more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Friday Fulham Stuff - 24/09/21...

Started by WhiteJC, September 24, 2021, 12:03:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

'The gaffer said' – Alfie Mawson opens up on role in Fulham's promotion push

Alfie Mawson has made just three substitute appearances in the Championship this season as the fierce competition for places at Craven Cottage continues to limit opportunities for even the most competent second tier players.

Going into his fourth season at the club Mawson is yet to reach 50 appearances for Fulham however he still feels like he has a role to play outside of the starting XI, he explained this when speaking to The Athletic.

He said: "The gaffer said before training the other day that it's not only the starting 11 and the benches, it's all the lads who are fighting to get on the bench.

"The lads on the pitch are looking after their spot, we've got to look after ours on the bench as well, because there will be lads coming in. The healthy competition is brilliant.

"I'm ready when he wants me. He can count on me to play and count on me to be around the lads when I'm not playing. I feel like I've got a role." he added.

Tim Ream and Tosin Adarabioyo are building a very effective relationship at the heart of defence and with Michael Hector completing the match against Leeds United in the cup this week, Mawson could fall even further down the pecking order.

The Verdict

Towards the back end of his time at Swansea City Mawson forced his way into the England squad, now he is not even first choice in the Championship which portrays a significant regression by the age of 27.

His words suggest that he is comfortable in a less demanding squad role, it would have been a healthy deal that brought him to the Cottage in 2018 to which ends this summer and so hopefully he can kick on and get back to his best away from Fulham next season.

Fulham travel to Bristol City on Saturday, where Mawson went on loan last term, knowing that a win could take them back to the summit of the division.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/the-gaffer-said-alfie-mawson-opens-up-on-role-in-fulhams-promotion-push/

WhiteJC

Fulham fan who received horrific online abuse surprised by Tim Ream in emotional video

Fulham fan Rhys Porter was overcome with emotion after being surprised by Tim Ream at their Motspur Park training ground on Thursday having raised thousands of pounds for charity

Tim Ream was on hand to surprise Fulham fan Rhys Porter, who has cerebral palsy, on live television on Wednesday after the youngster received online abuse on a video of himself playing football.

The United States international was immediately on hand to support the youngster after hearing his story on social media, with Porter receiving a string of nasty comments on his uploads.

Rhys, who has cerebral palsy and epilepsy, chose to use his experience to raise money for disability charity Scope by taking part in a goalkeeping challenge as part of the Make it Count campaign.

Having been invited to Fulham's Motspur Park training ground for an interview with BBC Breakfast, Rhys was left overcome with emotion after being joined by veteran defender Ream.

Tim Ream was on hand to surprise Fulham fan Rhys Porter at Motspur Park (Image: BBC Breakfast)

When asked what where Ream could improve his game before being aware of his presence, Rhys said: "I would say that he's a great defender, I don't think he needs to improve."

With Ream saying when asked how he became aware of Rhys after joining the youngster: "Yeah, I've shown my family his video.

"I just think, people see footballers as role models and inspiration and for me, what he's doing is more inspirational than any of us could ever do."

Rhys was left in tears following the welcome arrival of the club icon, having opened up on the messages he received on TikTok earlier this summer.

Rhys, who has cerebral palsy and epilepsy, has been raising money for charity (Image: BBC Breakfast)

He told Sky Sports News: "I made an account [on TikTok], it was called 'Rhys the Wall', I was going to post TikToks of me in goal and I posted about four or five and I posted a video of me where I made a save, and then it went viral and it had loads of horrible comments.

"It made me feel quite sad, but I try and get over it and I try and make the positives come out of the situation.

"I joined a disability charity and I'm doing 20 saves a day in line with the Paralympics and I'm trying to raise some awareness for disabled people. You can find the positives out of a situation if you look hard enough."

Rhys has raised in excess of £10,000 with his selfless efforts, with mum Kelly beaming with pride over the reaction of her son and his desire to help others.

Rhys was overcome with emotion after being surprised by the Fulham defender (Image: BBC Breakfast)

She said: "There were a lot of hate comments, a lot of really nasty comments, people being opinionated saying things like: 'you can't play football you're disabled'.

