more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

FFCTv Issues & Comments

Started by terryr, September 11, 2021, 03:00:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ianthailand

Quote from: Fulham1959 on September 16, 2021, 07:16:11 PM
Even though I'm logged-in, all the videos are locked and it appears to want me to register for the first time.  Anyone else having this problem ?

The navigation on FFC website is very poor.  On a normal Saturday, even trying to find audio commentary is a challenge.  I did actually pay to watch the match last night and that was fine - I'm wondering if that has invoked the problem.  Even having said that, there was no message of confirmation that all I had to do was login and just click on 'watch' and so I was uncertain until 7.00 p.m. arrived and it worked.

I'm a £5-per-month member, by the way.

When i want to watch a live match, although logged in, i often have to either log out again or go into my subscription area and this seems to then authorise me to watch the game. I agree until you've watched a couple of matches the system is not easy to work out.

filham

I have been struggling for ages to open the one a/c but somehow last night I managed to pay my £10 and watch the match.
I would agree that navigating the web site is more difficult than getting in and out of the Hampton Court Maze.

S.F.Sorrow

The FFC website is shockingly poor. Especially the FFCTV section. I often find myself logged out even though I've just logged in and when I try to log in again I get either a blank screen or end up in an endless loop of logging in and then being sent to a page that asks me to log in again and again and again.... How a business the size of FFC can have such a rubbish website is beyond me.

jarv

I was sooo much looking forward to the match on Saturday. Given this report, I will take a pass again until folks on here start to talk it up. I did ask on here last week and I got a few positive comments, mostly from computer savvy people I guess

I want to turn it on.  Click on "buy the game" and watch it un interrupted. That's how a site should be, any site where you go to buy something.

I will probably try on Saturday. Fingers crossed.

WhiteJC

have you signed up to both the site and FFCTV?
I find that I have to "log in" to both the site and then FFCTV before I can listen to the game sometimes, not always its very frustrating especially as GJ doesn't always start on time and you've no idea if the reason you can't hear anything is you or them!

Southcoastffc

I am continually amazed how truly abysmal the administration of ffctv is.   
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

filham

The people responsible need to move on from the Parker Ball complexities and take a more direct approach. they should have a word with Marco Silva.

Dodger53

Just bought 2 tickets for the Leeds game, I nearly gave up, the whole process is dreadful and I only found concession prices by luck,  to print tickets it uses a printer cartridge!

Logicalman

The actual content is outsourced to a third-party provider, in this case Streaming AMG (https://streamamg.com/industries/sports), though I believe the administration is still in-house FFC.

As with every subscription, there are always issues that arise from time to time, mine is often (weekly) with ESPN for example, where I am challenged to verify my log in, I guess in the same way that FFCTv is doing to others on here.

I have a simple protocol when accessing FFCTv (apologies if this is presented too simply - no offence intended):
1.   GoTo: https://tv.fulhamfc.com/ffctv-live#home
2.   Click Login
3.   Enter details and click Continue
4.   The screen returns to the FFCTv Home screen again
5.   Click My Account
6.   This will verify if you have logged in successfully
7.   Return to FFCTv home page (By hiting thr back button as the web designers seem to have forgotten with the single account now the account details are on login.fulhamfc.com/Dashboard/Profile  and there appears to be no direct link back to FFCTv.
8.   On the left side of the screen is a tree menu, click the Live icon
9.   If watching the live video stream click FFC Live TV, if listening to GJ click Audio Commentary.

This process works for me every time (which is more than the ESPN on does for me). It's not perfect, FFC really needs to get a User panel to provide feedback which they listen to, and perhaps more people would have a better experience.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

Southcoastffc

Quote from: Logicalman on September 17, 2021, 11:59:18 AM
The actual content is outsourced to a third-party provider, in this case Streaming AMG (https://streamamg.com/industries/sports), though I believe the administration is still in-house FFC.

As with every subscription, there are always issues that arise from time to time, mine is often (weekly) with ESPN for example, where I am challenged to verify my log in, I guess in the same way that FFCTv is doing to others on here.

I have a simple protocol when accessing FFCTv (apologies if this is presented too simply - no offence intended):
2.   Click Login
5.   Click My Account
7.   Return to FFCTv home page (By hiting thr back button as the web designers seem to have forgotten with the single account now the account details are on login.fulhamfc.com/Dashboard/Profile  and there appears to be no direct link back to FFCTv.
9.   If watching the live video stream click FFC Live TV, if listening to GJ click Audio Commentary.

This process works for me every time (which is more than the ESPN on does for me). It's not perfect, FFC really needs to get a User panel to provide feedback which they listen to, and perhaps more people would have a better experience.
I don't think that's so. On 6 August I sent the last of several emails requesting information to help me understand what's going on vis-a-vis my subscription.  I had a (useless) reply on 1 September.  :016:   I've now given up.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Fulham1959

2.   Click Login
5.   Click My Account

Thanks for this - I'll print it out and see if I can make any progress.

