watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Seri really enjoying himself

Started by perry geyton, September 15, 2021, 09:50:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

perry geyton

Fantastic to see, so glad he stayed, it's gonna make him a much better player in the long run.

3 X the player Anguissa will ever be...

70sPimlico

Well. Thats a fine opinion.

I'm glad he's with us and glad he's happy. Don't quite agree on the zambo bit

perry geyton

Quote from: 70sPimlico on September 15, 2021, 09:53:11 PM
Well. Thats a fine opinion.

I'm glad he's with us and glad he's happy. Don't quite agree on the zambo bit
Major difference is he has = end product

Bassey the warrior

So pleased to see this because I always felt he had it in him, he just needed the right manager to motivate him. He linked up with Mitro brilliantly for his assist.

MartyFFC

Played some fantastic through-balls tonight, and was chasing back putting in challenges too. Good to see

Sgt Fulham

Love a redemption arc. He oozes class at this level.

cmg

Classy player.
Now looks like he wants to run things.

Perhaps the most intriguing thing was, as 'Marty FFC' mentions, the way he was covering back and even handing out a bit of stick.

Woolly Mammoth

He is showing that natural gift of creativity which we have been lacking since Tom has not played.
The way he set Mitro up for his second was quality.
He even got booked for a challenge and we are seeing how important his all round game is, and perhaps now he has settled in we are going to see the best of him. I hope so because he could be an inaugural part of any Fulham success this season
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Nick Bateman

Seri was good today V Brum, with his customary errors as standard. He gave the ball away against Blackpool and was dribbled past for their solitary goal so I haven't completely forgotten that.

Anguissa's issue was perhaps ego-related. He believed, as I did, he should be in the first team - one saw the half-heartedness in his play shortly before he left; he was unhappy and under-performing, but strangely, an unhappy, under-performing Anguissa was still better than any of the midfielders in both teams when he played. I think Anguissa is a superb player if he is happy. One saw moments last season when motivated and he shone above everyone on the pitch.

One doubts if Seri can ever shine that much, but he deserves credit today and I won't knock him - he only made 2 mistakes to his usual 5. That said DeCordva-Reid & Cavaleiro are a complete waste of space.
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

davew

Certainly a big improvement on what we have seen in the past 2 seasons from him, beginning to like him!!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

perry geyton

Quote from: Nick Bateman on September 15, 2021, 10:22:59 PM
Seri was good today V Brum, with his customary errors as standard. He gave the ball away against Blackpool and was dribbled past for their solitary goal so I haven't completely forgotten that.

Anguissa's issue was perhaps ego-related. He believed, as I did, he should be in the first team - one saw the half-heartedness in his play shortly before he left; he was unhappy and under-performing, but strangely, an unhappy, under-performing Anguissa was still better than any of the midfielders in both teams when he played. I think Anguissa is a superb player if he is happy. One saw moments last season when motivated and he shone above everyone on the pitch.

One doubts if Seri can ever shine that much, but he deserves credit today and I won't knock him - he only made 2 mistakes to his usual 5. That said DeCordva-Reid & Cavaleiro are a complete waste of space.
[/quote

He has vision though and can pick a pass, something that Anguissa lacks immensely.

Positive play = goals and how many times did Anguissa give the ball away in silly areas ? Equally as many if not more then Seri

The Anguissa love fest never seems to amaze me, with so many he can do no wrong, even when he treats our club with a serious lack of respect people still adore him !!

I don't get it and never will

Andy S

Seri was brilliant today. No player ever has a faultless game.However the more players play together the more others are able to compensate for others short comings

ChesterTheTabby

All the original hype surrounding him - he's showing it! His passes were exquisite.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

Blawarmy

Maybe Silva has a part to play in his resurgence?

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Blawarmy on September 15, 2021, 11:53:20 PM
Maybe Silva has a part to play in his resurgence?

Let's not get too excited, we have been only 0.5 xG better than our opposition in the last two games. Today, we were 0.5 goal better at creating chances, and 2.5 goals better at finishing them.

Praise needs to be given to Odoi, Mitrovic, and Wilson for their excellent finishing; while Gazza, Tosin, Ream and Bryan deserve praise for preventing them converting.

But being better in both boxes doesn't make us invincible and there is a large luck factor in winning a game in both penalty areas.

We need our cohesion in midfield to improve, excellent midfielders (the 21/22 midfielders are marginally better than 17/18 midfield players) but not yet an excellent midfield trio (and all this years trios are no where near as good as the KMac, Stefjo, TC trio as a combo).

Radiowhite

Don't need to compare them, just be happy we have one and that he's playing well. In my opinion he's the best player in the championship

Milo

Agree with Nick that Seri is prone to stray passes which can put us under pressure. Would certainly need to iron those out if we ever did reach the Prem again.

However, we have to remember he's been in a box collecting dust at the back of the attic for 3 years or however long and it's unsurprising it'll take a while to get back in the groove.

bog

bobby01

The amount of ground Seri covered to play that 1-2 with Mitro for the 4th goal was unbelievable.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

Maidstone Lee

Believe he is into the last year of his contract but we have an option to extend. I hope we do this soon!
Stand up if you still believe!
@LeeWarner19