans that season, so maybe I'm just getting curmudgeonly in my old age.
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

blingo

Quote from: Rupert on September 01, 2021, 10:55:42 AM
Even Tigana's team had bad days. I admit to being a little uncomfortable with some of the bragging going on, as we have not won anything yet. However, I do recall the "We'll never play you again!" refrain from 2000-1, which did get to a fair few of our opposition fans that season, so maybe I'm just getting curmudgeonly in my old age.

Why not just enjoy what we are seeing and not worry about what others think Mr Rupert?

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Max Headroom on September 01, 2021, 10:16:46 AM
I started supporting Fulham because of the style of play. Parker made going to games a chore and frankly not enjoyable.

I'm happier about the style of play than all the wins as I want to go to games again. I'm not complaining about the points, the fact Mitro has scored as many goals in August as he did last season or the fact we have scored two thirds of the home goals as we did last season in three games

I hate the Parker bashing, he had the best squad in the league, but Leeds, WBA and Brentford had been working on teamwork and beating the championship for longer.

Parker got us promoted, which is like a professional golfer going around on golf course at par (ie not good and not bad). So far, Marco Silva has got the team playing well again after Parker's season colapse, but the wheels will fall off the bus at some point and the real test is can he get us going again.

ALG01

Good start, can hardly have hoped it would be this good.
Hopefully we will keep going in the same manner but obviously we will have a few poor performances and that is par for the course BUT the worry is that silva has a bit of a reputation for starting brilliantly then things start to tail off a bit.

The proof of the pudding will come in Novemberand december IMO, let's see what happens when teams shut up shop against on horrible days in horrible places.

But being optimistic, so far so very good way better than I expected.

H4usuallysitting

A good day for me - is my cab starting first time.....rough or smooth, Fulham is always there..... Let's enjoy the ride

FFC1987

As people used to say when times were tough and looking bleak, take it one game at a time. Each win gets us closer so without presuming we'll be unbeatable, or assuming we'll get automatic promotion, I'll simply look at the next game and hope we get those delicious 3 points that makes Tuesday evenings/weekends so much more pleasurable than recent times.

Arthur

Quote from: 3 Cherries on September 01, 2021, 07:01:46 AM
Sorry to state the obvious

We still have to meet the likes of WBA, QPR and Bournemouth!

I believe your list omits the most skilful opposition the players will come up against: Fulham 1st XI v Fulham 2nd XI at Motspur Park on Friday mornings.

Nero

Have we lost no, therefore we are invincible. Let's enjoy it why we can after 2 years of dower looking not to lose football

AnotherVicHalomLoveChild

At the very least we are all including the Khans, the Manager, the team & the fans are looking forward to the next match

Another 22 / 23 game unbeaten run anyone?

Bracken White

I think many of us are too long in the tooth to get carried away - but nice just to enjoy the football (& goals!) that are being served up at present, and the transfer window was a positive one, too. So very happy, very content & looking forward to continue to reside on the crest of a wave as the season unfolds!! All good, at present.
Stay Fulhamish ~ stay unique

Lighthouse

Nothing lasts. The longer we live the more likely it is we will suffer horrible illness.

But how we play each game or live each day is down to us. Some people like to think we are immortal. We are not but let's enjoy it while it lasts.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

General

Just looked at the table though and two of our games so far have been against 4th place Huddersfield and 5th placed stoke where we've scored 8 goals and conceded just 1.

Whilst invincible seasons are very unlikely and rare and it requires a lot of competitive good fortune (eg no injuries and few suspensions), if there ever was a season it could be doable, given the squad we have, this would be it.

Blawarmy

Quote from: General on September 01, 2021, 12:57:16 PM

Just looked at the table though and two of our games so far have been against 4th place Huddersfield and 5th placed stoke where we've scored 8 goals and conceded just 1.

Whilst invincible seasons are very unlikely and rare and it requires a lot of competitive good fortune (eg no injuries and few suspensions), if there ever was a season it could be doable, given the squad we have, this would be it.
Huddersfield have smashed a couple of teams and we absolutely destroyed them, even  with 10 men

AJW48361

Bit uncomfortable reading all these plaudits it don't normally go this smoothly supporting FFC you always feel there is going to be a blip along the way.Admit it's a great watch atm.

brightster

Can we beat the record set by Tigana 12 ( first 11 we won) games in the league unbeaten at the start of the season?
By Xmas that year we won 19 and only 1 defeat! Then smashed Watford 5-1 on Boxing Day who were our only contenders according to everyone!
That's something we should be all pleased if we do!

bobby01

Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

S.F.Sorrow

I'm still slightly concerned about our options at CB but we have a squad that looks strong enough for promotion. It's still to early to make any predictions though and we can easily end up in the playoffs which is a lottery of course.

No matter what happens it looks like it will be a very enjoyable season. This is so much more exciting that Parkerball!

Bassey the warrior

Our form is bound to dip but the main thing for me is we are playing lovely football, such a change from under Parker.

WindyCity

Quote from: MartyFFC on September 01, 2021, 09:39:57 AM
Can't say I'm shaking in my boots at the prospect of facing QPR. Bournemouth will be tough to beat and will no doubt dominate possession in their own 18-yard area, but I really think the only team that can live with us will be WBA. Given there are 2 automatic promotion slots up for grabs, I'm certainly quite comfortable with that

Looking forward to playing Bournemouth and Parkerball.  Let them do all that possession in their own end.  FFC can and will pressure them into errors and opportunities.  Our players have all been good coming back to help on defense so even if Bournemouth can break out forward, their slow buildup just makes it that much easier for our lads to defend.  I think we should match up very well against a possession team like that and all their holding the ball and sideways/backwards passing.  COYW!