https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Too me it simply comes down to our

Started by perry geyton, September 18, 2021, 07:43:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

perry geyton

Goalkeeper

Rodak simply has to start

No disrespect to Gazza but it's just not right, he'd get eaten alive in the premiership

Jamie88

It obviously doesn't simply come down to Gazzaniga. He was not the one who missed chances today. However, I agree with picking Rodak all day long over him.

General

Cavaleiro and Robinson had poor games today too in particular.  BdR didn't have the best game either and I'm usually a big fan. Frustrating as we're now having lost two of our last three games and consistency is now an issue with results.

Sgt Fulham

I mean I agree, but what on earth was he meant to do to save either of the goals today?

Slaphead in Qatar

Rodak must start.

Add Wilson to the last of poor performances today.

perry geyton

He just flaps at everything, wasn't really at blame today other then two over theatrical simple saves

I hope Rodak has a blinder against Leeds and wakes Marco up

LC

I'm no fan of Gazz as many of you know, but he wasn't at fault for anything today, he came off his line well a couple of times I thought.

Woolly Mammoth

Football is a simple game complicated by coaches and pundits to justify their roles.
If a team is leaking goals it puts pressure on the forwards to score more.
If the forwards are wasting chances it puts pressure on the defence not to concede. So the domino effect is that that kind of pressure prevents players from relaxing hence the reason why players become careless and lose their timing and composure and panic and start playing with fear.
So to eradicate and find a solution you identity your weakest links in the team, because a team is only as strong as it's weakest link, enabling a good manager to say right I have a number 2 who is as good or on the same level or is in better form rather than let a team go stale.
Does a manager stick or does he twist that is why managers get paid lucrative wages to solve these problems, because just when you think all is rosy in the garden a hurricane comes along and blows the heads off all your flowers. Never stand still because you will get overtaken.
If my life depended on it I would choose Rodak over Gazza without hesitation. Whether I end up deceased is neither here nor there, but that would be my call because I firmly
believe he is our best keeper.
However, Gazza cannot be blamed alone, there are others like Cav who are too lightweight flatter to decieve and do not compete with the right application.
How do they continually get selected over better players left on the bench beats me, and how do those players feel, is there favouritism in the camp
or just errors of judgement. Either way it is costing us points, so it will be interesting to observe what the line up will be in the next match and then the following one.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Caedal

Er what exactly did he do wrong today? Utterly ridiculous thread. I don't know why there is such a witch-hunt out on him. I know people seem to think Rodak is the next coming of Gordon Banks because he came through the academy (which happened at the start of last season too), but to lay any blame on Gazza for losing today is utterly ridiculous

Deeping_white

Sorry but what's he meant to have done with either goal today? Odoi gives the guy the freedom of CC to pick his spot for the first goal, and Ream gives away the ball needlessly to start a counter attack for the second, neither has been berated on here for that and get poor old Gazza gets scapegoated again for an unstoppable goal and a shot that's about 6 yards out ffs

Somerset Fulham

He'll be making up stories about Gazza soon enough, it's what he did with his previous scapegoat don't forget.

cookieg

Quote from: perry geyton on September 18, 2021, 08:02:41 PM
He just flaps at everything, wasn't really at blame today other then two over theatrical simple saves

I hope Rodak has a blinder against Leeds and wakes Marco up

So Gazza "wasn't really at blame today" but you want to replace him? If and when Rodak gets a game and he flaps at the ball and drops it, keeps kicking the ball out of play or to the opposition from the back I do hope you demand that he gets dropped for.... Gazza or maybe some untried U23.

WindyCity

Quote from: perry geyton on September 18, 2021, 07:43:03 PM
Goalkeeper   Rodak simply has to start   No disrespect to Gazza but it's just not right, he'd get eaten alive in the premiership

Agreed!  To be fair, the first Reading goal would not have been stopped by any keeper at any level.  A terrific shot.

HOWEVER, the second goal caught him flat footed, made no play on the ball/shot, did not anticipate at all, no dive at the ball, just stood there hoping the ball might be kicked right at him, no smarts, no anticipation, just watched it go by.  As far as I'm concerned, Gazz has cost FFC 4 points so far this season.  Although poorly defended, the Blackpool goal was very soft in my opinion, and the second Reading goal just not competitive at all.  Time for Rodak.

WindyCity

Quote from: General on September 18, 2021, 07:48:48 PM
Cavaleiro and Robinson had poor games today too in particular.  BdR didn't have the best game either and I'm usually a big fan. Frustrating as we're now having lost two of our last three games and consistency is now an issue with results.

