watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Gazzaniga

Started by Denver Fulham, September 11, 2021, 05:42:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AJW48361

Surprised the ball went in at that angle for the goal.After you defending also.

Andy S

It's very easy to blame the keeper if you have never played In goal. I cannot blame him today. His points tally would be 8/10 for me. The whole of our team looked tired almost lifeless. I think Marco was hoping that when they hot out there they would build on what they have donepreviously. A long plane flight followed by a long coach journey will always result in a poor result. We have to see if the guys can pick themselves up for the next game

Denver Fulham

Quote from: Andy S on September 11, 2021, 09:24:22 PM
It's very easy to blame the keeper if you have never played In goal. I cannot blame him today. His points tally would be 8/10 for me. The whole of our team looked tired almost lifeless. I think Marco was hoping that when they hot out there they would build on what they have donepreviously. A long plane flight followed by a long coach journey will always result in a poor result. We have to see if the guys can pick themselves up for the next game

I've played in goal. That shot needs to be saved, horror defending aside.

But again, it's about the things over six matches -- not physical coming off his line, hoping for bailout whistles, misjudging crosses, poor clearances that turn into danger, getting weirdly wrong-footed on the Millwall goal by overreacting to the first header.

He hasn't had much to do, but if you're really watching, he hasn't been very solid so far. A keeper of his supposed quality should be better/cleaner than he has been.

bobbo

Quote from: Blawarmy on September 11, 2021, 06:18:53 PM
Quote from: Nero on September 11, 2021, 06:14:36 PM
Beaten at his near post with a clear view of the shot

https://www.skysports.com/football/blackpool-vs-fulham/447400
Pathetic defending
yes exactly their scorer was allowed to dance his way between two defenders with just the keeper to beat, for me it was a clear case othe the two that let him through being frightened to tackle for fear of giving away a penalty.
Half of our players were off their normal level of ability today .I though Gazza did ok. We fluffed out lines in front of goal too many times.
1975 just leaving home full of hope

cookieg

Quote from: Denver Fulham on September 11, 2021, 10:14:50 PM

But again, it's about the things over six matches -- not physical coming off his line, hoping for bailout whistles, misjudging crosses, poor clearances that turn into danger, getting weirdly wrong-footed on the Millwall goal by overreacting to the first header.

He hasn't had much to do, but if you're really watching, he hasn't been very solid so far. A keeper of his supposed quality should be better/cleaner than he has been.

Keepers get beaten at the near post, even the best ones. It happens.

Millwall's goal was a freak that would have beaten lots of keepers. Clearly you don't like Gazza but Silva trusts him.

Twig

Quote from: cookieg on September 11, 2021, 10:51:47 PM

Millwall's goal was a freak that would have beaten lots of keepers. Clearly you don't like Gazza but Silva trusts him.

I'm not sure the response that "well Silva fancies him" is enough to shut down discussion. Otherwise we could never debate and criticise any of our managers' picks. It's still early doors and I certainly wouldn't advocate dropping him. However I have posted several times that he doesn't fill me with confidence and I don't see him as an upgrade on Rodak. Still, it's his shirt to lose right now.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: Denver Fulham on September 11, 2021, 05:42:50 PM
I'd like to see Rodak get a chance. The goal today was poor, he had a dreadful clearance that created danger, and he's just making too many small mistakes for me. It finally hurt us today.

I agree. I haven't seen the replay but watching it live it seemed he was beaten at his near post and that shouldn't happen.

bobby01

I don't think his reflexes are the best, thought that was a poor goal to concede yesterday, watched it 6 or more times and still cannot see how it got past him.

Strange fact, we have concede 4, 2 in the 10 min period before after half time, and 2 in the 10 mins before the end.

Unable to find the stats for attempts on target to goals conceded, but if memory serves me correct I don't believe it will look very good, we do not give away many shots on target. Yesterday only one.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

MartyFFC

He seems pretty average from what I've seen so far. I think Rodak can count himself unfortunate to be sitting on the bench

Milo

Still confused as to why he's playing ahead of Rodak.

H4usuallysitting

2 thing's....the goalscorer was the best player on the park, so , we should of marked him out of the game & 2, Seri should of kicked him into row Z..... Blackpool wanted it more & we were flat & tired

Lighthouse

While I can appreciate that our keeper hasn't looked dominant and makes mistakes he is a shot stopper type of keeper. Not someone we can feel comfortable with and that may become a problem.

But the goal yesterday was such a team failure that it is just a joke to single Gazzaniga out. A player runs from so far outside the area and we can count how many attempts to tackle him took place. Go on count them. It wont take long.

