more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Silva's bubble has burst

Started by 3 Cherries, September 18, 2021, 05:24:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dougie

Quote from: rusty shackleford on September 18, 2021, 05:35:14 PM
Champions dont lose games like we have this week. And we are gonna lose a lot more when we finally play someone decent

In 98/99 we lost 3-1 at home to Luton at he beginning of October in a game we dominated but failed to take our chances. We went on to finish 20 points ahead of third place.

unionist_ffc

Quote from: Dougie on September 18, 2021, 06:31:38 PM
Champions dont lose games like we have this week. And we are gonna lose a lot more when we finally play someone decent

In 98/99 we lost 3-1 at home to Luton at he beginning of October in a game we dominated but failed to take our chances. We went on to finish 20 points ahead of third place.
We have lost against Blackpool and Reading in the last 7 days.

That is enough for the sirens to be ringing.

davew

Quote from: Deeping_white on September 18, 2021, 06:05:55 PM
Quote from: davew on September 18, 2021, 06:05:05 PM
I am slightly worried by the fact that we haven't played any of the better quality teams yet, so we are perhaps in a slightly false position in the table.

Stoke? Birmingham? Huddersfield?
WBA, Bournemouth, QPR, Sheff Utd, Coventry and Blackburn?
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Radiowhite

I do not understand some people on this forum

FFC1987

Quote from: Radiowhite on September 18, 2021, 06:48:59 PM
I do not understand some people on this forum

What don't you understand?

unionist_ffc

Quote from: davew on September 18, 2021, 06:48:23 PM
I am slightly worried by the fact that we haven't played any of the better quality teams yet, so we are perhaps in a slightly false position in the table.

Spot on. We are pushovers

Putney Pride

Quote from: unionist_ffc on September 18, 2021, 06:40:21 PM

We are 2nd. So there are 22 teams worse off than us. Why would sirens be going off when, if the league finished tomorrow, we would be promoted?

I was at the game and spitting feathers most of the second half but let's be honest on another day we win if one of those chances go in at the end of the first half. No need to over react.

MikeTheCubed

Wasn't today a carbon copy of the last time we played Reading at home? We lost that game but ultimately got promoted.

Deeping_white

Quote from: unionist_ffc on September 18, 2021, 06:58:09 PM

What does that make the 22 teams below us then?

FFC1987

Quote from: Deeping_white on September 18, 2021, 07:07:47 PM
Quote from: unionist_ffc on September 18, 2021, 06:58:09 PM

What does that make the 22 teams below us then?

Pushovers with inferior squads?

simplyfulham

Quote from: unionist_ffc on September 18, 2021, 06:40:21 PM

They've let them out for the day I see.

3 Cherries

Can accept not always hitting the net, but allowing Blackpool and Reading to score against us is worrying

Anyhow time will tell

Andy S

Teams lower down the league will always offer the biggest threat especially when playing clubs that have been relegated. They came to us and defended with 11 behind the ball for 90 minutes. Some teams do that as they did and got lucky today. Reading will finish mid table at best. The time wasting was appalling as well

Logicalman

Quote from: 3 Cherries on September 18, 2021, 07:55:39 PM
Can accept not always hitting the net, but allowing Blackpool and Reading to score against us is worrying

Anyhow time will tell

Totally agree with this post.
The passing on display today was abysmal  compared with our previous games (perhaps sans Blackpool) and, especially for at least one goal, was a direct reason for being scored against.
Overall we are a better and more cohesive team than last season, and we have shown such strength in the majority of our games thus far, but losses like today and last week should be a grounding for us (both the team and fans) to the realization we are unlikely to walk the league this season back to the Prem, and if we want to get promoted AND avoid the yo-yo effect, then we need to overcome these fails and become more consistent.
We have the manager and squad to get back up, we just need that consistency to push us onwards and upwards.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

Luka

Could have and should have buried Reading in the first twenty minutes.

Andy S

Teams lower down the league will always offer the biggest threat especially when playing clubs that have been relegated. They came to us and defended with 11 behind the ball for 90 minutes. Some teams do that as they did and got lucky today. Reading will finish mid table at best. The time wasting was appalling as well

Gezza

Quote from: Pluto on September 18, 2021, 05:53:39 PM
Quote from: unionist_ffc on September 18, 2021, 05:29:12 PM
Be careful what you post here matey, the mods will delete for having an opinion.

We literally should never have got rid of Parker.

2 points off top after 8 games is a nightmare.

Parker wanted to leave and was also one of the worst managers we've had in the modern era - both statistically and in terms of the quality of the football he had us playing.

Would be interested to know what you mean by the modern era. But to say a manager who was only with us for two full seasons and got promotion to the premier in one of those seasons is one of the worst managers is I think ridiculous. I assume you have only supported Fulham since the Slav era.

Dunstable Fulham

It's still early days with Silva and he is learning on the job. I do enjoy his far more attacking style. He was let down by the players today. Too many not on it and lots of missed chances in the first half, particularly first twenty minutes that would have made it a totally different game.

Jim©

Why haven't sensible posters left unionist and 3 cherries to troll each other?

ChesterTheTabby

Quote from: Luka on September 18, 2021, 08:18:45 PM
Should have and could have buried Reading in the first twenty minutes.

The name of the game is taking chances - we didn't. Goals change game (obviously). Bobby should have buried his first effort.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"