Main Menu

Opinions on Wilson

Started by bobby01, September 16, 2021, 11:54:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: The Rational Fan on September 17, 2021, 07:04:18 AM
Quote from: unionist_ffc on September 16, 2021, 01:20:20 PM
12 million is a lot of money for him.

He seems wasteful at times and perhaps, injury prone, but happy to have him on our side

I'd personally prefer to have kept Anguissa for $12m, especially if we get promoted.

I have to disagree with you there, Frank does not warrant a place in our team for more than one reason and more importantly he will not be missed. There are alternatives that will give us more value for money. He does not punch his weight and more often than not for some reason chooses to underperform.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

bobby01

Going back to my original question this is the best I can find ?s=21
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

WestSussexWhite

Quote from: bobby01 on September 17, 2021, 10:18:00 AM

Definite foul and if it's a foul he's got to send the defender off

Twig

He seems wasteful at times and perhaps, injury prone, but happy to have him on our side

I'd personally prefer to have kept Anguissa for $12m, especially if we get promoted.

You're on your own there. Wilson has already contributed as much in his brief spell with us as Zambo did in his entire time at FFC.

ChesterTheTabby

Quote from: bobby01 on September 17, 2021, 10:18:00 AM

What a release! Gazza almost got an assist there!
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

ChesterTheTabby

Never. Wilson is more the player type we need. We have plenty that fill Zambo's role, and Harry can score.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

ron

He fills me with as much hope as Allan Clarke did all those years ago. Hope the same doesn't happen to him as it did to Clarke.....spirited away for far less than his true market value....

....in fact let's hope he doesn't get spirited away at all.

MartyFFC

How on earth has Big Franck who couldn't hit a barn door as borne out by his scoring record, managed to work his way into a thread about free-scoring Wilson

Twig

Quote from: MartyFFC on September 17, 2021, 05:08:11 PM
How on earth has Big Franck who couldn't hit a barn door as borne out by his scoring record, managed to work his way into a thread about free-scoring Wilson

Unionist and TRF forming an unholy alliance!

Jules

Wilson is absolute quality. One of our best signings for a long time. Makes a huge difference to our side offensively.

JEEVES

Yeah, you're right. Only someone who truly knows their football knows how much more important completed dribbles are than goals, assists and team morale.

Would just like to add that in my opinion it's the best signing I've seen in years. Exactly what we needed and lacked and he's a premier league quality player. Marco Silva is also a very high profile manager for this league and a lot of praise needs to be given to our owners for these acquisitions.

JEEVES

Quote from: Jules on September 17, 2021, 09:57:16 PM
Wilson is absolute quality. One of our best signings for a long time. Makes a huge difference to our side offensively.

He's fire. I've heard him banded in that group of players who's too good for the champ but not good enough for the prem. Had one season in the prem for Bournemouth when he was about 21/22. He finished the season their top scorer and they stayed up..

Dr Quinzel

I think he's great, having seen him. Before he joined I didn't know what to expect - thought he could be in that decent but hot and cold mold. But he's really good. My only fear is that he may miss a few games here and there with knocks? He has a bit of a bite about him too, which is good in terms of competitiveness, but can see him collecting a card or two too. All in all, he's going to be huge for us this season and is one of, if not the first names on the team sheet.