watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Thursday Fulham Stuff - 09/09/21...

Started by WhiteJC, September 09, 2021, 12:01:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Transfer revelation involving West Brom, Watford, Burnley, Swansea City and Fulham emerges

West Bromwich Albion are said to have beaten Watford, Burnley, Swansea City and Fulham to the signing of Kean Bryan, as per a recent report by Birmingham Live.

The 24-year-old centre back put pen to paper on a two year contract at the Hawthorns yesterday after previously being a free agent following his release by Sheffield United and will now be looking to kick on under Valerien Ismael.

Despite eventually choosing to link up with the Baggies, it has now been said that Watford, Burnley, Swansea City and Fulham all considered making moves for the defender this summer, but alas their approaches were not forthcoming.

As a result Bryan becomes Albion's sixth new signing of an eventful summer and will now be looking to up his match fitness ahead of being integrated into the first team squad.

The signing certainly comes at a good times for the Baggies too, with Bryan's new teammates and fellow centre back Dara O'Shea having just been ruled out with injury for many months.

The Verdict

West Brom acted quickly to bring in a player that they had been tracking for quite some time, and Bryan will certainly be a great alternative for O'Shea who is now set for a prolonged period on the sidelines.

The former Sheffield United man has a point to prove at Sky Bet Championship level after failing to really get a good run of games at Bramall Lane and will be hoping that he can prove his previous club wrong.

There will be question marks over his match fitness for now but in a few weeks or months he should be back playing at the level required.

It's another shrewd addition by Ismael and the talented defender should fit in nicely to what the coach is trying to create at the Hawthorns.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/transfer-revelation-involving-west-brom-watford-burnley-swansea-city-and-fulham-emerges/

WhiteJC

Peterborough United chairman gives lowdown on Fulham, Sheff United target Dembele – January price tag mentioned

Peterborough United chairman Darragh MacAnthony says he is 'glad' that Siriki Dembele has stayed at the club, and hasn't ruled out the possibility of a January sale.

Dembele, 25, was heavily linked with a move away from Peterborough United throughout the summer.

Late last month, reports claimed that both Fulham and Sheffield United were interested in a move for the Scot who scored 11 goals and grabbed 10 assists in League One last season.

But Dembele has remained with Posh. He is however now into the final year of his contract with the club and speaking on The Hard Truth podcast (via Peterborough Telegraph), Posh chairman MacAnthony has made some revelations about the wide-man and his future at the club:

"I'm glad we kept him to be honest. His value to us as we try and establish ourselves in the Championship is probably greater than the transfer fee we would have received, especially with the 20% of the profit his former club (Grimsby) would have been entitled to.

"Siriki's agents were stalking me for a couple of days, including right up the end of the transfer window, asking me if I'd accept certain fees, but there was never enough money involved."

As per Peterborough Telegraph, Posh were hoping to tie Dembele down to a new contract. But MacAnthony has now revealed that Dembele won't be signing an extended deal and has urged the player to earn his move further up the EFL pyramid through strong performances this season.

"I was verbally turning down £2.5 million offers for Siriki before he'd scored twice in two Championship matches this season so there was never any chance I'd accept less.

"He's not going to sign a new deal so the best thing for Siriki to do now is to get fit, make himself available for training, get in the team and show what he can do. He's already shown it in glimpses, but before the West Brom game he wasn't fit enough to train on the Thursday so my gaffer was never likely to pick him."

Dembele has so far netted twice in four Championship outings for Darren Ferguson's side this season. They sit in 20th-place of the Championship table after the opening five games of the season and look as though they could be fending off an immediate return to League One throughout this campaign.

"If he gets going and scores 8-10 goals before January maybe someone will still pay £3million for him in the next window," MacAnthony continued. "That could happen even with just six months left on a contract."

Whether any club will pay £3million for Dembele in January, when he'll have six months left on his current Posh deal providing he doesn't renew, remains to be seen.

