watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

FFCTv Issues & Comments

Started by terryr, September 11, 2021, 03:00:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

filham

Of course the Wiz Kid responsible for the web site will not understand any of our problems as he will be familiar with all the wrinkles and will get quickly to where he needs in a dozen or so clicks of the mouse.
I am always surprised in this modern world why things are not subjected to field trials involving the ordinary man in the street.

Fulham1959

Quote from: Fulham1959 on September 17, 2021, 02:24:03 PM
Quote from: Fulham1959 on September 17, 2021, 02:14:49 PM
I emailed FFC and have now forwarded my email to [email protected] at their suggestion (in an automated reply).

Now an automated reply from them which includes the following FAQ :

I'm stuck in a login loop, or when I click Play the website does nothing
Please ensure that your web browser cookies are set to 'allowed' in your privacy and security settings. If you fail to do this, it may mean that you are unable to log-in and access the stream.
Safari Users – Versions of Safari from 13.1 onwards have cross-domain tracking disabled – this must be enabled for the login system to work. If this is not enabled, you may get stuck in a login loop.
Instructions on how to do this are here

So, the "login loop" seems to be a known problem though nothing has changed in my PC setup this week.  Actually paying to watch a match seems to have scuppered things.

I now seem to have solved my problem.  My £5.00 subscription seems to have lapsed, and quite a while ago.  I have never cancelled it and thought it was ongoing, in any case.

I did get a specific reply last night from ffctvsupport and they said "There is no monthly pass on this account", hence my finding out that I haven't been charged for some time !  Anyhow, I have now restarted the £5.00 subscription and, hey presto, the videos are unlocked !

I do agree, however, that the website navigation is hopeless.

ianthailand

Quote from: whitejc on September 17, 2021, 01:13:44 PM
Quote from: Logicalman on September 17, 2021, 11:59:18 AM
The actual content is outsourced to a third-party provider, in this case Streaming AMG (https://streamamg.com/industries/sports), though I believe the administration is still in-house FFC.

As with every subscription, there are always issues that arise from time to time, mine is often (weekly) with ESPN for example, where I am challenged to verify my log in, I guess in the same way that FFCTv is doing to others on here.

I have a simple protocol when accessing FFCTv (apologies if this is presented too simply - no offence intended):
1.   GoTo: https://tv.fulhamfc.com/ffctv-live#home
2.   Click Login
3.   Enter details and click Continue
4.   The screen returns to the FFCTv Home screen again
5.   Click My Account
6.   This will verify if you have logged in successfully
7.   Return to FFCTv home page (By hiting thr back button as the web designers seem to have forgotten with the single account now the account details are on login.fulhamfc.com/Dashboard/Profile  and there appears to be no direct link back to FFCTv.
8.   On the left side of the screen is a tree menu, click the Live icon
9.   If watching the live video stream click FFC Live TV, if listening to GJ click Audio Commentary.

This process works for me every time (which is more than the ESPN on does for me). It's not perfect, FFC really needs to get a User panel to provide feedback which they listen to, and perhaps more people would have a better experience.

this will only work if you are standing on one leg and holding your lucky rabbits foot when the wind is blowing from the west  :dft011:
About as useful as a one-legged man in an arse kicking competition, John.

Matt10

Quote from: Gezza on September 17, 2021, 05:16:05 PM
Problem I have with FFCTV is that when I watch replays on full screen I cannot get rid of the two little pause icons in the middle of the screen. This is only on full screen.  Does anyone else have this problem ?

Does this happen when you move your mouse cursor to the bottom of the screen and out of view? Does it happen on another browser?

Matt10

Quote from: Logicalman on September 17, 2021, 11:59:18 AM
The actual content is outsourced to a third-party provider, in this case Streaming AMG (https://streamamg.com/industries/sports), though I believe the administration is still in-house FFC.

As with every subscription, there are always issues that arise from time to time, mine is often (weekly) with ESPN for example, where I am challenged to verify my log in, I guess in the same way that FFCTv is doing to others on here.

I have a simple protocol when accessing FFCTv (apologies if this is presented too simply - no offence intended):
1.   GoTo: https://tv.fulhamfc.com/ffctv-live#home
2.   Click Login
3.   Enter details and click Continue
4.   The screen returns to the FFCTv Home screen again
5.   Click My Account
6.   This will verify if you have logged in successfully
7.   Return to FFCTv home page (By hiting thr back button as the web designers seem to have forgotten with the single account now the account details are on login.fulhamfc.com/Dashboard/Profile  and there appears to be no direct link back to FFCTv.
8.   On the left side of the screen is a tree menu, click the Live icon
9.   If watching the live video stream click FFC Live TV, if listening to GJ click Audio Commentary.

This process works for me every time (which is more than the ESPN on does for me). It's not perfect, FFC really needs to get a User panel to provide feedback which they listen to, and perhaps more people would have a better experience.

Yeah, a bit unfortunate that they've chosen to not put "My OneFulham Account" because that's what it is essentially. It's not your FFCTV account. So they've put a bit of a sore spot there. I personally never click the My Account button because if that link shows up, it means I'm already logged in. Instead, I'll click "Manage Subscription" because that is specifically for FFCTV account (hence the site address linking to streamAMG: https://fulhampayments.streamamg.com/account?page=active-subscriptions ).

I'd also say they need a linkback to the fulhamfc homepage. It is there, but at the very very bottom of the page. This should always be at the very top, or even in each section that there is navigation to a new page.

Agree with the need of a feedback panel. Live help would be so much better than a ticketing system, and I'm just not sure why this hasn't been done. If it's a streamAMG thing or not, I'm not sure, but I did notice on other clubs that use them that there are no live help/chat options. What bit I have seen from other clubs, regardless of streaming service, is that they have a chatbot - which is essentially just a source to direct the user to knowledge-base, and doesn't truly offer personalized help.

bramble

Quote from: Gezza on September 17, 2021, 05:16:05 PM
Problem I have with FFCTV is that when I watch replays on full screen I cannot get rid of the two little pause icons in the middle of the screen. This is only on full screen.  Does anyone else have this problem ?
I have the same problem - but only in full screen mode.  It is erratic.  Sometimes there, sometimes not.  No matter where I put the curser!

LC

Quote from: filham on September 15, 2021, 02:37:44 PM
Well I have paid my £10 to Fulham TV , will I be able to get the match on my smart TV or do I have to view on my PC.
Wife not too happy as it is our 59th wedding anniversary but as I keep reminding her I had to miss the Fulham Arsenal game 59 years ago to get wed.

Seems like a fair trade..