"It was shattering to read, but at the same time, we know that life and reality can be quite harsh. We didn't feel the need to hide it from him but just to address it with him and try and move forward.

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/fulham-tim-ream-rhys-porter-25052689

WhiteJC

Fulham defender Cyrus Christie shares message as he reflects on his return to action

Fulham defender Cyrus Christie has taken to Instagram to reflect on his return to action during the club's clash with Leeds United.

The Cottagers were knocked out of the League Cup by their Premier League opponents on Tuesday.

Neither side were able to break the deadlock at Craven Cottage as the game was decided by a penalty shoot-out.

Fulham forward Rodrigo Muniz missed the decisive spot-kick as Leeds secured their place in the fourth round of the competition.

Since returning to the club following a loan spell at Nottingham Forest last season, Christie has had to wait for the opportunity to showcase his talent to manager Marco Silva due to the presence of Denis Odoi.

Selected by Silva for Fulham's showdown with Leeds, the right-back managed to deliver an encouraging display earlier this week.

Reflecting on his return, Christie admitted on Instagram that it was nice to be back in action for his side whilst he also sent a positive message to Muniz following his penalty woe.

The Republic of Ireland international posted: "It's been a minute.

"Nice to be back playing at Craven Cottage.

"Dusting off some cobwebs but a solid performance all round from the team against a tough Leeds side.

"Keep your head up @rodrigomuniz019 you have a massive part to play this season brother."

The Verdict

Christie's performance against Leeds may have provided Silva with a selection dilemma heading into the club's clash with Bristol City on Saturday.

The defender helped Fulham keep a clean-sheet in this fixture by winning six aerial duels and making three clearances as he registered a respectable WhoScored match rating of 7.02.

Although Odoi has managed to produce some impressive displays for the Cottagers this season, he could potentially reach new heights if Christie provides him with some competition for the right-back role.

If Odoi suffers an injury or picks up a suspension, Christie will fancy his chances of delivering the goods in the Championship as he has made 242 appearances in this division during his career to date and thus knows exactly what it takes to thrive at this level.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/fulham-defender-cyrus-christie-shares-message-as-he-reflects-on-his-return-to-action/

WhiteJC

The tube at risk of becoming 'unbearably hot' due to climate change

It's also not good news for Hackney, Hammersmith & Fulham, Islington, Brent, Tower Hamlets and Newham

Feeling hot, hot, hot? Well, that's climate change for you.

We don't take much pleasure being harbingers of doom, but here's the bad news. A new report from City Hall has revealed that the boroughs most likely to suffer from flooding and overheating due to the climate crisis are Hackney, Hammersmith and Fulham, Islington, Brent, Tower Hamlets and Newham. In addition to that, it's said the tube could also potentially become 'unbearably hot' for more than one month every year.

In a speech he's making today at the Barbican, London Mayor Sadiq Khan will launch a new campaign that seeks to raise awareness of the crisis as well as let everyone know more about the Ultra Low Emission Zone expansion and the upcoming climate conference the COP26. He'll basically explain that London is, essentially, screwed, but that we still might be able to turn things around...

According to Khan, climate change is one of the most serious issues currently faced by the world but he plans to make London a zero-carbon city by 2030. This comes after City Hall analysis which shows that one in five schools and almost half of London's hospitals are at risk of flooding. Blimey.

Is there any good news? Well, not really. In addition to those harrowing stats, it turns out that 200,000 homes and workplaces are at medium or high risk of surface water floods.

'We either take bold action now or face the consequences – with catastrophic impacts on our environment, the air we breathe and the climate,' says Khan. 'I'm determined for London to be a world leader in tackling the twin dangers of air pollution and the climate emergency so that we can deliver a brighter future for London – one that's greener, fairer and more prosperous for everyone.' Sounds like a plan, Sadiq.

https://www.timeout.com/london/news/the-tube-at-risk-of-becoming-unbearably-hot-due-to-climate-change-092321

WhiteJC

How is Andre-Frank Zambo Anguissa getting on since leaving Fulham?

