watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Team for Leeds

Started by Facts Not Fiction, September 19, 2021, 07:39:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Facts Not Fiction

With the recent dip in form, good time for some fringe players to show their worth IMO:

Rodak

Christie Tosin Mawson Bryan

Reed Onomah Francois

Quina Muniz Kebano

Gazzaniga, Hector, Odoi, Chalobah, Stansfield, BDR, Mitro

filham

No, we need to keep Tosin and Reed fresh for Saturday ,replace them with Hector and Francois.

grandad

I doubt Reed will be fit. I would not risk him if he is. No need for Tosin to play. Give Hector a run out. Neither should Onomah play
Where there's a will there's a wife

St Eve

Same discussion every year. We should play a team strong enough to beat them. Some tweaks like playing Rodak, but if we play players such as Christie no point in even showing up. I think we should take the cup seriously.

Whitestone

Saturday's game away to Bristol City is of greater importance. Promotion is the priority so I can't see the point in taking risks with team selection. We have a number of players, particularly those who have been on international duty, who would benefit from a rest. I expect that to happen. Likewise it would be crazy to risk Reed or anyone else recovering from knocks.

St Eve

blingo

Finishing in the top two is the only thing we should be prioritising this season.

twang

Rodak
Christie - Hector - Mawson - Sessegnon
Onomah - Francois
Knockaert - Quina - Kebano
Stansfield

Colton F.C.

After Saturday's debacle.  Need to get the league team right.  League Cup became a distraction.

Rodak
Fossey
Hector
Mawson
Bryan??/Sessegnon
Pajaziti
Quina
Francois
Kebano
Stansfield
Muniz??/Knockhaert

Woolly Mammoth

We need to progress in the cups, we entered the competitions to compete not throw in the towel because allegedly it will be detrimental to our League chances, never be frightened of your own shadows, show some resilience as it just may rub off on the players.
So what ever the team selected it must go full out to win, not just for giving fringe players game time, that is not competing Thats all the ingredients of a soft underbelly, and we know what happens to teams with a soft underbelly.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on September 19, 2021, 10:39:43 PM
We need to progress in the cups, we entered the competitions to compete not throw in the towel because allegedly it will be detrimental to our League chances, never be frightened of your own shadows, show some resilience as it just may rub off on the players.
So what ever the team selected it must go full out to win, not just for giving fringe players game time, that is not competing Thats all the ingredients of a soft underbelly, and we know what happens to teams with a soft underbelly.

After two losses in a week, we need our first team to be feeling pressure for their places in the starting XI, and a clean sheet against Leeds is exactly the kind of pressure Rodak, Christie, Hector, Mawson, and Bryan needs to place.

RaySmith

I hope  whoever is selected does well, and expect them to give their all- maybe a chance for one or two non first team regulars to show what they can do.

A win v Leeds, who did a job on us at the Cottage last season, would be very good for morale, both team's and fans'.

The Rational Fan

Rodak
Christie - Hector - Mawson - Bryan
           Onomah - Francois
   Knockaert - Quina - Kebano/Cav
                    Muniz

Used Subs: Tosin, Seri, and Stansfield

Finishing in the top two is the priority, but we will need many of those players to do it.

twang

Leeds are missing a lot of players and don't have a big squad to start with. 3 out of their 4 centre backs are out as well as Harrison, and both Raphina and Ayling went off with knocks on Friday. So it's likely that we'll face a very weakened Leeds side tomorrow.

Nero

Quote from: twang on September 20, 2021, 08:28:40 AM
Leeds are missing a lot of players and don't have a big squad to start with. 3 out of their 4 centre backs are out as well as Harrison, and both Raphina and Ayling went off with knocks on Friday. So it's likely that we'll face a very weakened Leeds side tomorrow.

Bamford has not travelled

Lordedmundo

I don't see any point in risking first teamers, especially those who are recovering from a knock. I would give Fossey and Sessegnon half a game each at right back to demonstrate whether they can challenge Odoi.  I think Francois has been unlucky to miss out since the start of the season, so maybe a chance to put himself back into contention. I would try Quina further forward in a wide position - as he has been utterly ineffective in the centre when he has played so far:

Rodak

Fossey/Sessegnon
Hector
Mawson
Bryan

Francois
Onomah
Pajaziti

Quina
Stansfield
Kebano

Subs:
Fabri
Bowat
Robinson
Cavaleiro
Bowie

Bill2

Give Stanfield some time, if not starting at least 30 minutes.

YoungsBitter

Quote from: Lordedmundo on September 20, 2021, 03:20:07 PM
I don't see any point in risking first teamers, especially those who are recovering from a knock. I would give Fossey and Sessegnon half a game each at right back to demonstrate whether they can challenge Odoi.  I think Francois has been unlucky to miss out since the start of the season, so maybe a chance to put himself back into contention. I would try Quina further forward in a wide position - as he has been utterly ineffective in the centre when he has played so far:

Rodak

Fossey/Sessegnon
Hector
Mawson
Bryan

Francois
Onomah
Pajaziti

Quina
Stansfield
Kebano

Subs:
Fabri
Bowat
Robinson
Cavaleiro
Bowie

I really like this. We have to let Fossey or Sess try out at right back.
The issue will be who is fit or carrying a knock - Knockaert is out still, Kebano could probably do with game time, Quina for sure and the likes of Stansfield, Pajaziti and Francois merit the start after last round. Not sure Onomah will be risked unless they are confident Fabio is back for Bristol.
Quark, strangeness and charm

Twig

Quote from: blingo on September 19, 2021, 09:15:40 PM
Finishing in the top two is the only thing we should be prioritising this season.

In your opinion.

Classic94

Rodak
Fossey, Hector, Mawson, Bryan
Francois, Pajaziti
Quina, Onomah, Kebano
Muniz

Gazzaniga, Sessegnon, Tosin, Chalobah, Seri, BDR, Stansfield