An awful goal to give away but blaming the last man is simply wrong. By all means put him on the list. But the list of players who let us down for the goal is quite a long one. 
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

LC

Quote from: Lighthouse on September 12, 2021, 12:18:21 PM
While I can appreciate that our keeper hasn't looked dominant and makes mistakes he is a shot stopper type of keeper. Not someone we can feel comfortable with and that may become a problem.

But the goal yesterday was such a team failure that it is just a joke to single Gazzaniga out. A player runs from so far outside the area and we can count how many attempts to tackle him took place. Go on count them. It wont take long.

An awful goal to give away but blaming the last man is simply wrong. By all means put him on the list. But the list of players who let us down for the goal is quite a long one.

Yes I agree with that.

I would say though that the feelings towards Gazz have been built up over a period of games now- he just looks constantly uncomfortable when required to use his hands.

cookieg

Quote from: Twig on September 11, 2021, 11:47:15 PM

I'm not sure the response that "well Silva fancies him" is enough to shut down discussion. Otherwise we could never debate and criticise any of our managers' picks. It's still early doors and I certainly wouldn't advocate dropping him. However I have posted several times that he doesn't fill me with confidence and I don't see him as an upgrade on Rodak. Still, it's his shirt to lose right now.

I'm not shutting down debate. I said "trust" not "fancies" we don't see the training sessions, we don't know what goes on at MP. Silva does, so if he "trusts" Gazzaniga so be it.

SG

This is my take on him also. I am waiting for him to make a save that digs out his defence as Areola did regularly last season. Instead whenever the defence allow the opposition a chance he fails to retrieve the situation and concedes - with the crap defending for the Blackpool goal, yesterday would have been a good time for him to start but he gets beaten at his near post. He does not fill me with much confidence

Woolly Mammoth

My deduction for what it's worth is that as a goalkeeper at this level he has some short comings which we can do without if we have aspirations for an automatic promotion push.
He is very tall for his height and overall he is a good shot stopper but then so are most goalkeepers.
His command of his area has to improve and he needs to catch the ball at its highest point, but instead he fannies around with it.
His choice of angles are mediocre and for a big man he fails to make his goal look small.
He can count himself lucky that he appears to be currently number one, but not in my book.
Over the season I fear he will be a liability and cost us goals that could have been avoided. If I was Rodak, I would be gutted but hopefully if he get his opportunity Rodak will make the goal keeper position his own injuries permitting.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

MikeTheCubed

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on September 12, 2021, 07:09:38 PM
My deduction for what it's worth is that as a goalkeeper at this level he has some short comings which we can do without if we have aspirations for an automatic promotion push.
He is very tall for his height and overall he is a good shot stopper but then so are most goalkeepers.
His command of his area has to improve and he needs to catch the ball at its highest point, but instead he fannies around with it.
His choice of angles are mediocre and for a big man he fails to make his goal look small.
He can count himself lucky that he appears to be currently number one, but not in my book.
Over the season I fear he will be a liability and cost us goals that could have been avoided. If I was Rodak, I would be gutted but hopefully if he get his opportunity Rodak will make the goal keeper position his own injuries permitting.

Rodak is very tall for his height as well.  :dft012:

cookieg

Quote from: MikeTheCubed on September 12, 2021, 09:55:24 PM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on September 12, 2021, 07:09:38 PM

Rodak is very tall for his height as well.  :dft012:

And his legs reach all the way down to the ground.

Twig

Quote from: cookieg on September 12, 2021, 05:50:34 PM
Quote from: Twig on September 11, 2021, 11:47:15 PM

I'm not shutting down debate. I said "trust" not "fancies" we don't see the training sessions, we don't know what goes on at MP. Silva does, so if he "trusts" Gazzaniga so be it.

Ok "trusts" rather than "fancies". Although I'm not sure it alters my point.  Of course Silva sees what goes on at Motspur Pk, but on the other hand we have far mor experience of seeing Rodak as first choice keeper. And I still maintain that your comment, "clearly you don't like Gaza but Silva trusts him" was rather dismissive.  Quite a lot of us are concerned about Gazzaniga as first choice keeper, it's not a case on not liking him, we simply have concerns about some aspects of his game. I think it's perfectly legitimate to debate whether Marcus would make be a better choice even knowing that at the moment Silva will probably stick with Gaazaniga.

Woolly Mammoth

Gazza is a weak link that will not go away, he is a mistake waiting to happen, but apart from individual mistakes that to be fair any keeper could make. His overall ability has too many floors for comfort and he is eratic, I am surprised he is playing at this level.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.