watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Bournemouth currently top of the table

Started by Steeeeeeeeeed, September 14, 2021, 07:59:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blingo

They've had one of their three good games in a season. That's it.

rebel

Bournemouth has exactly the same record as WBA at the moment. Can't read much into that, too early.

bobby01

The crunch will come when he loses a couple, he will then revert to his true style.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

Jim©

Bournemouth don't look great, but they do have a pretty decent squad. Their keeper was excellent last night and saved points for them.
WBA look shockingly bad, but again, they have a pretty good squad. The football they play is so bad (but exactly the type of physical up and at em stuff that we can't cope with).

Luka

Quote from: SP on September 14, 2021, 08:53:20 PM
Still don't understand the attraction of Bournmouth to Scott Parker, less than 10,000 home fans in attendance tonight?

He can live in Sandbanks with a 10 minute drive to work.........
https://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/Sandbanks.html

MartyFFC

They were 4th last year with 2 questionable inexperienced managers. Whilst I dislike Parker I don't think there's any doubt they will be in the top 6, possibly pushing for the top 2 even.

Steeeeeeeeeed

Pluto

They will get worse as the season goes on and Parker implements his "style" of "football"

FFC1987

Their last 3 fixtures - Cardiff, QPR and Barnsley. Our last 3 games Blackpool, Birmingham and Reading and they closed the gap on us and pushed on unbeaten.

Silva needs to pull his finger out and get this team some consistency.

Nero

Still rather watch a Siliva team then a Parker team, He in full panic mode now they are top the to frighten to lose play for a draw we show it head, think the team arent listening to him and carrying on from under previous managers

unionist_ffc

Absolutely embarrassing from Silva.

Mods can delete my thread alp they want but 3 points from 9 against crap opposition is abysmal

Fair play to Parker

ChesterTheTabby

Quote from: FFC1987 on September 18, 2021, 05:08:23 PM
Their last 3 fixtures - Cardiff, QPR and Barnsley. Our last 3 games Blackpool, Birmingham and Reading and they closed the gap on us and pushed on unbeaten.

Cavaliero needs to be dropped, period. Injuries aren't helping, but Reading had more starting injuries than we did and bested us. If Silva wants to win the league or even top two, he needs to figure it the hell out. If that means Muniz starts and we play with two strikers, so be it.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

LC

Guys seriously, enough of the Parker conversation. Their wouldn't be a thread about Bournemouth if Parker wasn't there. Bottom line, out fully fit starting 11 blows away any team in the league. Today was a poor result, but the effort and desire was there, another day we would have won 3 or 4 nill

unionist_ffc

Quote from: ChesterTheTabby on September 18, 2021, 05:11:03 PM

Cavaliero needs to be dropped, period. Injuries aren't helping, but Reading had more starting injuries than we did and bested us. If Silva wants to win the league or even top two, he needs to figure it the hell out. If that means Muniz starts and we play with two strikers, so be it.
Silva doesn't have a clue what he is doing.

we zdd going to struggle to make the play offs

Pluto

Quote from: unionist_ffc on September 18, 2021, 05:12:17 PM

What are you talking about? We've looked immense for a lot of this season with much better quality football, and on another day we would have smashed this Reading team for four or five goals given the chances we had and how unlucky we were in front of goal. Silva has shown willingness to adapt and learn from mistakes already - he will learn from this and make sure we find a way to beat these teams that line up with ten men behind the ball.

unionist_ffc

Quote from: Pluto on September 18, 2021, 05:15:46 PM

What are you talking about? We've looked immense for a lot of this season with much better quality football, and on another day we would have smashed this Reading team for four or five goals given the chances we had and how unlucky we were in front of goal. Silva has shown willingness to adapt and learn from mistakes already - he will learn from this and make sure we find a way to beat these teams that line up with ten men behind the ball.
if 0 points from Blackpool and Reading does not scream red flag then I don't know what else will

Pluto

Quote from: unionist_ffc on September 18, 2021, 05:19:00 PM

if 0 points from Blackpool and Reading does not scream red flag then I don't know what else will

I prefer to actually watch the games and make a judgement on those results based on what I see

FFC1987

Whilst I agree, we can't just heap praise on this team. It deserves criticism for not being able to beat Reading and Blackpool when we could arguably field two sides to beat them with our squad.

What I find most worrying is the mentality. An odd blip like losing to Blackpool is one thing. To follow up with smashing Birmingham is great. But then to follow it up by losing at home Reading is just bizarre and if don't think that's a point worth criticising then I don't know when we actually can criticise. It's a serious red flag for me personally. If we want to be a top two side by end of season, we need to start playing like one consistently, and not just 1/3 games.

Forever Fulham

It's still early.  If we can play great against the better teams in this league, we can do so against the worse ones too.  Did some players have a few drinks last night?  Eat something that went bad?  Something at home that kept one or two of them from a full night's sleep?  There's no  denying how well the team has played.  The quality, the skill, the opportunism.  Cav, too.  We can go back and revisit older messages on this board that sang his praises.  I think the team is still finding its way, though with much early success.

RaySmith

WE weren't quite on it going forward, too many misplaced passes, and they defended well, while we weren't always that tight at the back, but  they  had some good forwards, and did us on the break.
Overall  they had the  rub of the green, while we huffed and puffed , and could have got something on another day, with a bit more luck.