News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

That was more than just “a bad day at the office”.

Started by Luka, October 02, 2021, 02:22:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Luka

Absolutely everything about our game today was poor.
I'm struggling to find one positive in what was an awful display of football.
Not one player looked "at it" and I wouldn't give more than a 4/10 to anyone.
For a side with aspirations of automatic promotion that's a big worry.
Silva looked bereft of ideas on how to get traction in the game.
This international break is a big challenge for the manager now.

Baszab

Don't agree

Pathetic kick out by Gazzaniga and then the penalty completely turned it

We were playing fine up to HT

I'm afraid Onomah not worth his place and time to drop the goalie

Balham Boy

Although we have a quality squad, I think Carvalho & Tete are key pieces of the jigsaw......

Fulham Tup North

Quote from: Luka on October 02, 2021, 02:22:51 PM
The last international break stopped our good start... hopefully this one will stop our implosion....
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

Slaphead in Qatar

We didn't play well in the first half. If Coventry had the final pass they would have scored a few in the first half as well.

WolverineFFC

Quote from: Luka on October 02, 2021, 02:22:51 PM

You are correct. If you take a big picture look at this type of performance, it fits in with others in the past. Most recently the Blackpool performance. This predates Silva. There are too many players at the club apt to mental complacency. Talented players, but as a group they lack a mental kind of steel required of champions and fighting out of relegation scraps.

Instead of pointing out the players that I feel are not up to the fight, I will simply say that Tim Ream, Mawson, BDR, and Harrison Reed are the only players at the club I think are capable of putting in the level of consistency needed. There are others like AR and Tosin who have shown the potential. You can have a handful in a squad without this, but not the majority of a club's 18.

WindyCity

WolverineFFC

Quote from: Baszab on October 02, 2021, 02:27:32 PM
Don't agree

Pathetic kick out by Gazzaniga and then the penalty completely turned it

I'm afraid Onomah not worth his place and time to drop the goalie

I feel bad for Ream. Looks like he was responsible, but his goalkeeper hangs him out to dry with a poor pass. He somehow recovers from this only to have his teammate tackle him. Then the TV cameras and commentator focus on him when he had almost nothing to do with what happened.

filham

Quote from: WindyCity on October 02, 2021, 02:38:21 PM

Uhhh.....No we weren't......
The writing was on the wall at half time, Agree with the OP , it is impossible to find a positive, Our defense was all at sea and no Fulham player scored in the 94 minutes of play. Also it is hard to suggest changes that will put us in a good starting position for our next match.

Woolly Mammoth

The ridiculous penalty decision caused us to lose our concentration and obviously played a big part in changing the game. Coventry grew in stature and we shrank pathetically which is a sign of a soft underbelly, not enough grit enough of the time.
I am not sure it makes much sense looking for scapegoats, the whole team and the manager have to take the blame for the performance and application. I realise that some players played better than others. But they must lose together as well as win together.
Plenty of time for Silve to chew over the fat, but it is another clear example of Fulham nowhere near being the finished article.
Got to react by bouncing back with hard work, determination and a lot more desire.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Donnie Lonegan

Reem, Mawson, and Odoi, everything that's been wrong with our defence for the last two years, and now we're back with all three.

JimOG

+1 we were lethargic, they were uncertain at first but our sloppy passing gave them confidence & chances. Unless Tete, Fabio stay fit and Chalobah gets up to speed very soon we'll be well removed from the automatics (& then I think how few of our squad are anywhere near Prem standard and wonder if promotion is desirable from a supporter's point of view)

WindyCity

Quote from: JimOG on October 02, 2021, 03:01:29 PM
+1 we were lethargic, they were uncertain at first but our sloppy passing gave them confidence & chances. Unless Tete, Fabio stay fit and Chalobah gets up to speed very soon we'll be well removed from the automatics (& then I think how few of our squad are anywhere near Prem standard and wonder if promotion is desirable from a supporter's point of view)

Yeah, I wasn't happy with the first half either.  Looked vulnerable.  Very happy/lucky/fortunate to have had the lead at HT.  But the hand writing on the wall had already been cast.........

cookieg

Well if its going to go titsup best to get out the way in one game.