watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Parker

Started by ex-Pat, September 26, 2021, 02:02:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Statto

I think anyone claiming at this stage that we're not going to finish in the top 2 is essentially doing the same thing some other posters were doing a few weeks ago when they said we were going to romp the league without a single defeat. Both statements are equally naive, premature, reactionary and silly.

Somerset Fulham

Quote from: Statto on September 26, 2021, 08:07:04 PM
I think anyone claiming at this stage that we're not going to finish in the top 2 is essentially doing the same thing some other posters were doing a few weeks ago when they said we were going to romp the league without a single defeat. Both statements are equally naive, premature, reactionary and silly.

100%, I just said similar on a different thread.

Also, Ex Pat loves a bit of 'controversy', so lets also not forget that. 

HV71

Quote from: Twig on September 26, 2021, 08:04:04 PM
Parker's gone and the majority of us were happy with that. Last season was a horror show and even our promotion season rarely set the pulses racing. Silva's start has been a bit patchy but I doubt many on here would want Parker back again. I honestly think it's overdue time to forget him and move on.

I really do agree with all of this post . However, no matter how much I try to be both reasonable and rational - I can't help but look at Bournemouth's scores ( a team I used
to admire ) and wish them no good. As for Parker., who I wanted to succeed,- when I see him for example on FF Saturday lunchtime I just wanted to push a custard pie in his face. It's not grown up , or clever but somehow I can't help it

Fulham 442

Quote from: HV71 on September 26, 2021, 08:29:26 PM
Parker's gone and the majority of us were happy with that. Last season was a horror show and even our promotion season rarely set the pulses racing. Silva's start has been a bit patchy but I doubt many on here would want Parker back again. I honestly think it's overdue time to forget him and move on.

I really do agree with all of this post . However, no matter how much I try to be both reasonable and rational - I can't help but look at Bournemouth's scores ( a team I used
to admire ) and wish them no good. As for Parker., who I wanted to succeed,- when I see him for example on FF Saturday lunchtime I just wanted to push a custard pie in his face. It's not grown up , or clever but somehow I can't help it

You're not alone HV71, I feel exactly the same..

FFC1987

Quote from: Statto on September 26, 2021, 08:07:04 PM

We'll soon see I guess. Clearly people like myself aren't suggesting it can't happen, I just don't think it will based on how we're doing, and how well teams who are equally as equipped are doing.

Fernhurst

Quote from: HV71 on September 26, 2021, 08:29:26 PM

Sorry all, but just can't help but agree with HV71...... Custard pie - splat.

Thirty eight comments in the local paper discussing how the Cherries have now mastered the dark arts, culminating in a fierce condemnation of the Luton Manager as the dark arts has now spread to the Cherries limited support. Apparently he was pleading for the ball back from the crowd adjacent to the dug out but a 10 year on instructions from his Dad kept the ball interminably until a replacement was found.
Did any of our support get lessons in time wasting during The Parker regime?
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

Woolly Mammoth

Early days yet. Bournemouth & Boscombe may be sitting at the top for the moment. But it would be interesting to see where we all are after another 8 games of football, and then another 8 games after that.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

perry geyton

Bournemouth will go downhill as the season progresses as the Parker rot starts setting in

bobbo

He may well be putting 2 fingers up at those who made adverse comments on here . I'm happy with what we have right now.
1975 just leaving home full of hope

HV71

It would only ever be one finger Bobbo he is far too cautious to commit two up front !

bobbo

Quote from: HV71 on September 27, 2021, 12:48:33 PM
It would only ever be one finger Bobbo he is far too cautious to commit two up front !
😂😂😂
1975 just leaving home full of hope

MartyFFC

They had 11 men behind the ball for more than 45 minutes against Luton, and were clinging on for dear life. Let's not forget they finished 4th last season and have one of the strongest squads in the league so they were always going to go fairly well. However I would rather have both kidneys removed than endure another single minute of Parker Ball

bobby01

My view for what it's worth, (probably nothing), is that when he starts to lose view his true style will return.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

..FOF..

Parker will win the Manager of the Month...

.... then that will be our chance to regain the top spot again.

LittleErn

Quote from: Sting of the North on September 26, 2021, 02:15:25 PM
I don't think he is, because I believe that he is a man of at least almost average intelligence (don't mean to insult him, he may very well be fairly intelligent for all I know) and thus he is able to understand that the season has only just started.

intelligent? Maybe. Upbeat/motivating? rarely. Articulate? Never.

That's it now. No more Parker.

blingo

Quote from: HV71 on September 27, 2021, 12:48:33 PM

Made me chuckle HV. Bournemouth wont finish in the top six. ASA they have one defeat they will implode and Parker will instruct them to play Parkerball.

Dunstable Fulham

They are a major competitor for automatic promotion, they have a good squad and a management team that know the championship and have had success at this level. I fully expect them to be pushing for automatic promotion come the end of the season.

We have to focus on ourselves- we have a strong squad but we seem to be finding ways to drop points at the moment- we need to sort this out and quickly. I think we will. Let's see where we are come the end of October. On paper we have a tough month...

fulhamfever

LOL now init SP can't even put a goal past a team that has the worst defensive record in the league