more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Keep this up and..

Started by General, September 16, 2021, 08:33:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

General

This team could break league records.

Currently on 17 goals scored in 7 games.. carried on could have us near 100 on 30 games with 18 games of the season still to go.

Anyone know what othe records exist in this league that we could compile to keep an eye on.

I appreciate this is still very early stages and nothing is guaranteed (Blackpool game alone will testify to that), but post Birmingham I'm in a good mood and the energy in the squad/at the club is the most exciting I've seen at the club under the khan's tenure so it's got me curious.

Guy Whittingham (who I'll admit I'd never heard of) scored 41 goals in a championship season before with Lee Hughes coming second in the table with 31. Mitro is on 6 goals in 7 games so far - he's got prior quality in this league, we all know that, but does he have what it takes, do this forward line and team have what it takes for him to potentially come second at the very least?

106 is the record points tally of any team in the country which was also in the championship with reading.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: General on September 16, 2021, 08:33:19 AM

Guy Whittingham (who I'll admit I'd never heard of) scored 41 goals in a championship season.

Guy Whittingham scored 41 (or 42) goals in the English Second Tier (at the time First Division) in 1992/93, but that is not technically a Championship record.

General

Quote from: The Rational Fan on September 16, 2021, 08:55:07 AM

Guy Whittingham (who I'll admit I'd never heard of) scored 41 goals in a championship season.

Guy Whittingham scored 41 (or 42) goals in the English Second Tier (at the time First Division) in 1992/93, but that is not technically a Championship record.

Thanks for clearing up. So record is 31 goals by Lee Hughes which definitely seems achievable.

Rupert

Quote from: The Rational Fan on September 16, 2021, 08:55:07 AM

Yes, but on that technicality our 10-1 demolition of Ipswich on Boxing Day 1963 is not the record top flight score line. I am happy for Mitro to have to hit 42 goals this season. It gives him more of an incentive.
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

filham

Looking good right now as we are top of the table, the highest scorers, have conceded the fewest goals and have a home game coming up against lowly Reading on Saturday.

However don't start counting chickens, every game is tough and we can all remember lowly teams coming along ,parking the bus and walking off with three points.