watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Now Tete is on Roma´s list

Started by grandad, September 16, 2021, 07:40:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grandad

Being reported that his agent is trying to engineer a transfer in January. He is contracted till 2024. Transfer Market have him valued at 5 mil. What a joke site this is. Make that 25 mil & still tell clubs to jog on.
Where there's a will there's a wife

SG

He'll still be injured if the stories are accurate

filham

I guess that come the January window some big clubs will be trying to snatch out best players. Hopefully we will do all we can to persuade these players to stay with us but failing that we must put a huge price on their heads and ensure we then have a useful transfer kitty.

ChesterTheTabby

Quote from: filham on September 16, 2021, 09:38:23 PM
I guess that come the January window some big clubs will be trying to snatch out best players. Hopefully we will do all we can to persuade these players to stay with us but failing that we must put a huge price on their heads and ensure we then have a useful transfer kitty.

We can lose no one. We must win the league, and comfortably, for confidence and harmony in a stabilized squad ahead of HOPEFULLY a premier league season next year.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

Somerset Fulham

Its no surprise, is it?

Fitness aside, he is too good for this division and will be able to go relatively cheaply to the top leagues.

General

Think he's out injured. Plus he stays and we are even stronger to go up. Everything I've seen from his photos and game interactions suggests he's enjoying being at the club and playing in the team.

Wouldn't make any sense to be injured this early in the season to engineer a move.

I don't think Tete is someone fussed enough to kick up a fuss and don't think the club need to sell.

WestSussexWhite

Tete is out until start of Jan. Been told if he's back any earlier it's a bonus. Then will probably take him most of Jan to get match fit. I think this is a non-starter tbh. Just agent talk

The Rational Fan

If we sell Tete, then maybe we can bring in Ola Aina. Tete is top Quality, but he is injury prone, he isn't not homegrown, and he needs to play for a better team if he wants to play for Netherlands; so maybe for the right fee we could find someone that is a better long term fit.

filham

Quote from: The Rational Fan on September 17, 2021, 06:09:29 AM
If we sell Tete, then maybe we can bring in Ola Aina. Tete is top Quality, but he is injury prone, he isn't not homegrown, and he needs to play for a better team if he wants to play for Netherlands; so maybe for the right fee we could find someone that is a better long term fit.
Hard to think of an instance when we have sold a top player and replaced them with someone better. Afraid the money is usually spent on poor players or simply lost.

Jim©

Quote from: WestSussexWhite on September 16, 2021, 11:16:37 PM
Tete is out until start of Jan. Been told if he's back any earlier it's a bonus. Then will probably take him most of Jan to get match fit. I think this is a non-starter tbh. Just agent talk

Silva said ten days ago in an interview that he was one month and a half, maybe two months away from being fit. That's November at some point.

Andy S

Everyone is on a list somewhere. That doesn't mean anyone is going anywhere.

Cookie6262

Hopefully by January we will be loopkk on kg good for promotion making it easier to tell other clubs where they can stick there bids!!!

JEEVES

We don't sell our players unless we want to any more. It's my favourite part of the contrast between MAF and the Khan's. If a player is on a decent contract and they're an important member of the squad, it will take an outrageous over value bid to tempt them to sell. Look who we've held onto and even signed this summer.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: JEEVES on September 17, 2021, 11:32:59 PM
We don't sell our players unless we want to any more. It's my favourite part of the contrast between MAF and the Khan's. If a player is on a decent contract and they're an important member of the squad, it will take an outrageous over value bid to tempt them to sell. Look who we've held onto and even signed this summer.

Tony Khan gets more criticism than he deserves, especially if you compare him to someone like Eddie Howe.
Tony Khan's 18/19 squad cost  £161,927k in transfer fees, get relegated and the media labels him clueless.
Eddie Howe's 19/20 squad cost £209,357k in transfer fees, gets relegated and the media labels him a genius.

Cumbrian White

The more interest in our players the better, shows we're doing something right. It'll be tough to lose one or two but think I'd choose Roma over us, so I'm sure players who have no affection for the club will easily move on to bigger and better things given the chance.

I think if we get promoted and we can demonstrate to these players how we are going to be competitive next season in the PL and not just finishing in the bottom 5 or 6 then this could be enough to hold on to the majority.

MartyFFC

Quote from: The Rational Fan on September 18, 2021, 08:22:20 AM
Quote from: JEEVES on September 17, 2021, 11:32:59 PM

Tony Khan gets more criticism than he deserves, especially if you compare him to someone like Eddie Howe.
Tony Khan's 18/19 squad cost  £161,927k in transfer fees, get relegated and the media labels him clueless.
Eddie Howe's 19/20 squad cost £209,357k in transfer fees, gets relegated and the media labels him a genius.
Why are you comparing a DOF with a coach/manager

FulhamStu

Players on long contract are probably also on good terms.  If Roma or anyone else wants one of your players that's ok as long as they meet our valuation.  Tete as said earlier for £20M, fair enough.  £5M - forget it.