watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Seri really enjoying himself

Started by perry geyton, September 15, 2021, 09:50:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

filham

I always thought Seri was a nice footballer but am surprised how well he is coping with the rough and tumble of the championship. His involvement in that fourth goal was perfection.
The question I have always asked is can room be made in the team for both Seri and Cairney, afraid the answer is still no and it is going to be hard for the club captain to regain his place.

ZM15

People forget that the club kinda screwed him over. I'm just happy that he's happy now and performing well.

ken 44

I must be in a minority of one as regards Tim Ream he is whole hearted but indecisive and frequently
caught in possesion or into a rushed pass. We know he is not premiership class so why not give Mawson
a run in the team?

ffcne

Quote from: perry geyton on September 15, 2021, 11:15:50 PM
Quote from: Nick Bateman on September 15, 2021, 10:22:59 PM
Seri was good today V Brum, with his customary errors as standard. He gave the ball away against Blackpool and was dribbled past for their solitary goal so I haven't completely forgotten that.

Anguissa's issue was perhaps ego-related. He believed, as I did, he should be in the first team - one saw the half-heartedness in his play shortly before he left; he was unhappy and under-performing, but strangely, an unhappy, under-performing Anguissa was still better than any of the midfielders in both teams when he played. I think Anguissa is a superb player if he is happy. One saw moments last season when motivated and he shone above everyone on the pitch.

One doubts if Seri can ever shine that much, but he deserves credit today and I won't knock him - he only made 2 mistakes to his usual 5. That said DeCordva-Reid & Cavaleiro are a complete waste of space.
[/quote

He has vision though and can pick a pass, something that Anguissa lacks immensely.

Positive play = goals and how many times did Anguissa give the ball away in silly areas ? Equally as many if not more then Seri

The Anguissa love fest never seems to amaze me, with so many he can do no wrong, even when he treats our club with a serious lack of respect people still adore him !!

I don't get it and never will

Same here no cutting edge for me always looks laboured with no end product.

Pluto

Fair play to Seri. He has completely proven me wrong. Really impressed with his attitude and performances this season and beggars belief that we've had this guy on the books the last two seasons and not used him. Perhaps Parker was the problem as he clearly was with some of the other players? Credit to Marco Silva too for rejuvenating him.

Twig

Quote from: The Rational Fan on September 16, 2021, 12:46:04 AM
Quote from: Blawarmy on September 15, 2021, 11:53:20 PM
Maybe Silva has a part to play in his resurgence?

Let's not get too excited, we have been only 0.5 xG better than our opposition in the last two games. Today, we were 0.5 goal better at creating chances, and 2.5 goals better at finishing them.

Praise needs to be given to Odoi, Mitrovic, and Wilson for their excellent finishing; while Gazza, Tosin, Ream and Bryan deserve praise for preventing them converting.

But being better in both boxes doesn't make us invincible and there is a large luck factor in winning a game in both penalty areas.

We need our cohesion in midfield to improve, excellent midfielders (the 21/22 midfielders are marginally better than 17/18 midfield players) but not yet an excellent midfield trio (and all this years trios are no where near as good as the KMac, Stefjo, TC trio as a combo).

For once I fully agree with you TRF.  I said last night that whilst we obviously have some great midfield talent we need to develop them as an effective unit.  That's not a criticism, it was the first time this particular midfield combination had played together. It will be interesting to see how our preferred misfield develops as teh season progresses. Personally I am very optimistic.

Twig

Quote from: ken 44 on September 16, 2021, 03:04:00 PM
I must be in a minority of one as regards Tim Ream he is whole hearted but indecisive and frequently
caught in possesion or into a rushed pass. We know he is not premiership class so why not give Mawson
a run in the team?

Err this is a thread about Seri.

colinwhite

Seri has shown his class in every game this year. he s been superb.

Sammyffc

Quote from: perry geyton on September 15, 2021, 09:50:58 PM
Fantastic to see, so glad he stayed, it's gonna make him a much better player in the long run.

3 X the player Anguissa will ever be...

1) you are loving seri because for once he actually wants to play for us ...
2) disrespecting zambo who is mid 20's ( not early 30') like Seri, who came from europa league football and didn't want to play in the championship for us..
3) comparing a CDM to a CM... classic. what are you basing your thoughts that he is 3x the player when they play totally different positions, with different roles ?

perry geyton

Quote from: Sammyffc on September 16, 2021, 11:03:09 PM
Quote from: perry geyton on September 15, 2021, 09:50:58 PM
Fantastic to see, so glad he stayed, it's gonna make him a much better player in the long run.

3 X the player Anguissa will ever be...

1) you are loving seri because for once he actually wants to play for us ...
2) disrespecting zambo who is mid 20's ( not early 30') like Seri, who came from europa league football and didn't want to play in the championship for us..
3) comparing a CDM to a CM... classic. what are you basing your thoughts that he is 3x the player when they play totally different positions, with different roles ?

Sammy clearly in ❤️ With Zambo, fair enough....

Of coarse I can compare they play a similar role and I know exactly who I'd rather see in a Fulham shirt, plus I just said that Seri is clearly enjoying playing at the mo. No harm in that,,,
Not really sure what age has to do with it ???

Seri clearly has more creativity and vision then Zambo will ever have, sorry if that offends you

LittleErn

Quote from: ken 44 on September 16, 2021, 03:04:00 PM
a run in the team?

Have you posted this on the wrong thread?

LittleErn

Quote from: Nick Bateman on September 15, 2021, 10:22:59 PM
Seri was good today V Brum, with his customary errors as standard. He gave the ball away against Blackpool and was dribbled past for their solitary goal so I haven't completely forgotten that.

Anguissa's issue was perhaps ego-related. He believed, as I did, he should be in the first team - one saw the half-heartedness in his play shortly before he left; he was unhappy and under-performing, but strangely, an unhappy, under-performing Anguissa was still better than any of the midfielders in both teams when he played. I think Anguissa is a superb player if he is happy. One saw moments last season when motivated and he shone above everyone on the pitch.

One doubts if Seri can ever shine that much, but he deserves credit today and I won't knock him - he only made 2 mistakes to his usual 5. That said DeCordva-Reid & Cavaleiro are a complete waste of space.

I tend to agree with much of this Nick (It's rare that I completely agree with you). Seri is much more creative than Anguissa who lacks a final pass, but Anguissa is generally more reliable in defence. He can carry the ball forward but seems to run out of ideas, holds on too long, and gets crowded off the ball. I definitely don't agree that De Cordova Reid is a waste of space. His work rate is commendable and helps his teammates, and he can also be creative. Cavaleiro however........COULD be good if someone can teach him a) when to shoot and when not to, and b) how to be as composed as Harry Wilson is in front of goal.

I Ronic

I believe they are both excellent players. Just needs the right manager, tactics and players around them. Whatever or whoever is bringing out these performances in Seri long may it continue.

Dembele 2, was always good at holding on to the ball but it wasn't till late in his Fulham career that he carried it forward. Previous to that he'd go from side to side.

I think Zambo could be an amazing player, I hope that happens for him.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: I Ronic on September 18, 2021, 11:38:32 AM
I believe they are both excellent players. Just needs the right manager, tactics and players around them. Whatever or whoever is bringing out these performances in Seri long may it continue.

Dembele 2, was always good at holding on to the ball but it wasn't till late in his Fulham career that he carried it forward. Previous to that he'd go from side to side.

I think Zambo could be an amazing player, I hope that happens for him.

Do you mean Dembele mk 1? As in the guy that went to Spurs.