watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Elliot bad injury

Started by F(f)CUK, September 12, 2021, 05:50:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MartyFFC

Just because a player is badly injured doesn't mean it's a red card; the challenge looked fairly innocuous and Elliot was just unlucky. I remember Son breaking Andre Gomes' leg and getting a red as the ref reacted to the injury; with the red being ultimately overturned on appeal

bobby01

Quote from: winterline on September 13, 2021, 06:09:35 AM
Painful to watch , hope and am sure he will get top class medical care and recovers well.

It was odd after when the red card was given, Leeds players protested with wide eyed bewilderment, "broken leg not a yellow?!?"

Tbf and not taking any sides, he won the ball and his trail leg caught his ankle. The ref initially did not even consider it a foul and only blew up when Salah was gesturing to the bench it was serious. To then red card him seems very odd. I do believe it is a dislocated ankle.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

rebel

?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

FFCAli

Quote from: rebel on September 13, 2021, 08:40:17 AM
?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet
Elliott showing more class than I thought him capable of.  Wishing both a speedy recoverey.

bobbo

Quote from: Somerset Fulham on September 12, 2021, 05:51:09 PM
I know he's not popular here, but I wish him all the best on what looks like a horrible, horrible injury.
yes of course
1975 just leaving home full of hope

Chobby

The red card is unimportant at this time what matters is the player's safety and recovery. This is the time when family and friends come to the fore. Get well soon Harvey.

rebel

The club has known about his qualities for a long time, we just aren't great at nailing talent down to contracts.

The blame really doesn't lay at his door. Trying to get transfer fees 'when the horse has bolted' is tough.     

brightster

Quote from: rebel on September 13, 2021, 03:44:24 PM
The club has known about his qualities for a long time, we just aren't great at nailing talent down to contracts.

The blame really doesn't lay at his door. Trying to get transfer fees 'when the horse has bolted' is tough.     

The club Did offer him a new contract, he didn't want too, he is a Liverpool supporter and when they came in that was game over for us. The club can't force these youngsters to sign new contracts, the same will most likely happen with Cav.

Dodgin

Wasn't a red card, support from Elliott

MartyFFC

An awful lot of posts removed from this thread, some of which were fairly innocuous. Reminds me of my time living out in the People's Republic of China. That said, at least it's just the posts and not the posters themselves that are disappearing

Twig

Quote from: MartyFFC on September 14, 2021, 08:51:46 AM
An awful lot of posts removed from this thread, some of which were fairly innocuous. Reminds me of my time living out in the People's Republic of China

I tend to agree. Can't understand why posts have been deleted?

Mullers OG

He's a former Fulham player and therefore part of the wider Fulham family. He may have left in a way which upset people but no one deserves a serious injury to be greeted with anything other than sympathy and best wishes. I hope the club have sent a get well soon card.

Even for those who seem to wish him ill there's a good reason why they shouldn't. The compensation payment to Fulham is heavily weighted on performance. The sooner he's back playing at the top level the sooner Fulham see some more cash.

rebel

Quote from: MartyFFC on September 14, 2021, 08:51:46 AM
An awful lot of posts removed from this thread, some of which were fairly innocuous. Reminds me of my time living out in the People's Republic of China. That said, at least it's just the posts and not the posters themselves that are disappearing

Exactly, the Chinese invented football. 

rebel

Quote from: brightster on September 13, 2021, 08:36:51 PM

The club Did offer him a new contract, he didn't want too, he is a Liverpool supporter and when they came in that was game over for us. The club can't force these youngsters to sign new contracts, the same will most likely happen with Cav.

Yep, but for a good compensation package we need to sign them up to 5 / 7 year contracts. Rather then wait years for minimal compensation.

Sting of the North

Quote from: rebel on September 14, 2021, 01:59:31 PM
Quote from: brightster on September 13, 2021, 08:36:51 PM

Yep, but for a good compensation package we need to sign them up to 5 / 7 year contracts. Rather then wait years for minimal compensation.

We are not allowed to when it comes to youngsters.

Cambridge Pete

Sorry he left but wish him luck. His tweet about the tackle showed class. Get well soon

We Are Premier League

With our add on clauses in mind, I wish him a swift recevery