He's obviously a talented player and has already caught the eye of the likes of Sheffield United and Fulham in the Championship. MacAnthony is right though when he tells Dembele to write his own future by putting in the performances for Posh as they try to stabilise themselves in the second-tier – up next for them is a trip to Bramall Lane to face the Blades this weekend.

https://the72.co.uk/249786/peterborough-united-chairman-gives-lowdown-on-fulham-sheff-united-target-dembele-january-price-tag-mentioned/

WhiteJC

Report sheds light on Fulham's signing of Domingos Quina

A report has shed further light on Fulham's deadline day deal to bring Domingos Quina to Craven Cottage.

What's the talk?

According to The Athletic, Marco Silva's side fought off competition from the likes of Southampton, LOSC Lille, Swansea City, AFC Bournemouth and Nottingham Forest in order to land the 21-year-old on the final day of the summer transfer window – with the Cottagers securing a season-long loan deal for the central midfielder, while also holding the option to purchase the Portugal U21 international next summer.

Major coup

Considering the sheer amount of potential Quina quite clearly possesses, the fact that Silva managed to fight off what appeared to be some extremely strong competition for the signing of the youngster this summer represents something of a real coup for the Championship side.

Indeed, with both Real Madrid and Barcelona having enquired about signing the 21-year-old prior to his move from West Ham United to Watford back in 2018, the £2.7m-rated man is a player who boasts impressive positional versatility – having been deployed at left-back, defensive midfield, left midfield, central midfield, right midfield, left-wing, right-wing and at centre forward during his time with the Hornets – the ability to score a variety of goals from almost any position around the penalty area and incredible athleticism – particularly his speed.

As such, while it may take a little while for the man Slaven Billic dubbed a "talented" player to establish himself as a first-team regular under Silva, having only played a handful of games over the past few seasons, it would undoubtedly appear as if the youngster could go on to play a key role for Fulham in the not too distant future, with his signing looking to be a very exciting one indeed.

https://www.footballfancast.com/fulham-fc-transfer-rumours/fulham-ffc-transfer-news-marco-silva-watford-domingos-quina-the-championship

WhiteJC

Is Jean Michael Seri the best midfielder in the Championship?
Rhys takes a look at Jean Michael Seri's starring role in our early Championship charge.

While there was definite surprise when Marco Silva revealed that Jean Michael Seri would be staying at Fulham beyond the summer transfer window – it hasn't taken the midfielder long to endear himself to fans for a second time at Craven Cottage.

The 30-year-old has been quiet off the pitch since his headline-making 2018 move to Fulham from Nice, but has since endured a turbulent career period with relegation being followed by loan spells in both Turkey and France.

Currently away on international duty with Patrice Beaumelle's Ivory Coast, Seri will return to London this week knowing that he has a key role to play in a Fulham side that have gone from strength-to-strength.

Point to prove
Although Fulham fans only needed a few fixtures to be reminded of the quality Seri possesses, his links with a £35million move to Barcelona from Nice seem a lifetime ago.

After announcing his heartbreak over the collapsed move back in 2017, Seri finds himself in the English second tier with a entirely different point to prove.

Whether it was the initial plan or not, Seri is now playing a vital role for the overwhelming favourites for promotion – and has the advantage of playing alongside competent defenders as well as several dynamic forwards.

On the move
It has been a little more than three years since Seri struck the Premier League Goal of the Month for August, a goal that would be his only strike of the season – and rather embarrassingly one of only four victories for the club before relegation was confirmed in early April.

The 2019/20 season would see Seri loaned to Galatasaray, where he would manage 37 appearances and taste Champions League football in playing the likes of PSG and Real Madrid.

Again leaving Fulham the following campaign, this time Seri went to Bordeaux, but he would only feature on 15 occasions in all competitions before returning to England to play under another new manager on the banks of the Thames.

Time to settle
Silva said back in August: "Since I arrived at the club I have spoken with him and I was clear with him.

"He had a very good pre-season and has really impressed me in all the games he has played so far. He is still working hard to keep his place in the starting 11 but I am really happy with him.

"In the next few games he will improve his physical condition, he needs to play 90 minutes regularly to become fitter. He wants to stay and hasn't told me anything otherwise."

Silva linings
While Seri would no doubt have attracted interest from around Europe, the fact he will remain at Fulham until at least January has put him under an unusual pressure of having to keep his own stock high should he see his future away from the Cottage.

Across his four starts in the league this season, Seri has completed 91% of his 275 attempted passes, 231 of those being of short, sharp, shifting of possession type, that work so well in his holding midfield role.

