Previous topic - Next topic

Maidstone Lee

I'm going for;

Gazzaniga

Odoi Tosin Ream Bryan

Reed Seri

Wilson Chalobah Kebano

Mitro

Thought Bryan did alright against Birmingham, deserves another game to see if he can hit a bit of form and make the position his own. Gone for Kebano over BDR as well.
Stand up if you still believe!
@LeeWarner19

The Rational Fan

Apart from fitness issues, I wouldn't change much until the Leeds game. The Leeds game will be important for Rodak, Christie, Hector, Mawson and Muniz to make their claim for a starting XI position.

General

Don't know why you've taken out BDR. Aside from keeping him in instead of kebano, I think the lineup pretty much picks itself at the moment. Positions belong to people until they lose them or get injured/suspended.

BDR is a better player than Kebano by a long way. Know people like Kebano, he's a great character and he's definitely a threat at this level, but there's no doubt who's more round and able as a footballer in my mind in terms of all round game, technique and threat in the box.

Only positions up for debate aside from that is RB where Tete would be a starter and LB where it's a close call between Robinson and Bryan.

filham

Fitness doubts about Reed, Onomah and Carvalho, so assuming they are not available:-

Gazz.
                                                Odoi               Tosin            Ream         Bryan

Seri   Chalobah
                                                                          BDR
                                                Wilson                  Mitro               Kebano

leafe hill white

Quote from: Maidstone Lee on September 17, 2021, 09:57:46 AMYep, I`d go along with that, but I would like to see Marek Rodak given a chance in goal.
I'm going for;

Gazzaniga

Odoi Tosin Ream Bryan

Reed Seri

Wilson Chalobah Kebano

Mitro

Thought Bryan did alright against Birmingham, deserves another game to see if he can hit a bit of form and make the position his own. Gone for Kebano over BDR as well.

JimmyConway

Why would you want Kebano in ahead of BDR? Wilson prefers to come in off the right and BDR has great work rate and been one of our more committed players last few games. He could probably do with scoring a couple more but he offers so much more than Kebano who scores the occasional free kick which in this squad his further down the pecking order now. Personally think his a sub at best and last ditch substitution in all fairness.

ChesterTheTabby

Quote from: filham on September 17, 2021, 11:12:15 AM
Fitness doubts about Reed, Onomah and Carvalho, so assuming they are not available:-

Gazz.
                                                Odoi               Tosin            Ream         Bryan

Seri   Chalobah
                                                                          BDR
                                                Wilson                  Mitro               Kebano

I think this is a fair shout if the injuries to Fabio, Harrison, and Josh preclude them from getting in the side. Onomah v Chalobah is a very interesting discussion since they are so similar, but Chalobah seems to be a bit more quick with his football brain and Onomah may have more hold up strength. Even keel depending on what one is looking for. I really hope Harrison is okay - the poor bloke can't get a break and he is a bloody good footballer.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

Statto

Quote from: General on September 17, 2021, 10:24:31 AM
Don't know why you've taken out BDR. Aside from keeping him in instead of kebano, I think the lineup pretty much picks itself at the moment. Positions belong to people until they lose them or get injured/suspended.

BDR is a better player than Kebano by a long way. Know people like Kebano, he's a great character and he's definitely a threat at this level, but there's no doubt who's more round and able as a footballer in my mind in terms of all round game, technique and threat in the box.

Only positions up for debate aside from that is RB where Tete would be a starter and LB where it's a close call between Robinson and Bryan.

Agreed... although there will be a conundrum when Carvalho returns

Fulham Tup North

Quote from: Statto on September 17, 2021, 02:11:51 PM
Quote from: General on September 17, 2021, 10:24:31 AM

Agreed... although there will be a conundrum when Carvalho returns
Carvalho, Challah, Wilson..... makes one want to purr.....
COYW ⚽️⚽️⚽️👍
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

perry geyton

Surely Reeds injured no ?
Not sure about Wilson either ?

WestSussexWhite

Quote from: perry geyton on September 17, 2021, 03:01:02 PM
Surely Reeds injured no ?
Not sure about Wilson either ?

Silva said Reed is a doubt but Wilson is fit for tomorrow

LC

Gazz
Odoi Tosin Ream Bryan
        Seri Chalobah
   Wilson BDR Kebano
           Mitrovic 

I would actually like to see Robinson and Bryan play down the left together. Reed comes back in if fit for Kebano and we play a midfield three with BDR moving to the wing.

General points, I prefer Rodak to Gazz and Mawson for Ream- but that's just me. 

davew

Play our under 23's team they will be good enough to win!!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

The Rational Fan

Quote from: JimmyConway on September 17, 2021, 01:28:16 PM
Why would you want Kebano in ahead of BDR? Wilson prefers to come in off the right and BDR has great work rate and been one of our more committed players last few games. He could probably do with scoring a couple more but he offers so much more than Kebano who scores the occasional free kick which in this squad his further down the pecking order now. Personally think his a sub at best and last ditch substitution in all fairness.

Simple, Reid may need a rotation after 400 minutes for Fulham and a few International Matches, keeping Reid fit for bigger matches. In addition, Kebano could do with some game. Reid is better, but not so much better that he shouldn't rotate with Kebano and there are harder games ahead that Reid is better suited (e.g. WBA).