watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Got ticket for Swansea game, but probably won't go now

Started by Steeeeeeeeeed, September 28, 2021, 08:50:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steeeeeeeeeed

Haven't been to the Cottage for nearly 2 years now (Covid obvs) but I decided to get a ticket for the Swansea game a few weeks ago.

Just feels not quite right to go back to what is a big event with crowds and also having to travel on public transport with general covid cases still seem quite high.

I like to get the bus for part of my journey too, and thats another problem with the road hold ups from the petrol stations...(I have been hit quite badly by that in my local area this week, stuck in buses for 30 mins plus a few times).

Bit of a shame, but almost certain I will watch it on Sky Sports instead.

Anyone else having second thoughts about going to games recently ?

HV71

I am really hacked off as I'm also going to miss the game- haven't got enough petrol to get me there and back so cannot risk ut . Local petrol station doesn't think they will get a delivery until next week.

SP

Sorry to hear you may not be able to attend but your health must come first.  I've got the opposite problem, a job at work has gone wrong which may mean working ridiculously late & missing the game.

HV71

Totally understand your reticence Steeeeeeeeeed - I still think it pays to be careful . I'm still horrified that deaths are still often 100 plus ( though some will poo poo this ) . Better to stay safe . I've been to all the games at the Cottage butbI am able to drive up , park in Putney and walk - therefore haven't really felt too threatened. Stay safe - park yourself in front of the tv grab a drink - and enjoy the game. Hopefully you will feel up to returning very , very soon. Take care

Steeeeeeeeeed

Nice words HV71,

I agree about the figures being concerning, but also they are kind of vague...they just still seem generally rather high to me to be going about as though everything is back to normal.

Yeah, and it's the travelling thing really that has changed my mind, and I guess that because of the petrol thing the public transport will also likely be busier on board (as well as more delayed).

Yeah, cheers, I will make it there another time this season.

Logicalman

I totally agree with the comments here, it's a personal decision based on personal circumstances and beliefs.

For us, we are planning to fly over next month and will take in a couple of games, but as of this past week, although both fully vaxed, we are wearing masks if we have to go someplace as because if we do come in contact with an infected person, notwithstanding we are fully vaxed, it could still cause either of us to fail the pre-flight pcr test and then bang goes our vacation and a few quid besides. Therefore, it's not worth the risk.

Anyways, it's a personal decision and we do not need other people telling us how we should act in our own interests or belittling us for doing so.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

_Putney_

Wingnut

Coventry and QPR are my first two games of the season. Am a little anxious about travelling to games, and the possibility of picking it up in the airport, but I feel that it is the right time to start travelling to games again.
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.