Main Menu

England v Hungary

Started by filham, September 02, 2021, 08:48:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lighthouse

Quote from: davew on September 03, 2021, 07:24:57 PM
Quote from: davew on September 03, 2021, 08:08:29 AM
Quote from: Lighthouse on September 02, 2021, 11:44:58 PM
Dull, low class and standard of football and of a lower standard then domestic football.

Nothing else on but I can't say it was entertaining.
PGA Tour Championship was on, that was entertaining unlike watching England!!
So no golf fans on here, REALLY?

If t was on SKY I don't have it. Listening to the tennis from the US on the radio.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Twig

Dull, low class and standard of football and of a lower standard then domestic football.

I'm sure you enjoyed watching yet another round of US target golf. Personally I really enjoyed watching a very bright England side thrash Hungary away.

Somerset Fulham

Quote from: Twig on September 03, 2021, 10:35:08 PM

I'm sure you enjoyed watching yet another round of US target golf. Personally I really enjoyed watching a very bright England side thrash Hungary away.

Yep.

Woolly Mammoth

Golf is organised loafing, it's the only sport where you actually put on weight while you are playing.
As for the dress sense, golfers have to have the worst taste in clothes I have ever seen since Boy George.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

FFCFOREVER

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on September 04, 2021, 05:34:49 AM

Golf is organised loafing, it's the only sport where you actually put on weight while you are playing.
As for the dress sense, golfers have to have the worst taste in clothes I have ever seen since Boy George.
064.gif

MartyFFC

Golf does appear to be a bit of a midlife crisis pursuit. Turning 40 often seems to result in either acquiring a set of golf clubs, or decking yourself out head to toe in Team Sky lycra and getting a bike......

Motspur Park

Quote from: MartyFFC on September 04, 2021, 07:34:52 AM
Golf does appear to be a bit of a midlife crisis pursuit. Turning 40 often seems to result in either acquiring a set of golf clubs, or decking yourself out head to toe in Team Sky lycra and getting a bike......

Or buying a guitar or piano and having lessons (making sure said instrument is left on display

Or buying a small convertible car.

I have done none of the above!

RufusBrevettatemyhamster

Ironic that I turned forty 18 months ago and want lessons to take it up  064.gif

Twig

Quote from: RufusBrevettatemyhamster on September 04, 2021, 08:42:51 AM

Ironic that I turned forty 18 months ago and want lessons to take it up  064.gif

It's a great sport, unlike any other in that you are seeking to strike a stationary ball. Absolutely right to start with lessons, otherwise you will simply acquire bad muscle memory of incorrect technique and then spend even more money unlearning! Oh and did I mention the social side! Enjoy.

Woolly Mammoth

If you are looking to meet new people, try picking up the wrong ball on a golf course.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Bill2

Hungary just played uber defensive with 11 men behind the ball, this is great until you concede then you have to come out and attack leaving gaps all over the place.  Also it is incredibly tiring chasing the ball and you will always start to flag over the last 20 to 30 minutes then the gaps start appearing.

Bill2

Quote from: RufusBrevettatemyhamster on September 04, 2021, 08:42:51 AM

As an incredibly poor golfer the best bit of advice I can give is when taking up golf is have lessons, unless you are a talented sportsman in a wide range of sports,  then also get yourself fitted out for clubs.

Lighthouse

Playing golf is like giving an opinion. If you enjoy it and nobody agrees you are any good. Then keep playing. If you don't like it and everybody else says its great then don't play it.

Problem is we all have an opinion. We should just do what makes us feel better.

Now going out with golf ball, golf clubs, wellington boots and tins of custard and nobody can tell me its wrong.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

cottage expat

Quote from: filham on September 03, 2021, 06:07:29 PM
Sterling/Kane/Grealish are looking good as our front three and always hold out a promise of goals.
I am half looking forward to the next England match.

Next England match is Andorra so I doubt we'll see the Sterling/Kane/Grealish partnership

sunburywhite

I thought you might have been talking about the game on 25 November 1953
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me