more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

39 crosses to their 4

Started by Baszab, September 18, 2021, 06:38:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baszab

Insane statistics

Albert Einstein is widely credited with saying, "The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results

Some of those crosses were just too easy to defend - especially with Mitro having 3 men on him

They blocked us out pretty well tbh

Woolly Mammoth

The crosses were meat and drink to their defenders, too predictable, but goals change games and only if one of our many chances had gone in early on, it could have been a different game.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Hugh Gentry

Was there even a single ball into the channels today? we were so predictable against a VERY average opposition

LittleErn

Where's Statto when you need him? I'd like to see the possession stats for each of our games compared. I hate it when we have 60+% possession as it usually means that we are attacking a crowded box. Is there a pattern for this season yet Statto?

Somerset Fulham

Quote from: LittleErn on September 18, 2021, 11:37:21 PM
Where's Statto when you need him? I'd like to see the possession stats for each of our games compared. I hate it when we have 60+% possession as it usually means that we are attacking a crowded box. Is there a pattern for this season yet Statto?

It sounds more like an MJG thing than Statto and I say that with total apologies to Statto if I've got it wrong.

But sides are going to come to the Cottage and do this to us, it's down to us to work out how to beat it.

Despite not playing badly at all today, I thought Mitro was trying far too much one touch stuff on the edge of the box rather than holding things up.  It's so good to see him with the confidence to try stuff like this again, but it really didn't come off today with a side determined to stop everything at all costs.

G_Gribby

It sounds more like an MJG thing than Statto and I say that with total apologies to Statto if I've got it wrong.

MJG got Covid on his Ireland vacation with the family. Now the vacation extended some days. (According to his Twitter account).
Only Sweden has Swedish gooseberries.

HV71

ALG01

get well soon mjg
and just for what its worth i know way more people that have got covid this time than any of the previous waves.
i wish people would take it much more seriously.
the fact the govenment plays fast and loose with our health to placate the right wing of their party should not cloud the fact this remains dangerous and we need to remain very careful.

regarding the football.
you can put any number of third rate crosses into the box and have pointless efforts on goal, it doesn't mean you will score.

once cav failed to put an unmarked  wilson through with a first time ball i suspected we were doomed. they went straight down the other end and swift played a simple pass to their man in a similar situation and they scored.
as it was said by Hugh Gentry, was there a single ball into the channels, that has been a feature so far, and there were not really any. challobah was absolutely awful, slowing the game and only passing the ball 5 or 6 yards, and BDR was foolishly moved from the LW where he has been brilliant to a different position where he struggled.

this was a very poor performance and we got what we deserved.