watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Opinions on Wilson

Started by bobby01, September 16, 2021, 11:54:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobby01

When Gaza,s long kick put him through and he went down on the edge of the box, I can't find a replay on it but fail to see why he would go down in a near one to one with the keeper.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

WestSussexWhite

It was a foul, if the ref gives a foul he has to send their defender off too.

Woolly Mammoth

Yes the referee bottled it, as did the lino on the far side who had an even better view. If that had happened on the halfway line the referee would have blown for a free kick.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

ChesterTheTabby

When you see both (well really all three angles) of the foul, it was entirely intentional. The defender, Pedersen I believe, knows he won't be catching Wilson and not only pushes him over from behind but also puts his left hand on Harry's shoulder and pulls back to get him off balance before he puts his hands up as if he did nothing. It was blatant and the referees (all involved) were horrendous.

Meanwhile they're guy Chong was replicating his hair flopping about all game.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

Bill2

Have yet to see that one, looked like ref bottled our penalty when he didn't book the Brum player. Need a better look but could have been a red card.
General opinion on Wilson is what a player, must be buy of the season if he carries on in this vein. Liked him for Wales in the Euros and even better in a Fulham shirt.

colinwhite

Wilson has made a huge difference to our play. Good with the ball ,but more importantly times his runs forwards and gets in behind defenses with his reading of the game and pace. Got in behind 5 times last night.(?)
This not only gives us a greater attacking threat but is also an option for both midfield ,defenders GK when under pressure. In fact it means teams dont dare to press us in quite the same way. If teams can take out mitros abillity to link up our play by screening him (as Blackpool did ) then our midfielder and defenders can choose to play out wide , but with Wilson (and carvahlo) hit balls beyond our opponents defense.

unionist_ffc

12 million is a lot of money for him.

He seems wasteful at times and perhaps, injury prone, but happy to have him on our side

FFC1987

JimmyConway

Wilson brings that rare thing nowadays called composure. In todays football you see so many players fluff their lines or snatch at opportunities. We have and had our fair few at Fulham whose legs go to jelly when they are one on one with just goalie to beat and defender/s breathing down there necks.
Out of current squad i would only back Wilson and perhaps Carvalho to score goals similar to Harry's goal last night.

filham

If the ref had given us that free kick he would have had to consider a red card for the offender, he bottled it.
If Wilson had dived he would have first taken a further step to ensure he was in the penalty area.
Wilson has pace, can score goals and can take corners, we need him if we are to continue to win matches.

MartyFFC

He brings a class, composure and finesse to the side that has been missing since Cairney's knee went. However he has more pace, and more goals in him than Cairney so provided he stays fit will prove to be a great signing.....

Twig

Quote from: FFC1987 on September 16, 2021, 01:25:02 PM
Don't feed the trolls.

I agree. Thus far he's been a huge success, we get forward at more effectively with him playing. He's great at finding space and took his goal well yesterday.
Oh yes, and it was a clear foul which should have resulted in a free kick just outside the box plus a card (probably red).

WestSussexWhite

Quote from: Bill2 on September 16, 2021, 01:06:35 PM
Have yet to see that one, looked like ref bottled our penalty when he didn't book the Brum player. Need a better look but could have been a red card.
General opinion on Wilson is what a player, must be buy of the season if he carries on in this vein. Liked him for Wales in the Euros and even better in a Fulham shirt.

Having seen several replays of the penalty, I think there player was lucky not to be sent off. Chalobah was through on goal and their defender did not make an attempt to play the ball just tugged him back

General

Quote from: unionist_ffc on September 16, 2021, 01:20:20 PM

He seems wasteful at times and perhaps, injury prone, but happy to have him on our side

Haha. Choosing to take that as sarcasm. Makes you more enjoyable  to have here and suggests you're funny.

WestSussexWhite

Quote from: unionist_ffc on September 16, 2021, 01:20:20 PM

Can I just check why you think he's injury prone? He's only missed 1 game because of injury and that was because he got flattened whilst playing international duty

Max Headroom

If we had had him last season rather than RLC we would still be in the premier league....

ChesterTheTabby

Quote from: Max Headroom on September 16, 2021, 03:45:25 PM
If we had had him last season rather than RLC we would still be in the premier league....

With Parker's style, and the atmosphere around the team (based on assumptions and reports), debatable.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

Carborundum

Enjoyed a couple of beers last night with a Cardiff season ticket holder and inevitably the topic came up.  We weren't watching the match.

He's clearly on a hot streak, wingers have them.  And I'd love to be proven wrong, but on the very limited occasions when I have seen him live, the player who he most reminds me of is Alex Kacanaclic.  He had this tendency to position himself for maximum chances of breakaway glory and far fewer chances of helping a beleaguered full back.  My Cardiff supporting colleague confirmed that's his game and in a team like Cardiff it didn't really work, everyone needed to muck in equally.  He speculated that perhaps Fulham could afford the luxury of playing him.  In my experience luxury players become problematic in the long run. 

So, for me the jury is out, but it's very early days.  The stats don't lie, he's doing plenty right but there's room for improvement.

fulhamfever

All I know he will be the difference between us going up automatically instead of the playoffs

WestSussexWhite

Quote from: Carborundum on September 16, 2021, 04:10:58 PM
Enjoyed a couple of beers last night with a Cardiff season ticket holder and inevitably the topic came up.  We weren't watching the match.

He's clearly on a hot streak, wingers have them.  And I'd love to be proven wrong, but on the very limited occasions when I have seen him live, the player who he most reminds me of is Alex Kacanaclic.  He had this tendency to position himself for maximum chances of breakaway glory and far fewer chances of helping a beleaguered full back.  My Cardiff supporting colleague confirmed that's his game and in a team like Cardiff it didn't really work, everyone needed to muck in equally.  He speculated that perhaps Fulham could afford the luxury of playing him.  In my experience luxury players become problematic in the long run. 

So, for me the jury is out, but it's very early days.  The stats don't lie, he's doing plenty right but there's room for improvement.

Did you watch his defensive work rate at home to Stoke? Or his tracking back last night? I don't think anyone can question is defensive work rate. Works very hard tracking back so far