Andre-Frank Zambo Anguissa was a figure of a lot of speculation towards the back end of the summer transfer window.

The 25-year-old eventually made his way out of Craven Cottage on a temporary basis and joined up with Luciano Spalletti's Napoli. Anguissa has slotted in nicely at the San Paolo and made his debut in the club's eye-catching 2-1 win over Juventus.

The Cameroonian has completed two matches in Serie A, the second being another victory, this time on their travels against Udinese and he was also heavily involved in Napoli's enthralling 2-2 draw with Leicester City on matchday one in the Europa League.

Anguissa spent the 2019/20 season on loan at Villarreal, while Fulham gained promotion back to the Premier League, and came back to England a much better player than when he left. Marco Silva will be hoping the Napoli move can have a similar effect with the Cottagers intent on a more prolonged Premier League return following this season.

Although Anguissa was not heavily involved in the first team in the early knockings of the campaign, his exit has coincided with a drop off in form that has seen the Cottagers lose two of their three league games since his departure.

Any chance of Fulham falling away from the automatic promotion race is still slim but Silva will be keen for his side to return to the ruthless nature they demonstrated in the opening stretch as soon as possible.

Anguissa at Napoli is looking a good fit so far with Gli Azzurri gaining a classy midfield operator and Fulham awaiting the return of an even more accomplished footballer to take them to the next level.

With an option to buy clause set to bring some interesting negotiations to the table come the end of the season.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/how-is-andre-frank-zambo-anguissa-getting-on-since-leaving-fulham/

WhiteJC

Nigel Pearson's pre-match thoughts ahead of Bristol City v Fulham

Bristol City welcome Fulham to Ashton Gate on Saturday looking to end their 14 game winless run at home.

Nigel Pearson remained respectful talking to the club's media team about the high flying Cottagers in his pre-match press conference and stated he is confident the Robins can win the game.

He said: "We know that we've got a chance in every game that we play but we have respect for our opponents.

"When you play against sides at the top of the league I don't really approach it in any other way. It's always about what we do ourselves."

Fulham have been mesmerising in patches this season but have lost two of their last three league outings. Bristol City have done remarkably well to find themselves just one point off of the play-off places given they remain winless at home and may relish the pressure being off against such tough opposition this weekend.

Pearson will be desperate for his side to harness the momentum they gained from their last gasp Nahki Wells winner at Queens Park Rangers last weekend, an eventual win at Ashton Gate would see everyone at the club breathe a huge sigh of relief.

It will be interesting to see if Pearson sticks with the same side that beat Mark Warburton's QPR.

The Verdict

Pearson rarely gives a lot away in his media interviews and this one is no different.

Though he is keen to keep the players believing they can beat a side as good as Fulham it is not a match he will lose sleep over if they do not.

Andreas Weimann has been in excellent form at the start of the campaign and he will be looking to continue that against one of the more high profile backlines in the division. Silva's men responded to their last league defeat with a thumping 4-1 at Birmingham City, the Robins may be set for similar treatment.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/nigel-pearsons-pre-match-thoughts-ahead-of-bristol-city-v-fulham/

WhiteJC

Fulham youngster Carvalho still recovering from injury

Fulham will face Bristol City on Saturday without teenage star Fabio Carvalho – but everyone else apart from long-term absentees Tom Cairney and Terence Kongolo is available.

Marco Silva has hinted that some who took Leeds United to penalties in Tuesday's EFL Cup tie could feature at Ashton Gate.

The Whites boss changed his entire 11 from Saturday's defeat by Reading, but says he doesn't expect another completely different line-up.

He said: "There are some from Tuesday who have given me (selection) headaches. Some of them have shown they deserve to play."

Carvalho is a loss, and a toe problem picked up against Hull and aggravated against Stoke, is a concern.

Silva admitted: "Fabio's started running on the pitch; but it's longer than I expected and wanted, to be honest.

"He took some steps back and we want to make sure he doesn't step back again. We hope next week he can start working with the team."

The good news for Cairney is he's made "some progress" with a knee problem that has kept him out since December 2020.

