watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Chalobah

Started by sunburywhite, September 16, 2021, 02:56:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sunburywhite

I thought he had an impressive debut. It was his turn that got us the penalty and it was his through ball to Wilson for his goal
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

grandad

Certainly seems an upgrade of Anguissa & he cost us nothing. He & Wilson must be the signings of the season & all down to Silva telling the Board that he wanted them.
Where there's a will there's a wife

General

It's interesting how the official said it was an undisclosed fee but even more so to see how lyrical and enthusiastic silva has in pronouncing it as a free deal and great deal.

paulbrookersmazydribbles

The Times today said he cost £3m but then ran a quote from Silva saying he was a free transfer directly beneath.

Thought he was terrific in that three-man midfield. Could be a huge asset. I have no idea whether Reed going off is at all serious - but there's real competition for places in an area I was worried about over the summer now.

WestSussexWhite

Considering he has had no pre-season he should only get better too

ChesterTheTabby

My boss, a Watford die hard, was devastated Chalobah left. Couldn't care less about Quina though.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

jayffc

Quote from: grandad on September 16, 2021, 03:19:48 PM
Certainly seems an upgrade of Anguissa & he cost us nothing. He & Wilson must be the signings of the season & all down to Silva telling the Board that he wanted them.

Like the inclusion at the end as a way to give zero credit to the board/TK

Far as I've seen reported from anyone official it's still a 3 tick box system and the manager is still welcome to be an important part of that system. Whilst it seems Silva has been perhaps more vocal than others the only reports we have from anyone official are that Tony hasn't stepped back, though perhaps he's just stayed out the limelight more, and who can blame him. The only assumptions that TK has stepped down from his position or been less active behind closed doors have come from people on fulham boards wanting that to be the case for some reason.
Also Chalobah was here as a youngster so hardly unknown to the club.

Once again (and I'd argue 3 years running) the club has provided a squad more than capable of competing...the difference is this time for me, they picked the right manager to get the most out of em.

Anyway
Back to the post

Very impressed by the full debut of Chalobah and hope he continues to prosper here for years to come

Statto

Quote from: jayffc on September 16, 2021, 04:19:50 PM
The only assumptions that TK has stepped down from his position or been less active behind closed doors have come from people on fulham boards wanting that to be the case for some reason.

I think when the manager has worked with the player before it's a reasonable assumption that the manager originated the transfer suggestion.

Similarly when we signed Jokanovic's compatriot, Mitrovic, and Parker's brother-in-law, Arter.

But I suppose they could all just be coincidences...

bobby01

Good debut, Silva says he can only play like he wants at the moment for 60 mins. Sounds like when he is up to speed fitness wise there is another 33% to come, awesome.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

Tabby

Quote from: Statto on September 16, 2021, 05:07:24 PM
The only assumptions that TK has stepped down from his position or been less active behind closed doors have come from people on fulham boards wanting that to be the case for some reason.

I think when the manager has worked with the player before it's a reasonable assumption that the manager originated the transfer suggestion.

Similarly when we signed Jokanovic's compatriot, Mitrovic, and Parker's brother-in-law, Arter.

Maybe the idea that TK is entirely unreasonable when it comes to managerial input when it comes to transfer policy is overstated.

AshfordFFC

QuoteVery impressed by the full debut of Chalobah and hope he continues to prosper here for years to come

:plus one:  Equally impressed from what I saw of him and thought who needs Frank !!

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: Tabby on September 16, 2021, 05:11:22 PM

Maybe the idea that TK is entirely unreasonable when it comes to managerial input when it comes to transfer policy is overstated.

I've always felt this might be the case...yet it's something that can never be proven.

Obviously Silva wanted Chalobah.   Good thing our DoF didn't block the move.   

AJW48361

Twig

Fully agree. I seriously doubt these were coincidences (and I appreciate you were being a bit ironic). 

MartyFFC

Yeah great debut. Great athleticism, and has some technical ability too.

sunburywhite

Quote from: MartyFFC on September 16, 2021, 05:59:00 PM
Yeah great debut. Great athleticism, and has some technical ability too.

And a good brain

He could be the upgrade on Papa Diop (RIP) and Anguissa. Both great athletes in build but that little bit short of having the final piece of the jigsaw
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

colinwhite

he played more assist passes forward to onrunning players getting behind opposition defences than i have seen Anguissa do in 2 seasons !!

perry geyton

Quote from: colinwhite on September 16, 2021, 08:59:01 PM
he played more assist passes forward to onrunning players getting behind opposition defences than i have seen Anguissa do in 2 seasons !!
Yep Anguissa doesn't have the brains for it, creativity is something that can't be taught, you've either got it or you don't
Chalobah def seems to have it

Jim©

Thought his through ball for wilsons goal was exceptional . He'd played the pass before it got to him!

Finnans Right Peg

Quote from: Jim© on September 16, 2021, 09:32:30 PM
Thought his through ball for wilsons goal was exceptional . He'd played the pass before it got to him!

In the interview after the match he said ,he had watched videos of hiw Birmingham defend and knew he would find Wilson and was shouting at bobby to give him the ball because he knew where it was going