Having earned his first Man of the Match award of the season in the 2-0 win over Hull at Craven Cottage, Seri has been a calming presence in what has been a manic, but enjoyable, start to the campaign.

Competition for places
With body feints reminiscent of Danny Murphy and a confidence in midfield not often seen since the departure of Mousa Dembele, Seri has played at his own tempo in a league that is often unforgiving for the uninitiated.

"He is improving within the idea that I have for the team." Silva said after the sweeping win over Huddersfield, but competition is now on the way with the return of Harrison Reed coinciding with Nathaniel Chalobah's arrival.

I have little doubt over the fact that Seri does indeed want to ply his trade at a higher level again from next season – but at this rate, Fulham will be there alongside him.

https://www.fulhamish.co.uk/post/2021-09-08-is-jean-michael-seri-the-best-midfielder-in-the-championship/

WhiteJC

Games for the Weekend 11/09...
We're on our travels again, this time we're off to the seaside to play Blackpool.
We're top of the table, can you believe it?
Marco Silva certainly appears to have got the players off to a flying start and Mitro', penalty miss aside, actually a really good save from Bursik, is back on fire for both club and country.
Wilson looks to have slotted in as if he's always been part of the team, Cavaleiro is playing with confidence, Seri is like a new signing and we really need to get young Carvalho to sign a contract extension.
All of the players, every single one of them, who have played, substitutes or cover for injuries and suspensions, have given a really good account of themselves. So far we appear to have a team spirit that was missing for the majority of last season. I'm sure that each team selection, with the current form of all players, has proved a headache for Silva, nice problems to have?

Our record against Blackpool is a good one with 3 wins and 3 draws without loss.
Blackpool are currently on 2 points, 22nd, having had a couple of draws against Bristol (A) & Bournemouth (A), they've lost to Cardiff (H), Coventry (H) & Millwall (A)

I'm not sure that any of the latest additions, Muniz, Quina or Chalobah will be fully integrated just yet however, I hope that some of them will be on the bench and get a runout later in the game. I'd have Rodák in goal, harsh on Gazzinga after 3 clean sheets but I like Rodák, so my team would be...

COYW's

Games of Interest...
Saturday 11th

Blackpool v Fulham
Bournemouth v Barnsley
Reading v QPR
Sheff Utd v Peterborough
West Brom v Millwall

come on over to the forum and join in the discussion...
https://www.friendsoffulham.com/forum/index.php?board=36.0

http://www.friendsoffulham.com/wordpress/?p=1698

WhiteJC

2 tweaks Marco Silva could make to the Fulham XI to face Blackpool on Saturday

Fulham get back into Sky Bet Championship action this weekend as they take on Blackpool.

The Whites have had a top start to the campaign and are one of the early pacesetters in the league – a trend that they'll want to maintain in the matches and months to come.

Up next, then, a trip to the seaside to face Neil Critchley's Tangerines and, here, we're taking a look at two tweaks to the side Marco Silva may make this weekend – though there's also surely every chance he names a unchanged XI if he can after a top win over Stoke last time out...

Reed returns?
Reed got back amongst it towards the end of the match with Stoke City and there's plenty of Fulham fans who would suggest that on paper he is one of their best midfielders in the squad.

That said, having him available once more is great news and Silva might think, now the international break has come to an end, that Reed is ready to start once more.

Certainly, it's something to weigh up with Fulham boasting some top midfield options.

Chalobah starts?
Chalobah arrived at the club on Deadline Day, just to add further to their midfield options.

He's a class player and certainly an eye-catching arrival at this level, so it's going to be fascinating to watch him pushing to get involved with the Fulham side this season.

Certainly, he'll have arrived with a view to playing regularly and this is the first chance Silva gets to field him – let's see if he does and, from that, who ends up leaving the club.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/2-tweaks-marco-silva-could-make-to-the-fulham-xi-to-face-blackpool-on-saturday/

WhiteJC

The Tony Gale Column

Wow, what a start to the season from the boys. I've been very impressed, by the results first and foremost, but also by the football. It's front-foot football, something that we might have liked to have seen a little more last season. That's not me having a go at the former management as it is difficult to do that in the Premier League, but it's great to see us getting at teams and imposing ourselves on them a bit more now. It seems a very good fit with Marco Silva. He'll be looking at us thinking he's at a good place, a good football club, one that will suit him. And his football is certainly suiting us.