Kongolo, who has made just four appearances since January 2020, is being lined up for a return to action with the Under-23s.

On Cairney, Silva said: "He made some progress. Not big, big progress to be honest, but he's on the (training) pitch already. We need to be calm to see him 100% fit.

"As for Kongolo, he needs more time for his best physical condition. But he's ready to play some games with the Under-23s and he's been working with the team.

"He's in better shape and he needs games and minutes."

https://www.westlondonsport.com/fulham/carvalho-out-longer-than-expected-kongolo-set-for-return-progress-for-cairney-silva

WhiteJC

Gate Guide: Fulham
City host Fulham this Saturday (September 25th, 3pm) and here's your easy guide for what to expect, if you're heading to BS3...

STADIUM

The Lansdown, Dolman and South Stand will be open for home supporters, while the Atyeo Stand will host Fulham fans.

Stadium-wide free WIFI is also available.

If you see or hear any racist, homophobic or any other abuse around the stadium, please report it to our text line: 07770 736 047.

PARKING

Please note, matchday parking for Fulham has now SOLD OUT.

For a list of unofficial pay-on-the-day parking, read the Getting to the Gate information pack.

For future matches, supporters can enquire about matchday parking by calling 0117 963 0600, weekdays 9am – 5pm. More details below:

Winterstoke Accessible (15 spaces only, numbered bays) - £20 per space
Wickes (unreserved) - £20 per space
Midas (unreserved) – £20 per space
Pattersons (unreserved) - £15 per space

To reiterate, parking as listed above has SOLD OUT for Bristol City v Fulham.

TICKETS

Tickets will be available to purchase on matchday for home supporters only via the following link. Pay on the day will also be available for home supporters.

The matchday Ticket Office by the Atyeo Statue will be open from 10.30am until shortly after kick-off.

Supporter Services phonelines (0117 963 0600) will be open from 10am-1pm for any matchday queries and sales.

Season Card holders have been issued new Season Cards for the 2021/22 season – these will be required at the turnstiles for entry.

Home match ticket holders have been issued print at home tickets. For speed of entry, supporters are advised to print their tickets as opposed to scanning them on their phones.

Supporters can reserve a table pre-match at the Independence Bar, formerly the Sports Bar, by booking here.

ROBINS TV

Saturday's match will be available on Robins TV only to international subscribers due to EFL regulations.

POST-MATCH REQUESTS FOR AUTOGRAPHS AND PHOTOGRAPHS

As we continue to work through the return of crowds safely for supporters, players and staff, we have introduced the following post-match measures to minimise the risk of spreading Covid-19.

Subject to suitable weather conditions, supporters can hand merchandise to stewards outside the Media Entrance off Ashton Road after the game and it will be placed on tables in a restricted area for the players to sign as they exit the stadium. The merchandise will then be handed back by stewards.

We would kindly ask that supporters do not request autographs inside the stadium, particularly around the tunnel area, while we would request socially-distanced only photographs.

GOING CASHLESS

Following the successful introduction of cashless outlets at the stadium towards the end of the 2019/20 season, we will be further extending the operation and going cashless across the stadium.

FOOD & DRINK

Inside the Ashton Gate Stadium concourses, food will be available for cashless purchase from all concessions.

INDEPENDENCE SPORTS BAR

We are now taking bookings for the new Independence Sports Bar.

We are proud to announce a fantastic new relationship with our neighbours at Bristol Beer factory and we have a range of their fantastic draught products for you to enjoy at Ashton Gate.

These brilliant new products can be found throughout the stadium and no more so than in our fabulously rebranded bar.

Alongside the great range of beers, at the Independence Bar you'll find a refreshed new décor and a great new grill bar menu.

The menu will have staple classics including burgers and ribs and will include seasonal changes giving you plenty of choice each time you visit the stadium.

As well as securing your table for a pre match meal, you will all also have the added benefit of returning to your table at half-time with the option to pre order your half-time refreshments.

Tables can be booked up to a maximum of 8 people and will require a £10 deposit per person to secure your table which will be deducted from your bill.

