watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Dodgy VPN

Started by sunburywhite, September 21, 2021, 04:20:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sunburywhite

There are some programmes out there which fool computers into thinking the VPN address is in anopther country

Do you know if it is possible to use it so I can fool Fulham TV into thinking I am not in UK but still be able to getthe feed?
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

winterline

VPN will change your location however paying for and logging into an account are two different things. Do you have an international back account that you could pay with to 'prove' you are from another country? If not, then it just won't work, or if you know someone that will be able to pay for the account then you use your VPN.

toshes mate

There are many VPN providers out there and they all work differently according to whatever protocol(s) they offer when connecting you to the Internet.  You can even buy routers that allow you exclusive VPN connectivity meaning the actual IP address of your connection is concealed except to the VPN provider and that includes all devices connected by cable or wireless.   However many content providers (e.g. Sky, BBC, etc) have means of detecting connections which, from their perspective, may not be the actual IP address of the user and they block all content streaming by default.  Many of the VPN providers offer trial periods of use so you can test them out on specific sites but it can be hit and miss.  The main purpose of a VPN is privacy.       

ianthailand

Quote from: winterline on September 21, 2021, 04:40:41 PM
VPN will change your location however paying for and logging into an account are two different things. Do you have an international back account that you could pay with to 'prove' you are from another country? If not, then it just won't work, or if you know someone that will be able to pay for the account then you use your VPN.
I pay for my FFCTV from my Halifax Account which has a Nottingham address'

f321ffc

I have a fire stick with a dodgy streaming service which I think lets you watch pretty much any tv program world wide, but I only use it for football, only Fulham match I've not been able to watch was the Brum cup game. And it's a good stream .
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

grandad

I have had too many Laptops trashed by using these VPN´s. I will not use any streaming services for the same reason. I am happy to just have FFCTV as I live in Spain, listen to GJ & watch hights later & full 90 mins the next day. Well worth the 5 quid a month.
Where there's a will there's a wife

winterline

Quote from: ianthailand on September 21, 2021, 04:52:03 PM
Quote from: winterline on September 21, 2021, 04:40:41 PM
I pay for my FFCTV from my Halifax Account which has a Nottingham address'

Halifax, Nova Scotia, then it's a Canadian bank account with a UK address, or is it Halifax, West Yorkshire?
I think it's only an issue of the bank location to determine as "overseas", but just to be clear ianthailand, you are able to stream live games?

WokingFFC

I am travelling in France and purchased the ffctv season ticket through PayPal. Account is linked to a UK bank, UK home address too.

I also use a Nord VPN to stream and download from Netflix, Prime, Sky, Virgin, BBC, Britbox etc. all work perfectly fine. In fact, with Nord, I can choose a VPN from.loads of different countries which means I can watch programs only showing in those locations, i.e. the USA 😁