Cannot this whole thread somehow be communicated to FFC ?  The current service is not fit-for-purpose.  It's 2021, not 2001.

WhiteJC

2.   Click Login
5.   Click My Account

this will only work if you are standing on one leg and holding your lucky rabbits foot when the wind is blowing from the west  :dft011:

grandad

Never had a problem with FFCTV from here in Spain. Well worth the 5 quid a month. Glad I have GJ as I could not get anything on the Sky Red Button. I have the full Sports package but the screen kept saying "Please Wait"
Where there's a will there's a wife

Fulham1959

2.   Click Login
5.   Click My Account

Still can't get it to work and all I currently want to watch are the extended highlights.  I'm logged-in but locked-out of all videos.

The screen tells me I am watching the extended highlights yet the actual window is the "Get Your Pass" window.  (I have tried to attach the screen grab but it doesn't seem to work.)

Fulham1959

I emailed FFC and have now forwarded my email to [email protected] at their suggestion (in an automated reply).

Fulham1959

Quote from: Fulham1959 on September 17, 2021, 02:14:49 PM
I emailed FFC and have now forwarded my email to [email protected] at their suggestion (in an automated reply).

Now an automated reply from them which includes the following FAQ :

I'm stuck in a login loop, or when I click Play the website does nothing
Please ensure that your web browser cookies are set to 'allowed' in your privacy and security settings. If you fail to do this, it may mean that you are unable to log-in and access the stream.
Safari Users – Versions of Safari from 13.1 onwards have cross-domain tracking disabled – this must be enabled for the login system to work. If this is not enabled, you may get stuck in a login loop.
Instructions on how to do this are here

So, the "login loop" seems to be a known problem though nothing has changed in my PC setup this week.  Actually paying to watch a match seems to have scuppered things.

S.F.Sorrow

Quote from: Fulham1959 on September 17, 2021, 02:24:03 PM
Quote from: Fulham1959 on September 17, 2021, 02:14:49 PM

Now an automated reply from them which includes the following FAQ :

I'm stuck in a login loop, or when I click Play the website does nothing
Please ensure that your web browser cookies are set to 'allowed' in your privacy and security settings. If you fail to do this, it may mean that you are unable to log-in and access the stream.
Safari Users – Versions of Safari from 13.1 onwards have cross-domain tracking disabled – this must be enabled for the login system to work. If this is not enabled, you may get stuck in a login loop.
Instructions on how to do this are here

So, the "login loop" seems to be a known problem though nothing has changed in my PC setup this week.  Actually paying to watch a match seems to have scuppered things.

That could be ONE explanation for the login loop but this is definitely not the solution in my case. I have not blocked any cookies from FFC or FFCTV. It's also a very inconsistent problem, which wouldn't be the case if it was caused by browser cookie settings. I often have to login twice for FFC and FFCTV but not always. FFCTV login often sends me to a completely blank page, but not always. The entire website is rubbish, especially the FFCTV pages.

I'm using Firefox but I experience the same problems with Chrome and Edge. Navigating the website is also very confusing, even when everything else works fine. Some pages are just dead ends with no easy way back to the FFC main page. The FFCTV website is very poorly designed and have lots of technical issues.

FFCTV support is a joke. They never reply. You just get that automated reply which may or may not be helpful. I've complained to the club about this but nothing has improved.

On the positive side the streams seem to be better quality and far more stable than they used to.

Single match days passes will not give access to any other videos though, not even the highlights from the match you've paid for. This is normal and specified in the terms and conditions. You'll need a monthly subscription or a full season pass to access all video content.

Gezza

Problem I have with FFCTV is that when I watch replays on full screen I cannot get rid of the two little pause icons in the middle of the screen. This is only on full screen.  Does anyone else have this problem ?

filham

Quote from: whitejc on September 17, 2021, 01:13:44 PM

2.   Click Login
5.   Click My Account

this will only work if you are standing on one leg and holding your lucky rabbits foot when the wind is blowing from the west  :dft011:
If you need a pee at stage 6 do you have to restart on returning.

toshes mate

Quote from: S.F.Sorrow on September 17, 2021, 05:01:51 PM
That could be ONE explanation for the login loop but this is definitely not the solution in my case.
Yes, it COULD be ONE explanation ... that the 'provider' has put to one side as a POSSIBLE thing to try. 

But, why should the provider care?  They'll get your money until you cancel your account anyway and TRYING to cancel your account may also subject to many hurdles, jumps and assault courses ...  There is no less excuse for poor quality on a web site offering a service than there is for buying a pair of shoes that collapse the first time you take a step and yet you cannot get a refund from the FFCtv provider because their EULA says they are not liable ...

The answer is in the hands of the subscriber - pay and put up with or withdraw from the service in numbers and force FFC to do something about it.