STORE

The Bristol Sport Store at Ashton Gate Stadium will be open from 9am-5pm.

The fitting rooms will be open in the Store, and will be wiped down after each use.

ROBINS FOUNDATION MATCHDAY DRAW

50/50 Match Day Draw Tickets will be on sale from 1pm – look out for our sellers based around the stadium.

Payment for tickets can be made by card or cash!
    Be in with a chance of winning up to £1000 during the half time interval at Bristol City's home match against Fulham.
    All tickets are £1.00 and you can  purchase a Red, White or Black Ticket - or all three if you are feeling lucky! 
    The proceeds of the Matchday Draw are split 50/50, with 50% of the net proceeds going to one lucky fan and the other 50% going to the Robins Foundation, where it is invested back into the local community.
    Every ticket purchased helps support the incredible community work carried out by City's official charity - Bristol City Robins Foundation.
    The winning ticket number will be announced at half time on the pitch and announced on our social media platforms, so be sure to keep an eye out to find out if you're the winner.

TRAVEL

The latest travel information is available to view here. Please keep checking local and public transport sites for full up to date information.

RUCKSACKS

Ashton Gate Stadium asks supporters not to bring large rucksacks on matchdays, following advice from the National Counter Terrorism Office and Avon and Somerset Police.

Fans will still be able to bring smaller handbags into the stadium, although these will be subject to the usual search process.

An Ashton Gate spokesman said: "The searching process will always be subject to change and whilst there is no specific threat to any Sports Ground, we must ensure that we remain vigilant and the message to spectators is to 'Be Alert not Alarmed'.

SAFETY AND SECURITY

As a reminder to Bristol City fans we would like to state that the use of smoke bombs, flares and pyrotechnics is strictly prohibited. Any of our supporters found in possession or setting off a pyrotechnic device (or such methods) will be subject of a minimum three year ban from Ashton Gate and any conviction at court will result in a football banning order for all grounds for three years.
If you see or hear any racist, homophobic or any other abuse around the stadium, please report it to our text line: 07770 736 047.

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/gate-guide-fulham/

WhiteJC

Marco Silva delivers Fabio Carvalho injury update ahead of Bristol City clash

Marco Silva has revealed that Fulham starlet Fabio Carvalho has suffered a setback in his recovery from a toe injury and will not feature this weekend against Bristol City.

The 19-year-old has been one of the early breakout stars of the Championship season so far, scoring three goals in his first five appearances in the league and has been playing in an important role in the 'number 10'.

But the England under-18 international, who was born in Portugal, hasn't been seen since the international break after picking up an injury against Hull City, which ended up being aggravated when playing against Stoke City in the following match.

Fulham fans who were hoping to see the talented teen back in the white shirt this weekend though are going to be disappointed.

Silva has stated that Carvalho has not recovered as quick as expected and it could be another week before he returns to action for the Cottagers.

"Fabio's started running on the pitch; but it's longer than I expected and wanted, to be honest," Silva revealed, per West London Sport.

"He took some steps back and we want to make sure he doesn't step back again. We hope next week he can start working with the team."

The Verdict

Fulham have been slightly erratic since players came back from the international break, losing to both Blackpool and Reading with a dominant victory at Birmingham sandwiched in-between.

They had a seemingly settled line-up before injuries started setting in to the likes of Kenny Tete and Carvalho, and even though he's inexperienced in the senior game the latter has been a big miss.

Carvalho provides the unpredictability that gets fans off their seats and his scoring record is fantastic for his experience level.

Silva won't want to rush him back, nor will he want to put a lot of expectation on the player's shoulders, but it's clear that they play a lot better with him in the team.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/marco-silva-delivers-fabio-carvalho-injury-update-ahead-of-bristol-city-clash/

WhiteJC

Fulham struck gold on Tosin Adarabioyo

While Fulham's transfer business in the past few years has been questionable at times, with the Cottagers shelling out £27m on Jean Michael Seri and £10.5m on Anthony Knockaert, there have also been a number of deals that have proven to be extremely smart moves by Tony Khan and his transfer team.

