watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The difference from Sat

Started by RoyTund, September 15, 2021, 09:04:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RoyTund

Is having a midfield runner breaking forward between the lines. We need at least one of Wilson or Carvalho playing. Quina is a very good player but plays a deeper 10 role.

Milo

Are you referring to Chalobah?

Because I don't think he's doing that role. I agree completely that the driving midfielder is what we need in front of Seri and Reed BUT Chalobah seems to play a little deeper. Been very impressed with him but not sure if he's a square peg in a round hole..?

I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up being Reed and Chalobah OR Seri and Chalobah with Onomah/Cavalho as the AM.

H4usuallysitting

Deeping_white

I don't think we've really played in that way - we just had Seri with Reed and Chalobah in front of him because Brum are playing 3-5-2 so we can break on them quickly, which has been very effective so far

colinwhite

Agree with op . Harry wilson gives us an option in behind which we didnt have on saturday which puts our defense under more prssure when playing out from the back.

Matt10

It's not just about players getting behind, it's because Birmingham play such a high man-like pressure and a very very high line. Not sure what they were thinking - as if they haven't seen us play before. We have two central mids face the ball and two runners off the ball. How they think they could've just played the highest line possible is beyond me. Really poor tactics.