more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Broken Dreams tv programme, tonight 8.30pm

Started by ffc73, September 20, 2021, 08:40:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ffc73

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-58600845

Possibly a football programme that we may not want to be seen on.
Reads as though we will be featured though.

Steeeeeeeeeed

Quote from: FFC73 on September 20, 2021, 08:40:04 AM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-58600845

Possibly a football programme that we may not want to be seen on.
Reads as though we will be featured though.

Bump, is on in 20 minutes. Could be interesting.

Fernhurst

Bloody hell were not coming out of this well.
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

The Swan

We are featured a lot in this program . We are the only club that is featured by name.
The Swan

Fernhurst

Think the FST has some items for the agenda at the next meeting.
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

Ruislip White

Really annoying.  Such a sense of entitlement and lack of gratitude from the mother. 
The club gave him a shot for 10 years, he wasn't good enough so  the club rightly released and subsequently supported him to find new roles.
I don't what else FFC should have done other than unfairly give him a contract at someone else's (that was good enough) expense.

SP

Didn't see the programme but I suspect it featured the lad who was all over one of the papers recently?

Montague

Quote from: Ruislip White on September 20, 2021, 09:06:12 PM
Really annoying.  Such a sense of entitlement and lack of gratitude from the mother. 
The club gave him a shot for 10 years, he wasn't good enough so  the club rightly released and subsequently supported him to find new roles.
I don't what else FFC should have done other than unfairly give him a contract at someone else's (that was good enough) expense.

Very one sided program and only focussed on those who had put all their eggs in one basket and not taken any of the other education and career development opportunities that are on offer.

Reality check needed by most and I would say the parents were as much to blame as the agents for believing all the hype and not keeping their kids feet on the ground.

Watched the Academy system from a distance and would say the benefits still outweigh minuses for the kids who go through to the late teen stage - keeping them on the straight and narrow for one.

Steeeeeeeeeed

I watched it and it felt that half the program was about the presenter's failure not to make it as a footballer...

Yes quite a bit about Fulham, but also did not feel that they did much wrong to me really, apart from raising expectations in the mother who seemed like she just wanted her son to get really rich and buy her a house if he did make it.

Just feels like these kids need to be told that the chances of actually making a career in football are really really small.

However, the stuff about the agents "preying" on kids general was rather interesting, and is a real problem in the game.