From the Luton FC web site - disappointing

Started by Southcoastffc, May 03, 2022, 05:47:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

john dempsey

YOUTUBE Michel Nijenes upload Fulham fc pitch invasion 2-5-2022
young female Fulham supporter giving a couple of right handers to a
female steward @ 3 mins..

Huxley

Not excusing the young lady throwing punches, but the boat had sailed. The steward identified someone smaller than her that she could man handle and tried to detain/prevent her from entering the field, after a few hundred people had done the same thing. She was doing her job and is no doubt a supervisor (or at least paid more than the minimum wage) who had to do her job whereas where just holding out their hands. In the heat of the moment I would be pissed too that someone is preventing me from doing what everyone else is doing. Think the punches are more an instinct rather than anything malicious. Ultimately she should not have hit her and should face charges of minor assault. A few years back at another mass pitch invasion, i watched a youtube video which showed a steward (older male) grab a 14 or so year old kid and throw him to the ground with excessive force. if he had been a sole pitch invader,  fine, fairly standard level of force applied. But again the ship had sailed. It served no purpose to stop 1 person, and I presume he had to show he was doing teh job he was paid for (more than just min wage). I emailed the club with the link but never heard back.