watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Team For Tomorrow

Started by filham, October 01, 2021, 10:59:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly Mammoth

So many different permutations, but the encouraging thing is that we are spoilt for choice.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

RoyTund

We do have a lot of players picking up injuries

Woolly Mammoth

That is part of playing the game and a natural hinderance, however we have cover and strength in depth that some teams only dream of.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

LC

Presuming both our left backs are out, I would go with this:

Gazzaniga

Odoi Tosin Mawson Ream

Reed Seri

Wilson BDR Kebano

Mitrovic

Pluto

Is Chalobah expected to be out? The middle of the park is where we look thin at the moment. I would like to push Seri further forward if possible.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on October 01, 2021, 07:40:23 PM
That is part of playing the game and a natural hinderance, however we have cover and strength in depth that some teams only dream of.

True, we have strength in depth so we have "the ability to rotate" to keep players fresh and/or to rotate to overcome injuries, but either way while "the benefits of rotating" are huge "the cost of rotation" is team cohesion and chemistry needs to be minimised.

In this next game we are forced to rotate with a very small gap between games for the new XI to work on cohesion, so changes need to be minimised.

Mawson replacing Ream is a good long term move, but a poor short term one, so all ourl focus should be minimising changes until we get to the international break. Three points ugly is what we need now.

Skatzoffc

Cavalero should not start ahead of BDR ever imo.
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

WolverineFFC

Quote from: Jurassic Parker on October 01, 2021, 01:34:00 PM
Quote from: Brawn on October 01, 2021, 01:26:24 PM
Quote from: Marcel_Gecov on October 01, 2021, 01:21:28 PM
Quote from: Brawn on October 01, 2021, 01:11:28 PM
Rodak

Christie
Adarabioyo
Mawson
Ream

Seri
Reed

Wilson
Onomah
Kebano

Mitrovic

Why would you drop Odoi? Probably one of our best 3 players vs swansea

Really? I thought he was fairly naff from the Hammy End and he was responsible for their goal?

You mean the goal that came from Tosin deciding he's a midfielder?

Yeah, I am often critical of Odoi's defending, but that one was on Tosin. If he is going to go wandering that far in midfield he needs to either take the ball or take the man. He can't let him turn like he did.

Thought it was one of Odoi's better matches.

LC

Once we have a fully fit squad it would surprise me to see Fabio Cav play on the left and we field a three man midfield

Radiowhite

Don't understand how anyone can think ream can play left back. He's slow enough as a centre back, and we can cope with it in this league, but he will get ripped apart by anyone with any pace at left back. If either of our left backs are injured it has to be odoi or Reid in a five at the back at left back/left wing back. Not to mention that mawson is a better cb option that ream anyway.