News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The best striker in the Championship ...

Started by paulbrookersmazydribbles, September 17, 2021, 10:56:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deeping_white

You'd probably get a better opinion from Stevie Wonder to be honest - Parker wouldn't know what a good striker is, let alone how to use them properly

filham

Early days, I guess by Christmas the player scoring the most goals will be entitled to say he is the best striker and until then I suppose Parker is entitled to his opinion.
As for me I think it is a close call from Mitro, Wilson and Carvalho. Unlike Parker I am prepared to admit to a little Fulham bias.

blingo

Bryant May is a good striker as far as Parker is concerned

filham

Quote from: blingo on September 17, 2021, 11:02:52 AM
Bryant May is a good striker as far as Parker is concerned
Oh, lets not forget that all last season Parker persisted in selecting  Cav.

AnotherVicHalomLoveChild

grandad

Where there's a will there's a wife

FFC1987

A manager who didn't rate a player he managed and since moving on, says his new striker is better than his mistreated old one?

It would be weirder and more of a headline if he admitted Mitro was!

General

Parker is biased. He's looking to improve confidence of solanke and also clearly doesn't rate mitro because he left him out for the majority of last year, despite mitro having scored 11 goals in the PL when we were last there and us struggling for goals last season.

The interesting thing though will be how mitro reacts against Bournemouth if he hears these comments and grew to dislike Parker. In this team and under this manager mitro is already a different proposition than he was under Parker.

I have mitro down as a player who is good with controlled aggression and who likes to make points.

Rupert

Are there no limits to Scott Parker's perfidious behaviour? Asked by a Bournemouth newspaper if Bournemouth's current top striker, on the eve of his 100th appearance as a Bournemouth player, is as good as anyone else in the division, he chooses to give the man a confidence boost, rather than bring him back to reality with a brutally honest assessment.

Thank God he is no longer our manager. I'd hate to have someone like that in charge.
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

Blawarmy

Funny that cos Crystal Palace fans think he's sh1t.  Parker thinks Cavs a better striker than Mitro. Enough said!

Lighthouse

I need to know what the criteria is. Is it top scorer, best at holding the ball to allow others to support. Great at making goals for others.

Mitro has looked sharper this season but then has had far more support. He finds a lot more space in the Championship but still looks better than he did a few seasons back.

But Parker talking about a player he now manages will talk up his team. It makes sense.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Statto

If he likes giving out confidence boosts that have no correlation with reality, why didn't he come out last year and say Mitrovic was the best striker in the PL?

Milo

MikeTheCubed

Deeping_white

Quote from: Statto on September 17, 2021, 02:14:22 PM
If he likes giving out confidence boosts that have no correlation with reality, why didn't he come out last year and say Mitrovic was the best striker in the PL?

Probably because his man management skills are actually sh*te in contrast to what he bleets on about in the media, and he's probably realised that Bournemouth are riding their luck by scoring goals when they're creating very little and that he was dug out of a hole many a time by Mitro two season ago

HamsterWheel

Solanke cost £19m - he blimmin well should be the best in the Champ!

colinwhite

either way Im sure mitro will be inspired by this