watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Bournemouth currently top of the table

Started by Steeeeeeeeeed, September 14, 2021, 07:59:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SP

Didnt realise Ben Pearson, that thug from PNE is now at Bournemouth.

Blawarmy

Quote from: Denver Fulham on September 14, 2021, 08:53:43 PM
Our friends at Huddersfield are up a goal at mighty Blackpool. Shame we couldn't accomplish that.
Three nil up now.

Nero

Quote from: Blawarmy on September 14, 2021, 09:12:18 PM
Our friends at Huddersfield are up a goal at mighty Blackpool. Shame we couldn't accomplish that.
Three nil up now.

We tired them out on Saturday

Denver Fulham

Quote from: Nero on September 14, 2021, 09:13:05 PM
Three nil up now.

That's half a joke and half legit. They had two weeks to prepare for us and gave a ton of effort and don't have the depth or quality to come back three days later against a good side. Meanwhile, we were shorthanded and played like garbage. It happens.

Blawarmy

Three nil up now.

I hope Silva fields an energetic side tomorrow.  I was getting used to destroying teams.

The Cravenette

The Championship is a good competitive league with plenty of decent teams who can turn it on now and again and a few that may be more consistent. We need to be better than all of them. Despite our very good start it will not be a walk in the park. Particularly as most of the other teams will probably have their best performances of their season against us.

Nero

See Parker has learnt nothing and inviting pressure ion to his team

ChesterTheTabby

Quote from: Denver Fulham on September 14, 2021, 09:15:15 PM
Three nil up now.

That's half a joke and half legit. They had two weeks to prepare for us and gave a ton of effort and don't have the depth or quality to come back three days later against a good side. Meanwhile, we were shorthanded and played like garbage. It happens.

This is exactly it more or less
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

ChesterTheTabby

Bournemouth winning, Sheffield United winning, Huddersfield winning... WBA???

SP

Never liked this ref but by the current low standards he's now probably one of the better ones.

SP

ChesterTheTabby

Quote from: SP on September 14, 2021, 09:35:52 PM
Bournemouth's keeper MoTM tonight.

an incredible display. QPR deserved at minimum a share of the spoils.

bobby01

Tbh I thought Bournemouth created little going forward, both goals mistakes, unbelievable how they kicked the ball away or run away with it at every free kick.  Stroud is without doubt the worst ref I have seen, he totally loses control.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

Caedal

Blawarmy

WBA had 26 shots against Derby.  9 on target. Derby had 4 shots. 0 on target. Finished 0.0.

FFC1987

Must admit, I'm worried watching Bournemouth tonight. Yes, QPR gave them a good game but ultimately they looked dangerous whenever they went forward with lots of pace and a decent squad full of energy. Blackpool was such a bad result for us, particularly looking at Huddersfield tonight. Tomorrow we need a result even if its cement to the nerves, be back on top, and put the pressure on. A loss and a draw to Blackpool and Birmingham and it'll look like old times again throwing away opportunities.

ChesterTheTabby

Quote from: FFC1987 on September 14, 2021, 10:03:21 PM
Must admit, I'm worried watching Bournemouth tonight. Yes, QPR gave them a good game but ultimately they looked dangerous whenever they went forward with lots of pace and a decent squad full of energy. Blackpool was such a bad result for us, particularly looking at Huddersfield tonight. Tomorrow we need a result even if its cement to the nerves, be back on top, and put the pressure on. A loss and a draw to Blackpool and Birmingham and it'll look like old times again throwing away opportunities.

No one can deny it was a piss poor result that should not have happened. We have the squad depth and should not have started some of our tired or weary international players knowing full well we had a mid-week game against harder opposition.

SP

The Willock kick was far more of a red card than Wilson's but I think Stroud had decided there'd be no red cards this evening.

LittleErn

Did anyone watch the game on Sky? If so, did Bournemouth play the style that Fulham did under Parker? Was their build up slow, or were they better at transitioning than we were last season? It looks from comments that they went on the defensive at the end and invited pressure, but were there any other characteristic Parker hallmarks on show?

Before anyone says that we should forget Parker, my interest is in trying to understand whether our failures under him were his fault or due to weaknesses in our squad. This is relevant to this year's performances, although, of course, we had a different squad and were playing against better teams.

RaySmith

I only watched the first half, but it was an open game, and Bournemouth seemed io be getting the ball forward  quickly with  some pacey, skilful players.

QPR definitely lacking in defence though. But good to see Stef Jo playing an important role as captain, I think. looks fit.

Still early days yet. A very competitive division  this year, but need to see how thing pan out.
Hopefully Blackpool was just a blip for us.