watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

mitro first goal

Started by bobbo, September 30, 2021, 12:44:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobbo

I just had a very close look and it was almost certainly offside , difficult to be certain,

the old cliche " it evens out over the season"  just thinking about bristols way offside goal last week.
1975 just leaving home full of hope

MartyFFC

Not sure I agree, given Mitro's goal in all probability makes no difference to the outcome. The goal at Bristol City however cost us 2 points

MikeTheCubed

Mitro was marginally offside, whereas the Bristol goal was very clearly offside and in failing to spot constituted a blunder by the linesman.

MickyAdamsFamily

The other most obvious difference is the one you said yourself: Bristol's goal was blatantly, clearly, and undoubtedly offsides (3 Bristol players, including the goal scorer were a full meter or more offside), whereas even after very careful review of playback you can't be certain Mitro's first goal actually was.

F(f)CUK

Is anyone missing VAR? I would prefer a few bad decisions personally.

Finnans Right Peg

We also could have had a peno when it was nil all  so without var we gwe were about even

General

Honestly I think none of us know. The angle suggests he may be slightly off, but when the angle shows the goal from the side it looks actually quite marginal and if you're giving the attacker the benefit then he could be considered onside.. just.

Don't think it was as close cut as I initially thought.

Tbh I get confused about the constant rule changes that happen with this stuff and VAR etc - VAR has changed since last season to be more relaxed.. I miss the good old days.

Reality though is that there is only one person who can influence the decision in the championship and that's the lino, who should be best qualified and positioned to decide and who decided in our favour.

Radiowhite

Quote from: MartyFFC on September 30, 2021, 12:51:15 PM
Not sure I agree, given Mitro's goal in all probability makes no difference to the outcome. The goal at Bristol City however cost us 2 points
I disagree, the first goal is so important. If we had scored one of our many early chances against reading the game would have been drastically different.

Lighthouse

If VAR was around they drew a line then Mitro and his leg may have been offside. Against Bristol City. Two players and possibly more were offside to the naked eye as they were standing bright behind the last defenders.

Last night needed VAR to spot it. The Bristol City game needed a child of 3 who knew the offside law.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

bobbo

I see what you all say . but it doesnt matter whether its the first goal the last goal , a little bit off or a big bit off . the point im making is it evens itself out over time.
it the poor decision im pointing out not the outcome nessesarily.

f bloke

Have never felt the offside line has been right - do think the attacking team should be favoured  - arms should be taken out of the equation and you are onside if any part of the rest of the body is onside - with VAR, if a toe nail or a big butt is onside, you are onside.  Essentially there has to be clear daylight for the rule to apply. Or am I missing something?

grandad

I think the original law said there had to be clear daylight for it to be called offside.
Where there's a will there's a wife

MickyAdamsFamily

I agree with Lighthouse on this one...

toshes mate

Mitro had his back to goal.  His standing foot was clearly onside with his trailing foot in the air and marginally in front.  VAR would have been interesting but as inconclusive as it mostly is.  The assistant didn't see him as offside and we have to take it in the Championship whatever the decision is.   It is a legal goal recorded as such and no amount of discussion changes that.

Peabody

I think that the Swansea goal was also offside if Mitro was offside

sunburywhite

What about the penalty we never got before that when Wilson was cleaned out
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

Bill2

Quote from: sunburywhite on September 30, 2021, 03:56:49 PM
This was a much more obvious decision over the offside, as to how the ref missed it is beyond me, clear penalty he was never going to get the ball, he leaned into the back of Wilson then tangled his legs up to doubly make sure. Again the ref was poor yesterday, missed or didn't give number of fouls to us where a Swansea player just had to fall over for him to blow up.

bobbo

Quote from: sunburywhite on September 30, 2021, 03:56:49 PM
yep that too it was a clear cut pen . Right in front of me .

perry geyton

Quote from: bobbo on September 30, 2021, 12:44:25 PM
I just had a very close look and it was almost certainly offside , difficult to be certain,

the old cliche " it evens out over the season"  just thinking about bristols way offside goal last week.
Exactly give and take
I'll take it all day long over VAR

Fulham 442

It was definitely offside as far as I could see.  Certainly don't think these things "even themselves up over the season though" which seems a favoured cliche and despite being glad to not have VAR slowing the game down to the extend that a player's eyelash being offside means no goal is given the equaliser against Bristol City still hurts as it was so way off, and of course, cost us two points.  Conversely you could argue that we needed that second goal, thankfully with Silva we are always going for it!