Arguably the most impressive of these deals was Fulham's £1.49m signing of Manchester City centre-back Tosin Adarabioyo, with the 23-year-old having already demonstrated that he is a player worth considerably more than the nominal fee the club paid for his services.

Khan struck gold

Indeed, following his move to west London back in 2020, the centre-back highly impressed over his 33 Premier League appearances in Fulham's 2020/21 campaign, helping his side keep nine clean sheets, as well as making an average of 1.3 interceptions, 1.1 tackles, 5.8 clearances and winning 4.1 duels per game,

These returns saw the former England U19 international earn a seasonal SofaScore match rating of 6.92, ranking him as Scott Parker's ninth-best performer in the top flight that season – a highly impressive feat for a defender when taking into account the club's relegation.

The £27k-per-week man has continued his upward trajectory over eight Championship appearances so far this term, helping the Cottagers keep two clean sheets, as well as making an average of 1.4 interceptions, one tackle, 3.8 clearances and winning four duels per fixture.

These metrics have seen the 23-year-old average a rather remarkable SofaScore match rating of 7.21, ranking the player Tony Mowbray dubbed an "exceptional" talent as Marco Silva's fifth-best player in the second tier.

As such, it will likely come as no surprise to Fulham fans that Adarabioyo is now valued by Transfermarkt at £10.8m, or why a number of Premier League sides were reported to be interested in the centre-back in the summer transfer window.

And, with the sky very much appearing to be the limit for the defender's potential, his value will only be heading in one direction in the years to come – with Tony Khan looking to have struck gold upon signing the youngster 12 months ago.

https://www.footballfancast.com/fulham-fc-news/fulham-ffc-the-cottagers-transfer-marco-silva-tosin-adarabioyo-the-championship

WhiteJC

Terence Kongolo progress report issued by Marco Silva as Fulham return looms

Fulham defender Terence Kongolo will step up his recovery from a knee injury by playing with the club's under-23 team before returning to first-team action, according to Marco Silva.

The Dutchman joined the Cottagers last October from Huddersfield Town but spent most of the campaign on the sidelines, making just one appearance in the Premier League against Wolves in April after recovering from a foot issue.

Kongolo would suffer another setback following that though as a knee injury suffered when colliding with Adama Traore would rule him out for at least three months, reports stated at the time.

It's been over five months now since Kongolo last kicked a football in anger, but the 27-year-old is now ready to get back on the pitch.

It won't be for the senior squad straight away though, as Silva has devised a plan to make sure that Kongolo's fitness is up to scratch in preparation for Championship football.

"It will take more time to be in best physical condition," Silva said of Kongolo, per The Athletic.

"We have good competition in that position. He will start to play some games with the under-23's, to see how he will react.

"He's working with the team, he's working hard. He's a quality player.

"It's about confidence, being in a better shape, and best physical condition. It was a tough injury to come back from. He needs time and games and minutes on the pitch to boost his confidence."

The Verdict

Fulham have a very good amount of depth at centre-back when all their players are fully fit, with no fewer than five top-class options to pick from.

Michael Hector has returned recently and now Kongolo will be a welcomed addition back into the fold when he is ready.

The Dutchman may need a few matches with the under-23's to get up to speed after such a long time out of action, but he has Premier League class on his day like he showed with Huddersfield.

It has been a struggle for Kongolo after struggling with many injuries recently, but a fully-fit version gives Silva a real selection headache at the back.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/terence-kongolo-progress-report-issued-as-fulham-return-looms/

WhiteJC

Fulham boss Silva says Christie is in his plans

Cyrus Christie is back in Fulham's plans, says boss Marco Silva.

Christie made his first appearance of the season, in the EFL Cup against Leeds on Tuesday, only three weeks after Silva insisted the defender had no future at Craven Cottage.

An injury to Kenny Tete means Silva is short of options and he called upon Christie this week.

Asked if Christie is now back in his plans, Silva said: "If he was not in my plans he would not have started the (Leeds) game.

"We finished the (transfer) market and I decided to put him in the squad because we also had the injury to Kenny Tete.