I like the two signings who came in from Watford on deadline day, two players I know really well. Domingos Quina's a good operator, he can play anywhere; central midfield, or Watford even employed him sometimes up in a front three, so he's a versatile player. He's got very quick feet and he's got a good strike, a good eye for goal. Nathaniel Chalobah is quality. He was unlucky with an injury in his early days at Watford, but I think he's going to be one of the top midfielders in the Championship. I'm really surprised that Watford sold him.

Another fantastic bit of business was Aleksandar Mitrović's contract extension. It's great for us; he's fit, he's firing, and he's a proven striker. He'll be champing at the bit to get us up so that he can prove he can do it in the Premier League. In fairness to him, I don't think he was played enough last season, and even when he did play, we didn't use him to his strengths, so it's wonderful to see him on form and enjoying his football.

You look at Norwich and Watford coming down and you think if you can keep hold of your players, like we've kept hold of Mitrović, then you've got a great chance of going straight back up. You've got to have your attitude spot on in the Championship – and I think we do – get your heads down through the conveyor belt of games, and get results. That's been the case so far, and long may that continue.

We're back in action this weekend with a trip to Blackpool. They'll be desperate to get a first win on the board, but if we play like we have been then we should be fine. They're a good footballing side, I'm not sure how good the surface is at Bloomfield Road these days, but it should be a good game for us.

It will be a cracking away day for the fans, too. When I played for Blackburn I'd have a bit of Blackpool every now and again, taking the family on a couple of trips to the seaside. The fans will love that one on Saturday, with their stick of rock and Kiss Me Quick hats, they'll enjoy themselves up there!

https://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2021/september/The-Tony-Gale-Column/

WhiteJC

Fulham are in danger of losing attacking starlet Fabio Carvalho to LaLiga giants Real Madrid while a number of Premier League clubs also circle the 19-year-old who has scored three goals already for Marco Silva's side this season

Fabio Carvalho is recognised as one of England's brightest young players
    The 19-year-old has already scored three goals in five games so far this season
    The England youth is a key part of Fulham's plans to return to the Premier League
    But his performances have attracted interest from clubs at home and abroad

Fulham are in danger of losing their talented teenage attacker Fabio Carvalho.

The England youth international is widely recognised as one of the brightest young players in the country.

The 19-year-old has already scored three goals in five games so far this season and is viewed as a vital member of Marco Silva's plans to regain promotion back into the Premier League.

Fulham are in danger of losing their talented teenage attacker Fabio Carvalho

The 19-year-old is a pivotal member of manager Marco Silva's (left) plans for promotion

However, his performances have attracted huge attention from England and abroad leaving Fulham facing the prospect of losing the youngster.

Real Madrid are keeping close tabs on Carvalho, while a number of top 10 Premier League clubs are also interested.

Fulham want to tie their academy graduate down to a new long term contract, but the growing interest in Carvalho, who was born in Portugal, has thrown a spanner in the works.

His existing deal expires at the end of the season and it now remains to be seen whether Carvalho believes his future remains at Craven Cottage or elsewhere.

The attacking starlet has already scored three goals in Fulham's first five games this season

His performances have put him on Real Madrid and several Premier League clubs' radars

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9969723/Fulham-danger-losing-attacking-starlet-Fabio-Carvalho-Real-Madrid-Premier-League-clubs.html

WhiteJC

Real Madrid join Carvalho chase

Spanish giants Real Madrid are interested in signing Fulham star Fabio Carvalho, according to the Daily Mail this afternoon.

The teenager has quickly become a vitally important part of Marco Silva's side, having scored three goals and laid on another as Fulham have made an unbeaten start to the new Championship campaign. But Carvalho, who burst onto the scene with a goal on his first Premier League start last season, has turned down a contract extension at Craven Cottage and could leave for nothing when his current deal expires at the end of this term.

