Started by Steeeeeeeeeed, September 14, 2021, 07:59:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Terry Towling

Quote from: unionist_ffc on September 18, 2021, 05:19:00 PM
Quote from: Pluto on September 18, 2021, 05:15:46 PM
Quote from: unionist_ffc on September 18, 2021, 05:12:17 PM
Quote from: ChesterTheTabby on September 18, 2021, 05:11:03 PM
Quote from: FFC1987 on September 18, 2021, 05:08:23 PM
Their last 3 fixtures - Cardiff, QPR and Barnsley. Our last 3 games Blackpool, Birmingham and Reading and they closed the gap on us and pushed on unbeaten.

Silva needs to pull his finger out and get this team some consistency.

Cavaliero needs to be dropped, period. Injuries aren't helping, but Reading had more starting injuries than we did and bested us. If Silva wants to win the league or even top two, he needs to figure it the hell out. If that means Muniz starts and we play with two strikers, so be it.
Silva doesn't have a clue what he is doing.

we zdd going to struggle to make the play offs

What are you talking about? We've looked immense for a lot of this season with much better quality football, and on another day we would have smashed this Reading team for four or five goals given the chances we had and how unlucky we were in front of goal. Silva has shown willingness to adapt and learn from mistakes already - he will learn from this and make sure we find a way to beat these teams that line up with ten men behind the ball.
if 0 points from Blackpool and Reading does not scream red flag then I don't know what else will

And so it starts...

davew

Quote from: FFC1987 on September 18, 2021, 05:08:23 PM
Their last 3 fixtures - Cardiff, QPR and Barnsley. Our last 3 games Blackpool, Birmingham and Reading and they closed the gap on us and pushed on unbeaten.

Silva needs to pull his finger out and get this team some consistency.
+1, he has not been helped by injuries recently though, allowed a few more games to get things back on course.
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Woolly Mammoth

Football is a funny old game, you can win a game with a mediocre performance and play far better and come away defeated, and a rub of the green and a referees judgement can have a bearing on the final result.
Nevertheless I always find it uncomfortable and embarrassing when I read posts arrogantly forecasting how many are we going to score today. How naive is that, because apart having to eat their words and a slice of humble pie, they have to deal with huge disappointment of raising their expectations higher than is necessary.
Yet when a post is suggesting the opposite and to keep feet on the ground and quite rightly criticising players and the manager for the outcome, and every supporter has that right, they are coated for over reacting which suggests that you should not throw stones in a glass house.
It is also futile to suggest that our best eleven will beat everyone else's best eleven if they are all available. But generally in the real world of football it highly unlikely that the so called best eleven will play together due to injury illness loss of form and suspension. .
That is why the League competition is covered by 46 matches, because by then every team cannot complain that they did not have the opportunity to finish higher after playing for up to nine months.
If Scott Parker had been managing this game today I expect he would have got slaughtered. In fact I am surprised he isn't being blamed.
Instead he is currently looking down on us from the summit.
It really is a funny old game.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

unionist_ffc

Mick McCarthy regarded Bournemouth as a "perfect Championship" side.

Said they will definitely finish top 2.

That leaves one place to between us and WBA

Somerset Fulham

I would expect a team managed by Silva to lose more than a team managed by Parker just because of the differing playing styles.   Parker sets up not to lose and Silva sets up to win. A Parker side will draw lots more, which is where we will have the upper hand and finish above them.

Blawarmy

Quote from: unionist_ffc on September 18, 2021, 06:18:03 PM

Can't wait for when we stick 5 past them.

davew

Quote from: Somerset Fulham on September 18, 2021, 06:23:08 PM
I would expect a team managed by Silva to lose more than a team managed by Parker just because of the differing playing styles.   Parker sets up not to lose and Silva sets up to win. A Parker side will draw lots more, which is where we will have the upper hand and finish above them.
If that is true, let's hope we don´t get promoted to the PL with Silva in charge, we might struggle to beat Norwich's total points this season which I think are still currently 0?
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Woolly Mammoth

Goals change games, and clearly Reading had a cunning plan and set their stall out accordingly. If we had scored first it would I suspect being a different kind of game maybe. But Reading took the lead and had something to defend and hold on to without changing their system of play. Two banks of four plus a sweeper.
Obviously their cause was helped by Fulhams careless finishing and lack of composure in front of goal, wasting decent opportunities with the woodwork assisting Reading in two occasions.
Then to increase the pressure on Fulham Reading stretches their lead to place some daylight between them and ourselves, giving themselves a cushion if we happened to pull one back.
What I was disappointed with was that we were clearly carrying passengers as early as the first half yet good men in the dugout had to watch and sit out displays by certain player or players who started wondering what they had to do to get a kick of the ball.
Nevertheless, a week in football is a long time, and that is why the English Championship with so many games can be so very exciting and enthralling and pure theatre for all and sundry.
As we have the opportunity to get back on the horse we must take it.
After defeat every manager will look to his players into how they react to adversity. With the size and quality of our squad, I would like to see one or two other players get a start. Proactive as opposed to reactive, because you cannot get back on that horse if it has already bolted.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Terry Towling

Quote from: davew on September 18, 2021, 07:26:31 PM
If that is true, let's hope we don´t get promoted to the PL with Silva in charge, we might struggle to beat Norwich's total points this season which I think are still currently 0?

I shall cut this out and keep for the end of the season  :005:

perry geyton

Quote from: Blawarmy on September 18, 2021, 07:26:29 PM

Can't wait for when we stick 5 past them.

6 !

Statto

He would say that, wouldn't he
One boring f***** praising another boring f*****
I'm sure Pulis, Dyche and Alardyce all love Bournemouth too

ChesterTheTabby

If that is true, let's hope we don´t get promoted to the PL with Silva in charge, we might Qi\

WUM
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

MartyFFC

Since when was Mick McCarthy the Oracle. I realise the aim is to try and wind people up and get a reaction, but 'Mick McCarthy said Bournemouth will definitely finish top 2 so that leaves one place' just made me chuckle at the notion Mick is revered as being the fountain of all knowledge