watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Tiehi

Started by MickTheBeard, September 22, 2021, 06:06:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MickTheBeard

I see tiehi  has resigned ,the 23s are short of forwards.With Mika going to arsenal and stanfield hanging around the 1st team,and Bowie still adjusting to English football,their is not a recognised no9.although he is not a prolific goal scorer I think it was 10 goals before he jumped ship.He was slowly getting a few more goals,he was only getting 5 in 18s.Strange we let a player go about 3 years ago he now plays for Luton's 1st team no9,do .

Jamie88

Bowie, Stansfield, Ablade and Sanderson are all no.9's who seem to be doing just fine in our U23s/18s..

Regarding Adebayo who you are referring to, he wasn't exactly pulling up any trees with his goalscoring whilst with us and was pretty far down the pecking order for first team football so it made sense at the time. Plus, would you rather have Mitro/Muniz up front or Adebayo? Not sure what point youre making.

Only a miniscule number of players will make it as a top Championship/PL player from even a very well run academy - and even then it doesnt mean that because they've then gone on to play for Luton Town in the Championship that we've dropped a superstar.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: MickTheBeard on September 22, 2021, 06:06:51 PM
I see tiehi  has resigned ,the 23s are short of forwards.With Mika going to arsenal and stanfield hanging around the 1st team,and Bowie still adjusting to English football,their is not a recognised no9.although he is not a prolific goal scorer I think it was 10 goals before he jumped ship.He was slowly getting a few more goals,he was only getting 5 in 18s.Strange we let a player go about 3 years ago he now plays for Luton's 1st team no9,do .

Hasn't he re-signed rather than resigned? Completely opposite things.

filham

Oh how good it would be to see a home grown centre forward scoring goals for us in the Championship.
Why oh why was Stansfield not given some game time last night against Leeds.

Tabby

Quote from: Mitrovic the warrior on September 22, 2021, 06:49:09 PM
Quote from: MickTheBeard on September 22, 2021, 06:06:51 PM

Hasn't he re-signed rather than resigned? Completely opposite things.

Yeah, this is a very strange thread.

The Old Count

Not really a strange thread. More another attempt by an illiterate wum to have a pop at the club.

Stoneleigh Loyalist

This is a slightly strange one because Tiehi refused terms when offered at the end of last season and since then must have been looking elsewhere.. it would be interesting to know what he has been doing since then as unlike Bierith who signed for Arsenal he obviously did not find a club.
A useful addition to our young squad.

General

Based on whats on the site, he never went to another club - just spent a while weighing up his options and then chose to re-sign for us? Either ballsy or stupid move as it's not often clubs welcome back players who run down their contracts with open arms.. but fair play to the lad.. let's hope the re-signing announcement doesn't end in hot air.