The Mail suggests that Real Madrid are rivalling at least ten Premier League sides in the race for Carvalho's signature. The England youth international, who has starred for Fulham's youth sides since joining the club from Balham back in 2014, was also linked with a move to Barcelona last month. The London club are desperate not to lose their latest academy starlet and remain in talks with Carvalho's representatives.

https://hammyend.com/index.php/2021/09/real-madrid-join-carvalho-chase/

WhiteJC

Report: Real Madrid want Leeds and West Ham target Fabio Carvalho

It was The Sun on Sunday (8/8; page 66) who reported one month ago that Leeds United and West Ham want Fulham starlet Fabio Carvalho.

Carvalho has caught the eye thanks to a combination of an outrageous record in under-23 football, a fantastic start to life in the first-team, and a contract that expires next summer.

The Sun on Sunday noted that Porto and Norwich also want the 19-year-old. And it was claimed that he had rejected a new deal at Craven Cottage.

Unfortunately, for the likes of Leeds and West Ham, the amount of interest in him appears to have increased quite considerably in recent times.

According to the Daily Mail, Real Madrid now want Carvalho. And they also suggest that a number of the Premier League's top 10 also want the teenager.

Leeds and West Ham better moves for Carvalho than Real Madrid
Turning down Real Madrid would not be easy for the attacking midfielder. They remain one of the world's biggest clubs.

Having said that, there is surely an argument that joining a club such as Leeds or West Ham would be a better move if he decides to leave Fulham.

The path to the first-team is much clearer at Elland Road or the London Stadium.

Unfortunately, a number of young players have lost out after poorly timing a move to one of Europe's heavyweights in the past.

Carvalho is a serious talent. He scored 16 goals in 39 under-23 games for Fulham. And he has started this season with three goals in his first five appearances in the Championship.

It seems more than likely that many more clubs will be linked before Carvalho makes a final decision on his future.

https://tbrfootball.com/report-real-madrid-want-leeds-and-west-ham-target-fabio-carvalho/

WhiteJC

Away Day Guide – Blackpoo

Marco Silva's side return to Championship action after the international break with one of the most eagerly anticipated away trips of the season. Here's the Fulham Supporters' Trust Away Day Guide.

TICKETING INFORMATION

Tickets for this fixture are priced at

£23 for adults
    £19 for supporters aged 65 and over
    £9 for under 18s
    £5 for under 12s

TRAVELLING TO BLOOMFIELD ROAD
BY CAR

Exit the M6 at Junction 32 and follow the M55 to Blackpool. Head onto the A5230 and then Yeadon Way towards Blackpool town centre. Follow the signs to the ground, with Seasiders Way appearing on the right hand side.

There's a massive pay and display car park on the left, which stretches all the way from near the Blackpool South station up to the ground (£3.50 for three hours; £6 for up to six hours). Alternatively, the nearby St Cuthberts Church Car Park in Lytham Road offers forty pay and display parking spaces (£3 for three hours, £4 for five hours, or £7 for all day). It is about five minutes' walk from the ground.
BY TRAIN

Blackpool South station is about a ten minute walk away from the ground. A limited number of trains stop here, with most calling at Blackpool North instead. Blackpool North is approximately two miles away – which may make a taxi a necessity. A cheaper alternative might be the number 11 bus, available every fifteen minutes from the bus station across the road. Fans should get off at the Old Bridge House pub (now known as the Bridge) and walk down Lonsdale Road to the ground.
BY COACH

Coaches will leave Motspur Park and Craven Cottage at 7.15am.

Coach tickets are priced at £30 for adult season ticket holders and £20 for junior season ticket holders. Other supporters will pay £35 for adults and £25 for juniors.
AWAY PUBS

The aforementioned Bridge (124 Lytham Road, Blackpool, FY1 6DZ) has historically afforded Fulham fans a warm welcome and is a well-established away pub.

The Manchester (231-233 Promenade, Blackpool, FY1 6AH) has contacted the Trust to invite Fulham fans to visit and has a beautiful seafront spot as well as TV screens showing live sport.

The Albert (215 Lytham Road, Blackpool, FY1 6ET) happily welcomes a mixture of home and away fans and screens a wide selection of live sport.

The Waterloo (Waterloo Road, Blackpool, FY4 2AF) is a highly-recommended family friendly option that offers live music in the evenings.

