Started by 3 Cherries, September 18, 2021, 05:24:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

3 Cherries

2 losses against pi** poor opposition

Felt we were flattered by the scoreline at Birmingham

And to rub it in, Bournemouth head the table

Ouch! That stings

unionist_ffc

Be careful what you post here matey, the mods will delete for having an opinion.

We literally should never have got rid of Parker.

2 points off top after 8 games is a nightmare.

Whitestone

Not really. We were dominating the game. There's such a long way to go. We lost today because we didn't take our chances. Thats down to the players.

3 Cherries

Quote from: unionist_ffc on September 18, 2021, 05:29:12 PM
Be careful what you post here matey, the mods will delete for having an opinion.

To be honest, I was pleased Scotty moved on - comparing Silva to Tigana is what irked me

Penfold

Yeah, let's have that mercenary Parker back.

Frustrating today but that's this league. There seems to be an expectancy to piss it a la Tigana. But we had a far superior squad that season.

rusty shackleford

Champions dont lose games like we have this week. And we are gonna lose a lot more when we finally play someone decent

Penfold

Quote from: rusty shackleford on September 18, 2021, 05:35:14 PM
Champions dont lose games like we have this week. And we are gonna lose a lot more when we finally play someone decent
We weren't champions last time in this league. But Silva is useless already?

unionist_ffc

9 points from next 3 league games or Silva has to go

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

If one of our chances in the first 15/20 minutes had gone in, I think it would have been
a completely different game and final scoreline.
A 2nd goal would have forced Reading to attack and leave more gaps at the back
and we could have really hammered them,
We hit the post twice, a couple of great saves by Southwood, that's the difference in
winning, drawing or losing.
One thing I don't think we picked up on was Southwoods frequent dropping of the ball.
One or two players following the flight of our corners could have been in positions where
we could have taken more advantage of hisflaps.

PS I thought Cavaleiro was our Player ...of the Second Half.
Crap in the first half though.

PS2:  should have been 10 minutes extra time
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

Worcesterwhite

He's got us on the front foot, playing attacking football,the only thing letting us down today was the finishing. We are 2nd losing 2 of our last 3. Hardly desperate times

Pluto

Quote from: unionist_ffc on September 18, 2021, 05:29:12 PM

Parker wanted to leave and was also one of the worst managers we've had in the modern era - both statistically and in terms of the quality of the football he had us playing.

Deeping_white

Quote from: unionist_ffc on September 18, 2021, 05:43:50 PM
9 points from next 3 league games or Silva has to go

Are you a QPR or Brentford supporter? No way on this planet you're actually a Fulham supporter

rusty shackleford

Quote from: Penfold on September 18, 2021, 05:36:58 PM
Quote from: rusty shackleford on September 18, 2021, 05:35:14 PM
We weren't champions last time in this league. But Silva is useless already?

Did I say that?

95% of this forum were touting us as champions elect based on a few games.

love4ffc

People are intitled to their opinions, after all if we can't discuss and have debates then what good is it to have a forum.  I say that but then I personally see these kind of threads as a wind up from those who just can't wait for the slightest chink in the armor to appear so that they can start a negative thread and complain. 

Fulham are in second place after 8 matches and currently sitting with the best goal differential.  Anyone who thinks that this was going to be a cake walk has forgotten just what it means to compete in this league as well as just how awful the refering can be.  Think some FFC fans have gotten a little cocky thinking that FFC was going to walk the league with the whole HMS Fulham are going to piss the league.   

Fulham just weren't up for this one.  Players were not connecting on the pitch as they have in other previous matches.  The chances were there, Fulham just couldn't get the result.  Is Silva to be held accountable for Odoi not doing better with his header in the box?  Should he be held accountable for Motro or Bobbie not being able to finish thier chances?   

I did not want to see Parker go but, I think it was obvious that he wanted to go.  Personally, I like the attacking football that Silva has the team playing verse the Parkerball that we endured last season.  I like that Silva tries to change things more in the attacking aspect of the game rather than Parkers style of putting more defenders on.   
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

Lighthouse

I can't help thinking we have a few WUMs on this site of late.

Football is frustrating and today after 25 shots our one goal return is appalling. But I think this odd idea that by changing things wholesale or bring back a failed manager or standing on your head whistling Dixie will help is nonsense,

Don't feed the WUMs.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

davew

I am slightly worried by the fact that we haven't played any of the better quality teams yet, so we are perhaps in a slightly false position in the table.
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Deeping_white

Quote from: davew on September 18, 2021, 06:05:05 PM
I am slightly worried by the fact that we haven't played any of the better quality teams yet, so we are perhaps in a slightly false position in the table.

Stoke? Birmingham? Huddersfield?

Blawarmy

As well as missing a hatfull of chances , conceding 2 goals at home is what cost us today

hovewhite

Silva's bubble has burst rubbish ,we should have kept Parker drivel .we will go up under Silva no doubt.

3 Cherries

Quote from: hovewhite on September 18, 2021, 06:11:56 PM
Silva's bubble has burst rubbish ,we should have kept Parker drivel .we will go up under Silva no doubt.

Speaking to Mystic Meg again