watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

A new Mitro (and others)

Started by Jim©, September 16, 2021, 10:01:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim©

I was supportive of Parker last season as I always feel continuity is best. However, I retract it all and am so happy Silva is here.
One of the main reasons is the personal improvement of players.

Mitro is a prime example. Last night and Stoke in particular, I would guess that he was covering twice the kms on the pitch to games last season. Tracking back, covering the channels if one of the wide players is out of position, winning tackles on the edge of his own area, less arm throwing and theatrics than before. He actually had and won more tackles than any other Fulham player last night. He looks quicker, more fleet footed and up for the challenge. At this rate, he'll easily surpass the 26 he scored in this division last time out. It seems that there must be a lot of analysis and work done to look at where these players can improve. Whether that's by eye or stats or combination of the two who know, but it's very clear that it's working.

Seri is another obvious one. A player who has shown glimpses of what he can do now looks twice as fit, twice as willing to get stuck in (his tackling has been excellent) and impressive in the air for such a small fella. His touch is the best in the squad (as proved by the stats of poor touches that shows him standing out) and he has that knack of controlling the tempo of our game (most passes per game I'd imagine, rather than the CBs passing the ball to each other).

There's others of course; Tosin looked like a very commanding CB last night, much more willing to attack the ball in his own area than before. The only one who hasn't (Huddersifeld apart) seemed to improve is Cav!

Long may this personal improvement continue and excellent work to the coaching team.

colinwhite

i was supportive of Parker like you ,but Silva has made a huge difference and I am very happy the change was made.

ChesterTheTabby

Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: Jim© on September 16, 2021, 10:01:26 AM
I was supportive of Parker last season as I always feel continuity is best. However, I retract it all and am so happy Silva is here.

Mitro is a prime example. Last night and Stoke in particular, I would guess that he was covering twice the kms on the pitch to games last season. Tracking back, covering the channels if one of the wide players is out of position, winning tackles on the edge of his own area, less arm throwing and theatrics than before. He actually had and won more tackles than any other Fulham player last night. He looks quicker, more fleet footed and up for the challenge. At this rate, he'll easily surpass the 26 he scored in this division last time out. It seems that there must be a lot of analysis and work done to look at where these players can improve. Whether that's by eye or stats or combination of the two who know, but it's very clear that it's working.

Seri is another obvious one. A player who has shown glimpses of what he can do now looks twice as fit, twice as willing to get stuck in (his tackling has been excellent) and impressive in the air for such a small fella. His touch is the best in the squad (as proved by the stats of poor touches that shows him standing out) and he has that knack of controlling the tempo of our game (most passes per game I'd imagine, rather than the CBs passing the ball to each other).

There's others of course; Tosin looked like a very commanding CB last night, much more willing to attack the ball in his own area than before. The only one who hasn't (Huddersifeld apart) seemed to improve is Cav!

Long may this personal improvement continue and excellent work to the coaching team.

I was never a Parker fan but did my best to get behind him, but he's left so we can ignore the niceties.

It may sound crazy given Mitro was the top goalscorer, but I thought he was a shadow of his former self the season we went up under Parker. There was no link up play, no movement, no chasing down and no through balls. He just stood on the centre back, waiting for the ball to come to him. Based on the way he performed for all of the other managers you have to assume he was told to do that by Parker. One has to wonder whether he might have been more effective last season if he'd been allowed to play his own game, which is what Jokanovic and Silva allowed him to do.

LittleErn

Quote from: Jim© on September 16, 2021, 10:01:26 AM

I agree that there has been a lot of individual improvement, but I also think that it might be Silva's man-management skills, especially his ability to motivate his players, as much as analysis that has made the difference.

Bill2

Silva has to take a lot of the credit for Mitro's improvement nut I think it is not down to him playing better. He has always been better than as a target man. His ability to bring the ball down and lay it off within chest and feet were always good, but Parker isolated humans he was without any support. Also does anyone we notice we are crossing the ball quicker. Robinson the othe week was hitting it first time virtually every time. Gives the opposition no time.to organise and mark players.

Jims Dentist

Particularly last night, Mitro has looked so much fitter and mobile.

JimmyConway

Funny how we look at players differently as I have been thinking Mitrovic is a bit more out of condition since returning this season.

Deeping_white

Quote from: JimmyConway on September 16, 2021, 08:51:19 PM
Funny how we look at players differently as I have been thinking Mitrovic is a bit more out of condition since returning this season.

He sprinted past Reed last night who is absolutely no slouch, he covers more ground at the moment than I've ever seen from him in all honesty

SuffolkWhite

Parker could not see that Mitro is more than a Striker that can head a ball. Mitro links up play and holds the ball up as well as scores. I supported Parker up to a point, but then he dropped Mitro and played Cav!!!!!!!!!
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

Forever Fulham

He really is good at holding the ball and waiting for numbers/options.  That last goal he scored --perfect example.  It seems like a lot of the carryover players from last season have a new lease on life.