watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Results

Started by Thames Bank 1, September 26, 2021, 12:58:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thames Bank 1

Can't believe how people are reacting to recent results, this is a weird league, and we are playing good football, and doing better at this stage than under Slavisa or Parker. Just enjoy the ride

FFC1987

4 points from Birmingham, Bristol, Blackpool and Reading. What a ride people!!!!!! Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! I'm having so much fun with 4 points!!!!

Thames Bank 1

Better than none, and when are you people going to realise there are no easy games in this league.

Motspur Park

Quote from: Thames Bank 1 on September 26, 2021, 02:05:41 AM
Better than none, and when are you people going to realise there are no easy games in this league.
You will always get vociferous reactionary people voicing opinions when we don't win every game. Those same people will also have been having a pop at Parker for the boring football we played. Truth is I didn't believe Parker got the best out of the squad but Silva's football is so much better to watch. We do need to be more clinical and if we win a few games on the trot, the confidence will come and we will be the team we think we are.

rebel

Quote from: Thames Bank 1 on September 26, 2021, 12:58:38 AM
Can't believe how people are reacting to recent results, this is a weird league, and we are playing good football, and doing better at this stage than under Slavisa or Parker. Just enjoy the ride

It isn't an over reaction, we arguable have the best squad in the Championship, look at the sides we have lost too.
Losing to those teams isn't acceptable, the drawn matches aren't acceptable.

Sir Alec of good Stock

I much preferred watching Fulham before the money arrived at the club when a victory was something to be savoured rather than expected.

Lighthouse

It just becomes frustrating that sport is a computer game to many fans now. Look we beat the team above us. How can we possibly lose to a team below us? Look our squad is the best on paper and yet we lose to the worst squad. How can that be?

Top scorers miss open goals, keepers make mistakes, referees miss obvious offsides. Life and sport isn't a computer game. Yes we react to bad play or missed opportunity. But the results game is ever changing. Frustrating maybe but to start making conclusions this early and claim some sort of divine right to win everything. Well prepare to be constantly let down by life and sport.

If it was all a computer game we wouldn't enjoy it and be frustrated by it. Live without expectations and enjoy the beauty in the breakdown.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

HV71

I am so with you Lighthouse on this - instant success - instant solutions  it's like a disease I blame Smash and pot noodles

bog

I saw the the highlights of Bournemouth v Luton and the Hatters were all over the home side for the last 20mins. No game in this league is an easy one....especially if you don't take your chances.  :doh: 

092.gif     

Jim©

You could conceivably argue that 12 points from those games would have been fair from the chances we had. Walking away from ground yesterday and v reading, opposition fans were very happy to not have been beaten.

filham

To have only taken four points From those mid table teams is not promotion form and more worrying is that we are struggling to score more than a single goal in most games.
Yesterday Bristol were throwing men forward and leaving space at the back which we were able to take advantage of but time and again we created chances but failed to score. Bristol were playing into our hands , just what we wanted and to finish the game with just that solitary goal is not good enough.
Swansea will now come to the Cottage and park the bus and we will find it hard to create chances. We could be facing a goalless night.

rebel

Quote from: Lighthouse on September 26, 2021, 08:43:55 AM
It just becomes frustrating that sport is a computer game to many fans now. Look we beat the team above us. How can we possibly lose to a team below us? Look our squad is the best on paper and yet we lose to the worst squad. How can that be?

Top scorers miss open goals, keepers make mistakes, referees miss obvious offsides. Life and sport isn't a computer game. Yes we react to bad play or missed opportunity. But the results game is ever changing. Frustrating maybe but to start making conclusions this early and claim some sort of divine right to win everything. Well prepare to be constantly let down by life and sport.

If it was all a computer game we wouldn't enjoy it and be frustrated by it. Live without expectations and enjoy the beauty in the breakdown.

If I place your comments next to Silva's comments post match, Silva's comments make sense, he says it as it is. 

rebel

Quote from: Jim© on September 26, 2021, 10:09:49 AM
You could conceivably argue that 12 points from those games would have been fair from the chances we had. Walking away from ground yesterday and v reading, opposition fans were very happy to not have been beaten.

Agree 100%.

rebel

Quote from: filham on September 26, 2021, 10:27:54 AM
To have only taken four points From those mid table teams is not promotion form and more worrying is that we are struggling to score more than a single goal in most games.
Yesterday Bristol were throwing men forward and leaving space at the back which we were able to take advantage of but time and again we created chances but failed to score. Bristol were playing into our hands , just what we wanted and to finish the game with just that solitary goal is not good enough.
Swansea will now come to the Cottage and park the bus and we will find it hard to create chances. We could be facing a goalless night.

Agree 100%.

WindyCity

Quote from: rebel on September 26, 2021, 08:03:45 AM
It isn't an over reaction, we arguable have the best squad in the Championship

Table says otherwise.

WindyCity

Results are all that matters in this league or in any professional sport league.  Simple as that.  In my world, a "beautiful" game is one that results in three points. 

Logicalman

Quote from: Sir Alec of good Stock on September 26, 2021, 08:24:08 AM
I much preferred watching Fulham before the money arrived at the club when a victory was something to be savoured rather than expected.

Cannot disagree, in essence that's pre-premiersip.
Unfortunately that period also included the time when Fulham FC were faced with being no more, so it's a bitter-sweet memory for me, tbh.

Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

rebel

Quote from: WindyCity on September 26, 2021, 04:33:38 PM

Table says otherwise.

I think we are on the same page, if you are saying we should be doing better.

Woolly Mammoth

I do not expect that Fulham only need to turn up to win, because the opponents will roll over and have their tummies tickled.
Fulham have to earn it and we are not firing on all cylinders. Plenty of matches and plenty of time to polish up our inconsistencies.
But if we can only so far win Five out of Nine matches, then we have nothing to shout about yet.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

WindyCity

Quote from: rebel on September 26, 2021, 06:17:14 PM
Quote from: WindyCity on September 26, 2021, 04:33:38 PM
Table says otherwise.
I think we are on the same page, if you are saying we should be doing better.

Yup, on same page, we should be doing much better, and I for one was not on the Happy Talk Train after the first five games either.  Still early days, time to get sorted, but so far very frustrating results.......