The Bloomfield Brewhouse (47 Ansdell Road, Blackpool, FY1 6PW) offers a wide array of real ale and a selection from their own microbrewery.

The popular Wetherspoons option is The Velvet Coaster (501-507 Promenade, Blackpool, FY4 1BA) on the pleasure beach.

There is a large number of other pubs in Blackpool town centre that will happily welcome visiting football fans. Alcohol is available at Bloomfield Road, including lager, bitter and cider (all £3.20 a pint), bottled lager (£3) and wine (red, white, rose, 187ml bottle £3)

https://www.fulhamsupporterstrust.com/news/2021/09/away-day-guide-blackpool/

WhiteJC

Fulham Latest News: Cottagers hoping to reach agreement over 'unbelievable player'

Transfer insider Dean Jones believes that Fulham are confident teenage sensation Fabio Carvalho will put pen to paper on a new long-term contract at Craven Cottage.

What is Carvalho's situation?
Carvalho, who only turned 19 last month, has been one of the standout players in the Championship this season, scoring three times and adding one assist to help Fulham emerge as the early leaders in the second-tier.

However, whilst the attacker is currently taking the Championship by storm, his current deal at Craven Cottage expires next summer, which leaves the Londoners in danger of losing him for nothing in 2022 unless Carvalho commits his future to the club.

Some of Europe's top sides, including Barcelona and Borussia Dortmund, have been monitoring his situation, but TEAMtalk believe that Fulham are close to tying up a new long-term deal for the teenager.

What has Jones said about Carvalho?
Jones recognises the youngster's ability and told GIVEMESPORT that he's optimistic the two parties will eventually come to an agreement to extend Carvalho's stay in the capital:

"He's an unbelievable player. Fulham have got a contract drawn up for him, and they seem hopeful that he will sign it.

"Obviously, he's broken into that first-team now, so that's an issue they're trying to iron out."

Should Carvalho be wary of moving to a big club?
Playing in the Champions League is obviously any youngster's dream, but Carvalho only needs to look at what happened to Patrick Roberts, Moussa Dembele and Ryan Sessegnon – three players that all came through ranks at Fulham before signing for Manchester City, Lyon, and Tottenham respectively.

And whilst Dembele has gone on to be a regular at Champions League level, Roberts has made just three senior appearances for the Premier League champions in six years, whilst Sessegnon is essentially third-choice left-back under Nuno Espirito Santo at Spurs.

Carvalho has already shown the ability of a player beyond his years, but perhaps remaining at Fulham and then gaining experience with them in the Premier League would be a better decision than jumping at the first top club that come knocking.

For now, Fulham fans get to enjoy arguably the standout youngster in the Championship for at least the remainder of this season.

https://www.givemesport.com/1750201-fulham-latest-news-cottagers-hoping-to-reach-agreement-over-unbelievable-player

WhiteJC

Wilson injured for Wales

Fulham winger Harry Wilson was taken off injured in Wales' World Cup qualifier against Estonia this evening.

Wilson was withdrawn after suffering a knock to head having made a bright start to the game at the Cardiff City Stadium. He went off having had a consultation with the Welsh physio on the field and looked concussed as he left the field. The development makes him a significant doubt for Fulham's Championship fixture with Blackpool at the weekend.

https://hammyend.com/index.php/2021/09/wilson-injured-for-wales/

WhiteJC

Wilson suffered 'blurred vision'

Wales boss Robert Page says Harry Wilson suffered from blurred vision and was substituted as a precaution during tonight's 0-0 draw with Estonia.

The Fulham winger collided with Estonian goalkeeper Karl Hein after trying to get on the end of a cross from Gareth Bale. Wilson did try to continue afterwards, but after a few minutes, he sat on the turf and was examined by the Welsh medical staff before leaving the action – and, speaking after the final whistle, Page said the correct concussion protocols were followed.

"He's OK. Protocols are in place for a head injury, he was fully aware of that. He didn't feel right and he had to come off. It was blurred vision, I think. He's been assessed and things will be sorted out for him before he goes back to his club. The medical team made him fully aware (of his situation), he wasn't comfortable and he had to come off."

https://hammyend.com/index.php/2021/09/wilson-suffered-blurred-vision/