Started by Friendsoffulham, May 21, 2021, 03:23:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeroen

Quote from: Whitestone on September 08, 2021, 11:30:33 AM
Quote from: Twig on September 08, 2021, 10:30:49 AM
Quote from: Whitestone on September 08, 2021, 08:50:33 AM
Quote from: Finnans Right Peg on September 08, 2021, 08:46:32 AM
Quote from: We Are Premier League on September 08, 2021, 08:30:50 AM
Any chance that we will pick up an unattached RB on a free? I assume that's still allowed outside the window? Andre Wisdom anyone?

Whats the sense in that

Tete's injury and the fact that Denis Odoi is the alternative unless the manager brings Christie back into contention.

Odoi is perfectly decent cover. I'm very happy with that, the grass isn't always greener you know.
Any chance that we will pick up an unattached RB on a free? I assume that's still allowed outside the window? Andre Wisdom anyone?
[/quo

Odoi is perfectly decent cover. I'm very happy with that, the grass isn't always greener you know.

Whats the sense in that

Tete's injury and the fact that Denis Odoi is the alternative unless the manager brings Christie back into contention.

I think the grass is greener which is why Tete was signed as an upgrade. I realise that I have to tread carefully on here when the ability of Odoi and Ream is questioned. They are both true professionals and great servants of the club. However when they are played together our defence is significantly weaker. So far the defence hasn't been properly tested but it undoubtedly will be put under pressure and thats when the weaknesses of Odoi and Ream will be severely tested. The evidence is there to see. Just take the opening three games of last season as an example. We conceded ten goals. Odoi definitely isn't decent cover IMO. He's OK, that's all, which isn't good enough. The manager clearly thinks the same which is why we tried to recruit a right back when the club realised Tete's injury was long term. I have no doubt the opposition will target our right side, just as Stoke did in the last match because that is the weakest area as I see it.

Agree, but I guess odoi/Christie are good enough to hold the fort until January or when Tete is back. The trade off would have been to spend serious money on a different right back that is substantially better, but would that money be better spend in January/ next summer if we go up? Also what when tete comes back we have a big(ish) money signing sitting on the bench. I think we go back in for the American fella in January to have him & tete in the prem.

Odoi will be targeted, but it's the championship we are talking about not the PL - if Odoi is your only weakness (as it stands) we will be ok (counting on the fact that we will always score 2/3 goals per game)

I think we got 'lucky' as well that tete got injured as I'm sure there would have been some last minute offers from the PL for him - I think there were a few clubs looking for a right back and not much was out there.

rusty shackleford

Turkish window closes tonight. Survive the rest of the day without a Galatasary move for Seri and we are good to go

FFC1987

I'd be shocked and ultimately angry if he was to go at this point.

Deeping_white

Quote from: rusty shackleford on September 08, 2021, 05:28:30 PM
Turkish window closes tonight. Survive the rest of the day without a Galatasary move for Seri and we are good to go

We've already turned down a bid last week I believe so they've stopped trying for him