"Cyrus is working hard and showed me he deserved the shirt. That's football; it's unlucky for some, but it can be a shirt for others.

"One day your chance will come and you have to show your quality – and that goes for the others too."

Meanwhile, Fabio Carvalho is still recovering from injury and will miss Saturday's game against Bristol City.

https://www.westlondonsport.com/fulham/fulham-boss-silva-says-christie-is-in-his-plans

WhiteJC

Napoli ask Fulham for early Anguissa deal

Napoli will reportedly ask Fulham to sell Andre-Frank Zambo Anguissa early at a discount on the €15m price.

The 25-year-old was practically unknown when he arrived on loan on transfer deadline day, chosen because other options had fallen away.

The one-season loan cost just €400,000 with an option to buy at the end of the season for a further €15m.

Anguissa has made such an impact that fans are calling their love for him 'Zambomania.'

He is a regular in the starting XI under coach Luciano Spalletti and earned praise for bringing balance to the midfield.

According to Tuttomercatoweb, Napoli are ready to ask Fulham if they can activate their option to buy early, even though they have until June 2022 to make that move stick.

It is hoped that by anticipating the deal to make it a permanent transfer, the Serie A side can get a slight discount on the €15m cost of the operation.

https://football-italia.net/napoli-ask-fulham-for-early-anguissa-deal/

AJW48361

bog

Quote from: AJW48361 on September 24, 2021, 12:34:59 AM
Get Stuffed Napo.

I think you got your point across AJW48361! lol   :005:

Twig

Quote from: AJW48361 on September 24, 2021, 12:34:59 AM
Get Stuffed Napo.

Surely that depends on the size of the discount and the payment schedule? If the discount is modest and there is a significant up front payment then investment returns on that payment could justify doing a deal?

H4usuallysitting

Quote from: whitejc on September 24, 2021, 12:09:28 AM
The tube at risk of becoming 'unbearably hot' due to climate change

It's also not good news for Hackney, Hammersmith & Fulham, Islington, Brent, Tower Hamlets and Newham

Feeling hot, hot, hot? Well, that's climate change for you.

We don't take much pleasure being harbingers of doom, but here's the bad news. A new report from City Hall has revealed that the boroughs most likely to suffer from flooding and overheating due to the climate crisis are Hackney, Hammersmith and Fulham, Islington, Brent, Tower Hamlets and Newham. In addition to that, it's said the tube could also potentially become 'unbearably hot' for more than one month every year.

In a speech he's making today at the Barbican, London Mayor Sadiq Khan will launch a new campaign that seeks to raise awareness of the crisis as well as let everyone know more about the Ultra Low Emission Zone expansion and the upcoming climate conference the COP26. He'll basically explain that London is, essentially, screwed, but that we still might be able to turn things around...

According to Khan, climate change is one of the most serious issues currently faced by the world but he plans to make London a zero-carbon city by 2030. This comes after City Hall analysis which shows that one in five schools and almost half of London's hospitals are at risk of flooding. Blimey.

Is there any good news? Well, not really. In addition to those harrowing stats, it turns out that 200,000 homes and workplaces are at medium or high risk of surface water floods.

'We either take bold action now or face the consequences – with catastrophic impacts on our environment, the air we breathe and the climate,' says Khan. 'I'm determined for London to be a world leader in tackling the twin dangers of air pollution and the climate emergency so that we can deliver a brighter future for London – one that's greener, fairer and more prosperous for everyone.' Sounds like a plan, Sadiq.

https://www.timeout.com/london/news/the-tube-at-risk-of-becoming-unbearably-hot-due-to-climate-change-092321

My understanding is the bus fleet is still primarily diesel, and in my industry other licensing authorities are offering 0% interest free options to buy a plug in Taxi, TFL are not offering this...... TFL Buses have been retrofitted to meet Euro 6, but Taxi's have not been allowed this option as TFL have confirmed the retrofitting does not work.....just my experience

sunburywhite

So Sadiq Khan wont be going to Marrakech for a three day break any more?
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

Donnie Lonegan

I'm not interested in a player who's buggered off twice because he doesn't want to play in the championship. Get rid I say.