watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Why change a winning team

Started by Ss12white, October 02, 2021, 02:13:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ss12white

I don't understand, we go out and dominate mid week against Swansea.
All the same players are available, but we drop 3 key players to the bench.
What happen to consistency and momentum?
Very disappointing to watch the way we played today.

Fulham Tup North

Quote from: Ss12white on October 02, 2021, 02:13:49 PM
I don't understand, we go out and dominate mid week against Swansea.
All the same players are available, but we drop 3 key players to the bench.
What happen to consistency and momentum?
Very disappointing to watch the way we played today.
Especially as there is now an international break... so plenty of time to recover...
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

cookieg

I could understand rotating against a bottom 3 side but a top 6 team.

Dodgin

Interested to hear Marco's reasons for the changes..

ron

Perhaps he doesn't have any, apart from a vague idea of squad rotation.

Ruislip White

Really poor selection.  Seri had an immediate impact, but it was too late by then.  Josh Onomah is usually a passenger at best, but his inclusion over Seri  today cost us badly.  Completely non existent midfield.

Whitestone

Pluto

Seri has to start every game if he's fit to do so. Mawson in for Tosin at RCB didn't work. He needs to play instead of Ream or not at all. Bryan shouldn't have been dropped for Robinson who was poor again.

Seen enough of Gazza now. Time for Rodak.

ChesterTheTabby

Quote from: Pluto on October 02, 2021, 02:33:09 PM
Seri has to start every game if he's fit to do so. Mawson in for Tosin at RCB didn't work. He needs to play instead of Ream or not at all. Bryan shouldn't have been dropped for Robinson who was poor again.

Correct.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

Nick Bateman

I agree. One does not change a winning team and as Whitestone stated, dropping Seri for the hesitant Josh Onomah was a bad call. Also why Tosin replaced for Alfie Mawson who never seems to read the danger?

Gazzanigga had his worst game and his errant pass to Ream got them back in the match. It was completely unnecessary from Gazza, he seemed obsessed with playing short balls out which brought Coventry onto Fulham and not allow us to compress the game in their half. He even dived the wrong way on a softly hit penalty.

That said, once again Fulham have a rotten referee who awarded that ridiculous penalty for no contact. The Championship used to be a tougher league than the EPL, but since they made changes to their style of reffing the Championship is still rewarding divers and cheats. And Fulham seem to get the brunt of it.
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

filham

We need to get a settled midfield, it has been difficult because of injury but with Cairney injured Seri has to be the first name on the team sheet.

perry geyton

Quote from: Pluto on October 02, 2021, 02:33:09 PM

Yes
Yes
Not so sure
Yes
Yes

New Kid on the Block

The more I see Robinson play poorly and make bad decisions, the more frustrated and puzzled I am as to why he keeps getting the nod over Joe. Joe played well on Wednesday, in every area that Robbo is poor. But again, he started today over Joe. Today was his worst game this season and if he starts ahead of Joe in the next game, I may as well give up all hope.

Rodak must be given a chance now, after the performance of Gazza today.

Arthur

Following our loss at Blackpool, Silva was criticised (by different forum members, of course) for not making changes to the team that had cruised past Stoke in the previous fixture. As a manager, when you lose, there's always something that could have been done differently - but this doesn't necessarily mean that the outcome of today's game would have been different.

Today, he brought in Mawson, who, recently, has looked every bit as good as both Tosin and Ream, and returned Robinson to the line up after injury - which is commonplace for any manager to do when a regular starter recovers from a minor knock.

Only Onomah's inclusion in place of Seri seemed a risk to me. But that, to my mind, was because of the choices available to Silva. Give Silva a better player than the inconsistent Onomah and it would have looked like a sensible step. How can any of us know whether Seri was ready to play at the top of his game having played twice in the previous seven days? If Silva had picked Seri and we'd have lost, I am sure there would have been a different set of forum members complaining that our manager should be making better use of our having (supposedly) the strongest squad in the division.

LittleErn

Quote from: Arthur on October 02, 2021, 03:35:34 PM
Following our loss at Blackpool, Silva was criticised (by different forum members, of course) for not making changes to the team that had cruised past Stoke in the previous fixture. As a manager, when you lose, there's always something that could have been done differently - but this doesn't necessarily mean that the outcome of today's game would have been different.

Today, he brought in Mawson, who, recently, has looked every bit as good as both Tosin and Ream, and returned Robinson to the line up after injury - which is commonplace for any manager to do when a regular starter recovers from a minor knock.

Only Onomah's inclusion in place of Seri seemed a risk to me. But that, to my mind, was because of the choices available to Silva. Give Silva a better player than the inconsistent Onomah and it would have looked like a sensible step. How can any of us know whether Seri was ready to play at the top of his game having played twice in the previous seven days? If Silva had picked Seri and we'd have lost, I am sure there would have been a different set of forum members complaining that our manager should be making better use of our having (supposedly) the strongest squad in the division.

Don't let the truth get in the way of a good rant! You're far too sensible.

perry geyton

Quote from: New Kid on the Block on October 02, 2021, 02:51:58 PM
The more I see Robinson play poorly and make bad decisions, the more frustrated and puzzled I am as to why he keeps getting the nod over Joe. Joe played well on Wednesday, in every area that Robbo is poor. But again, he started today over Joe. Today was his worst game this season and if he starts ahead of Joe in the next game, I may as well give up all hope.

Rodak must be given a chance now, after the performance of Gazza today.

Sensible post
Robinson he huffs and puffs but he still can't blow the house down

Rodak & Bryan have to start the next game, maybe this loss will wake Silva up to the fact