News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Cottage Talk Special Episode: Are The Fans Overreacting To The Loss?

Started by Russ Goldman, September 20, 2021, 10:33:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Russ Goldman

This episode is a discussion regarding the reaction after the Fulham loss to Reading. Joining this show was Emilio Di Nello, Scott Tanfield from the FOFcast, and Fulham legend Gordon Davies.

https://www.spreaker.com/user/11083314/cottage-talk-special-episode-are-the-fan

FulhamStu

Big time yes, see my post below.
We played well, but made mistakes at both ends of the pitch which killed us. 
It happens, Gordon will know, don't over react and move one.

We just need to learn and be a bit more cleaver v packed defence.

Sometime having to accept draws will not kill us as long as we continue to win the majority.

It's also important to recognise defence is the first part of winning games and the 2 goals conceded were not acceptable for a team aiming to win the league.

I am looking forward to Kongolo being involved and I predict he will be massive for us.

Would love you to discuss these points please Russ.

Lyle from Hangeland

The week to week fans are the worst. No perspective. Team looking to have a great season!

Lighthouse

Fans overreact to a win and do the same with a defeat. Many have yet to understand that football and sport in general isn't a computer game. Just because we beat a team above us doesn't mean we will beat all the teams below us.

I look at the unpredictability of the Championship in the same way I look at Womens tennis. Explain the results at the US Open and then come back to what is best in sport.

Fulham have had a poor last three games. We won one of them. Time will tell but it is just a shame fans can't understand  that there will be bad times as well as good however much the squad costs.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

ianthailand

Quote from: FulhamStu on September 20, 2021, 10:40:26 PM
Big time yes, see my post below.
We played well, but made mistakes at both ends of the pitch which killed us. 
It happens, Gordon will know, don't over react and move one.

We just need to learn and be a bit more cleaver v packed defence.

Sometime having to accept draws will not kill us as long as we continue to win the majority.

It's also important to recognise defence is the first part of winning games and the 2 goals conceded were not acceptable for a team aiming to win the league.

I am looking forward to Kongolo being involved and I predict he will be massive for us.

Would love you to discuss these points please Russ.
We just need to learn and be a bit more cleaver v packed defence. The axe man cometh!