Lucky Blackpool

Started by ChesterTheTabby, September 15, 2021, 10:13:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChesterTheTabby

Thanking the heavens they played us when they did
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

Sgt Fulham

They made their own luck with a good performance. Let's give them some credit. With this team, I don't think the dropped 3 points will matter come the end of the season, thankfully.

davew

Quote from: ChesterTheTabby on September 15, 2021, 10:13:08 PM
Not sure I agree with that, still haven't seen the match but have watched our win tonight, if Blackpool were lucky we must have been total shite! Credit where it is due we lost and move on and tonight we did, though I thought B'ham were not that great!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Blawarmy

Quote from: davew on September 15, 2021, 10:20:38 PM
Not sure I agree with that, still haven't seen the match but have watched our win tonight, if Blackpool were lucky we must have been total shite! Credit where it is due we lost and move on and tonight we did, though I thought B'ham were not that great!
We were massively below par and Blackpool played above themselves. It happens occasionally

Andy S

We need another 74 points. All we have to do is keep pushing, keep working hard and keep winning

ChesterTheTabby

Quote from: davew on September 15, 2021, 10:20:38 PM

Blackpool played above their usual level, we played well below. Over the first 7 games, the points earned, Goals Scored, Goals Conceded, etc. don't lie. Hell, they were just pummeled 3-0 yesterday. They were fortunate for internationals, we had tired and injured players, and some unfortunate management decisions regarding those players.

Nothing to say Blackpool were poor, they played well... but also they were lucky.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

Nick Bateman

Rotten Northern ref, industrial football, Fulham off-colour, freak result and still only 1 goal. We'll see you at Craven Cottage methinks.....
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

Pluto

Silva made a mistake with team selection - lots of tired legs and a few freak poor performances elsewhere. It just wasn't our day.

Luckily he corrected that today and got it right by bringing in guys like Reed, Bryan and Chalobah. That's good management.

Motspur Park

Quote from: Pluto on September 16, 2021, 12:31:23 AM
Silva made a mistake with team selection - lots of tired legs and a few freak poor performances elsewhere. It just wasn't our day.

Luckily he corrected that today and got it right by bringing in guys like Reed, Bryan and Chalobah. That's good management.

Yep. I would have started Bryan and Mawson over the USA internationals at the weekend and Reed instead of the Watford newbie. I am pleased Silva didn't overreact against Brum as if he made wholesale changes after a narrow loss he risks alienating players. The three changes entirely understandable and good management.

I think what we are seeing is a little disjointed play with the team learning to play with new teammates. We added strength in the window but they need to be patient and should not have expected to walk into a winning team.

fulhamfever

We dropped 3 against Blackpool away and WBA dropped 2 points at home to Derby who are due to be deducted points. So overall not a bad outcome considering we won last night.

Jim©

After watching 3 of w broms games, they look dreadful. I'd imagine Birmingham would have beaten them easily last night. More of a challenge to come from Bournemouth I'd imagine.

blingo

Bournemouth won't finish in the top six

Rupert

Quote from: blingo on September 16, 2021, 04:26:28 PM
Bournemouth won't finish in the top six

Fair enough. Can you post next Saturday's lottery numbers while you are able to see the future?
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

blingo

Wingnut

Quote from: Andy S on September 15, 2021, 11:43:51 PM
We need another 74 points. All we have to do is keep pushing, keep working hard and keep winning

Yep. Just need to take it one game at a time. Focus on getting three points against Reading, and nothing else.
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Johnh

Feels like when we played Liverpool last season when we were also 'lucky'. Blackpool took advantage last game and did well to get the win. We had the squad to win 15m Mawson for Ream, 6m Bryan for Robinson. Hope we have learned for the next set of internationals in 4 weeks time.

bobbo

Quote from: Nick Bateman on September 16, 2021, 12:26:11 AM
Rotten Northern ref, industrial football, Fulham off-colour, freak result and still only 1 goal. We'll see you at Craven Cottage methinks.....
so wrong nick , the ref on the Blackpool match barely puta foot wrong , he was a breath of fresh air compared with the one last night at brum.
1975 just leaving home full of hope