watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Team for Leeds

Started by Facts Not Fiction, September 19, 2021, 07:39:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

perry geyton

Gotta start Stansfield give him his opportunity to shine as he earnt it in the first game, Rodak too hope has a blinder

filham

Quote from: St Eve on September 19, 2021, 08:10:58 PM
Same discussion every year. We should play a team strong enough to beat them. Some tweaks like playing Rodak, but if we play players such as Christie no point in even showing up. I think we should take the cup seriously.
The team we are suggesting should be capable of a serious performance, remember Leeds will not be fielding their first choice team.

WolverineFFC

Rodak
CC-Hector-Kongolo-JB
     Pajaziti-Francois
Knock-Quina-Kebano
         JS

Subs:
Gaz
Mawson
AR
Fossey
SS
Onomah
Cav
BDR
Mitro

Important to keep the young players who performed well at Birmingham involved. Tempted to place Fossey or SS at RB, but honestly the club need CC fit. If Odoi suffers an injury just don't think they can run the two youngsters out there every match yet. If Kongolo is not fit, then Mawson gets the start with Ream on the bench.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Twig on September 20, 2021, 03:55:39 PM
Quote from: blingo on September 19, 2021, 09:15:40 PM
Finishing in the top two is the only thing we should be prioritising this season.

In your opinion.

Given that 65% of the time, the team that wins the playoff goes straight down.
I'd prefer to "finish 2nd" than have two excellent cup runs (e.g. quarter-finals), finish 3rd, and win the playoff.

Given that we need "EPL TV Money" to keep the players currently in the squad.
I'd prefer to "finish 2nd" than have two brilliant cup runs (e.g. finals), finish 3rd, and lose the playoff final.

As two points could cost £150m, doing well in the cups is possibly a luxury we cannot afford. The cup needs to be used to enhance the Championship squad, by giving game time to those outside the starting XI (e.g. Rodak and Knockaert) and some youngsters (e.g Francois and Muniz).

Statto

Finishing in the top two is the only thing we should be prioritising this season.

In your opinion.

Quite right it's just an opinion... but it's an opinion I share

LC

Rodak
Christie Hector Mawson  Bryan
      Pajaziti  Onomah  Francois           
    Kebano   Stansfield    Quina

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Statto on September 21, 2021, 12:29:54 AM

In your opinion.

Win the EFL Cup        :         £100,000
Win the FA Cup         :       £1,800,000
Win Playoff & GoDown:  £150,000,000
Top Two & Stay Up     :  £270,000,000

The FA Cup is almost an amateur competition.

brightster

Can't see Muniz starting tonight or even on the bench, took a whack on Saturday and was hobbling off at the end.
In agreement with a few on here, a good cup run with a strong team is what we need.

Bill2

Having watched the JS interview on the FFC website sounds like it is 100% he will start. Also from other  comments I think it unlikely Muniz will play, shame have not seen him yet. Also all other players with knocks will be left out, so expect to see a lot of bench players start.

ex-Pat

Rest Muniz, play Mitro all the goals he has scored so far my Gran could have scored any of those,missed so many chances. Start Muniz the weekend,

WestSussexWhite

Muniz has posted something about game day today, suggests to me that he is involved

shepperton white

Would like to see young Stansfield and Francois getting a run out.  Leeds' current form is not great at the moment - 3 pts from five games.  Three draws and two losses - we might just get a win

LC

Quote from: The Rational Fan on September 21, 2021, 06:28:51 AM

In your opinion.

The FA Cup was a amateur competition once upon a time.

For me, the FA Cup is one of the most prestigious cups you can win. It's lost some of its prestige in recent years, but I suspect that will eventually change. Give 'The English Game' a watch on Netflix.

Twig

In your opinion.

And that's fine. I just hate it when people offer opinions as absolutes, as if they were irrefutable facts which they are not.

Twig

Quote from: The Rational Fan on September 21, 2021, 06:28:51 AM

In your opinion.

You omit to include qualification for Europe and the potential revenues that could be earned. I think you are also only talking about the prize money for the cup competitions and have excluded the gate receipts etc.