Sorry General, I disagree.  Robinson had a good game I thought.  Put the ball on Mitro's foot which found the crossbar, and put the ball on BDR's head, and BDR politely headed it right to the keeper.  Robinson was good throughout the game I felt.

Cav is a mixed bag, had some good moments, but also some poor.  BDR had a poor game, as did Wilson.  FFC had chances to tie the game if not win it but couldn't finish today.  Mitrovic had several good scoring chances but came up empty. 

HV71

On the Qt , WC , tbc that means you want R4G at FFC? OK?

Hugh Gentry

Quote from: WindyCity on September 18, 2021, 09:54:01 PM
Quote from: General on September 18, 2021, 07:48:48 PM

Sorry General, I disagree.  Robinson had a good game I thought.  Put the ball on Mitro's foot which found the crossbar, and put the ball on BDR's head, and BDR politely headed it right to the keeper.  Robinson was good throughout the game I felt.

Cav is a mixed bag, had some good moments, but also some poor.  BDR had a poor game, as did Wilson.  FFC had chances to tie the game if not win it but couldn't finish today.  Mitrovic had several good scoring chances but came up empty.
Robinson and Cav were appalling today, mistake after mistake, particularly going forward, but defensively down the right Reading exposed us every time

Hugh Gentry

Quote from: WindyCity on September 18, 2021, 09:47:39 PM
Quote from: perry geyton on September 18, 2021, 07:43:03 PM
Goalkeeper   Rodak simply has to start   No disrespect to Gazza but it's just not right, he'd get eaten alive in the premiership

Agreed!  To be fair, the first Reading goal would not have been stopped by any keeper at any level.  A terrific shot.

HOWEVER, the second goal caught him flat footed, made no play on the ball/shot, did not anticipate at all, no dive at the ball, just stood there hoping the ball might be kicked right at him, no smarts, no anticipation, just watched it go by.  As far as I'm concerned, Gazz has cost FFC 4 points so far this season.  Although poorly defended, the Blackpool goal was very soft in my opinion, and the second Reading goal just not competitive at all.  Time for Rodak.
Did you simply ignore Robinsons defending for Blackpools goal.....because he's American?

WindyCity

Wow, that's some very poor critique on the part of Gentry.  Cherry pick much?  Read/comprehend much?  I fully allowed for and stated that the defensing of the Blackpool goal was poor, I did not ignore that at all, but felt Gazz should have done much better on that play and not allowed the goal to be scored.  And what does Robinsons' nationality have to do with the price of corn?  That's just plain dumb/stupid.  Everyone has their own opinions on the game, and I felt Robinson did well, and could have had a couple of assists.  I'm no big fan of Cav, believe me, but he did have several good moments, including a bullet of a shot which was blocked away by Readings' keeper.  Speaking of being exposed, Reams' poor/weak pass which was easily intercepted lead to one of the Reading goals, just sayin'. 

I don't mind debating or folks disagreeing with me, but don't just pull things out that satisfy your own position and neglect the whole of what was actually originally posted. 

LittleErn

Quote from: Deeping_white on September 18, 2021, 08:22:06 PM
Sorry but what's he meant to have done with either goal today? Odoi gives the guy the freedom of CC to pick his spot for the first goal, and Ream gives away the ball needlessly to start a counter attack for the second, neither has been berated on here for that and get poor old Gazza gets scapegoated again for an unstoppable goal and a shot that's about 6 yards out ffs

Not only that, but Odoi failed to stay with his man into the box for the second goal. Not sure that he would have been in a position to stop it - fantastic footwork from the scorer - but his presence might have put him off. As far as Gazza is concerned, I agree that he could not be EXPECTED to save either goal, but he didn't exactly "fly through the air" for the first one. I have seen Rodak react quicker and I thought that he might have got closer.

Whitestone

I can't believe the OP and some others are criticising Gazza for today's performance other than they are big Rodak fans. I get that but Gazza was fine today.
I find it hard to believe that those knocking Robinson's performance watched the match ? He had an off game against Blackpool for sure but the fact he was in Honduras two days before didn't exactly help. He was one of the stand out performers today.
Odoi can shoulder some of the blame for the first goal and Ream's wayward pass led to the counter that resulted in the second. I thought Tosin could have done better with the header for the second which fell kindly for Ejaria who was never gonna miss. But hey some people don't rate Gazza so it suits to blame him too.