Main Menu

NFR - Best James Bond?

Started by rebel, September 28, 2021, 09:29:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

St Eve

rebel

Art Vandelay

No votes for Bob Holness?

For me Connery all day long. I watched a documentary about him the other day which was fascinating as he discussed his career including his role of Bond. He was signed up to a long contract as a relative unknown so was getting paid peanuts even though the films were making a fortune so he got very bitter about it.

MartyFFC

The way the world is going I fully expect the new Bond to be gender-fluid

cmg

Quote from: MartyFFC on September 28, 2021, 06:22:20 PM
The way the world is going I fully expect the new Bond to be gender-fluid

...that would seem to be quite suitable...

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on September 28, 2021, 03:16:15 PM
... charisma oozing from every orifice...

Andy S

I don't really have a favourite they have all brought something different to the table

Steeeeeeeeeed

rebel

Most countries have their own secret agent hero.

St. Andrews White

Definitely Brosnan for me. Goldeneye massively underrated and one of the best Bond films ever done for me

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

The Intertoto might not exist anymore, but that doesn't matter. We'll still win it again.

Somerset Fulham

It's Daniel Craig all day long, and I never thought that anybody would ever come close to Moore or Connery.

Motspur Park

NewYorkYank

Any discussion really has to be about who is No. 2 after Connery.  For those of us old enough to remember Dr. No in the theatres, he defined the part.  My No. 2 is Brosnan, to me a much more versatile actor than Craig (If you want dark, see Tailor of Panama).  Brosnan suffered from scripts that had yet to abandon the tongue-in-cheek Roger Moore era but had yet to embrace the harder Craig character.  Had he had Craig's scripts, he would have killed it.

filham

After last night my money is on Mitrovic for the next Bond.

Jem

Connery, Craig then Brosnan for me. I thought Lazenby was unlucky to go second and wasn't that bad but had one of the best lines with "this never happened to the other guy". Dalton the worst for me.
"When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, 'Damn, that was fun'."
― Groucho Marx