News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

FoF Man of the Match Fulham 0(5), Leeds United 0(6) penalties in the Carabao Cup

Started by love4ffc, September 21, 2021, 09:46:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who was your FoF MOTM against Leeds = Mawson

Rodak
Christie
Mawson (C)
Hector
Bryan
Quina                     subbed 71'
Knockaert               subbed 71'
Kebano
Reed                       subbed 83'
Onomah
Muniz
De Cordova-Reid     sub 71'
Ivan Cavaleiro         sub 71'
Adarabioyo              sub 83'

love4ffc

It was an interesting lineup for this one with the likes of Hector, Christie and Rodak coming back in.  While the lineup looked strong on paper it really didn't produce much IMHO.  Looks like Fulham still need to work on penalties.  Oh well,  anyway who was your FoF MOTM and why?   

Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

sunburywhite

Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

ron

Nero

Thought Onamah but voted for Muniz let the lad know we forgive him and not to worry

grandad

Mawson getting back  to form. Must play on Saturday. Give Ream a rest.
Where there's a will there's a wife

AshfordFFC

thought Mawson was the best showing for me followed by Marek in goal, and Muniz was lively untill the end when it was obvious he had an issue of some sort.

Pluto

Mawson for me but the whole back four played really well. I would be comfortable with any of them making the step up.

Woolly Mammoth

I voted Alfie Mawson because he was awesome and he should now be in the Starting Lineup.
But Michael Hector and Josh Onomah also had excellent games.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

bobbo

Yep agree with woolly I think serious consideration for mawson as a 1st choice behind tosin . He came across last night as one of those annoying centre backs you just can't get past — looking from opposition point of view.
1975 just leaving home full of hope

3 Cherries

filham

Mawson without doubt and he must be knocking on the manager's door for a place in his championship staring line up.

Surrey Steve

Apart from those mentioned like Mawson & Hector, I thought Quina also played well.

beijing ben

Quote from: Surrey Steve on September 22, 2021, 10:39:36 AM
Apart from those mentioned like Mawson & Hector, I thought Quina also played well.

Yeah I agree. Quina has good feet in tight spaces but he put us in trouble with a pass towards the defence at one point. Just needs to improve his pass selection. Hopefully that will improve as he gets to know his teammates. Mawson and onomah played well I thought. Muniz looks ok as a backup to mitro. Some positive signs for us.

Count Flapula

Mawson hands down for me - solid defender, leader, increasingly confident and effective in carrying the ball / passing forwards.

Hector had a good game next to him - his distribution not quite as good as Mawson with a few erratic balls (particularly first half) but very solid defensively and a excellent second half performance.

Whole back 5 played pretty well - honourable shout out to Christie as they were clearly targeting his wing first half with diagonal long balls to their left winger which worked well for them, but otherwise he defended very well and got forward effectively on occasion.

Muniz has a great work rate which will help endear him to the fans - got a lot of running in him.

Quina definitely has good technique and trickery, but I feel positionally he wasn't close enough to Muniz who was often winning headers that went nowhere as had no one around him in the way Mitro gets players close to him when he goes for a ball. Partly also due to Silva liking his wide attackers to stay wide, but Quina needs to be more positionally aware which may help him have more influence on games as tended to have quiet spells dropping deep into congested areas and not receiving the ball / not being able to psotiviely influence play often enough. That said, this was a PL team so maybe a sense of perspective needed.

Overall a good team performance but Mawson head and shoulders best player last night.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: Nero on September 21, 2021, 10:14:37 PM
Thought Onamah but voted for Muniz let the lad know we forgive him and not to worry

You let him know? You think he reads this forum?

love4ffc

:bump:  hoping to get a few more votes before we lock the thread  049:gif
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

SP