News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Silva disrespected Coventry, championship and FFC fans today ...

Started by howitis, October 02, 2021, 07:58:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

howitis

Sorry but Coventry had won every single home game today. It was the final game before a 2 week international break. We have had a wobbly 2 weeks to say the very least.
You go into this game playing your very strongest team with an aggressive front forward attitude.
The changes were hapless and the writing was on the wall in the first half.
That team should never have come out in the 2nd half.
Onomah - truly awful
Bobby Reid - been off the pace for weeks
How an earth do you "rest" Seri and Tosin against a team with multiple wins at home
Wilson now 2 games have drifted him by - totally ineffective
Kebano clearly shattered from Tuesday exertions ...
Our GK is useless and needs to be dropped immediately. He shows no sign of urgency or leadership at the back. He is painfully indecisive.
The penalty decision was wrong but the writing was already on.the wall and they fully deserved their win.
I do not miss Parker and I'm pleased to give Silva the opportunity but after Blackpool, reading and Bristol I was really hoping for something different.
No more excuses Silva ....

perry geyton

Tru on everything
I dunno what Rodak has too do to get a game
It's beyond me, that pass to Ream was next level

Dunstable Fulham

Good post. The only thing I disagree with is the no more excuses comment. I don't think Silva has offered any.... The next set of games between the international break will tell us a lot about Silva.
In my view:
Bring in Rodak.
Bring back Tosin.
Drop Ream for Mawson.
Bring back Seri.
Try BDR on the left- Move Kabano over to the right and put Wilson into 10 role. When Carvalho is fit drop the weakest of the three and adjust accordingly.
Teti comes back in as soon as fit.
Play Joe Bryan at left back and consider moving Robinson into advanced left position- I would seriously consider this particularly with away games where we are under pressure.

Whitestone

It would be wonderful to see a post from 'howitis' after a win. Correct me if I'm wrong but the OP only ever seems to post negative stuff.

Dunstable Fulham

Quote from: Whitestone on October 02, 2021, 08:46:53 PM
It would be wonderful to see a post from 'howitis' after a win. Correct me if I'm wrong but the OP only ever seems to post negative stuff.

Howitis - can you do that please - you can point out the negatives on what otherwise is a good day !

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Dunstable Fulham on October 02, 2021, 08:34:27 PM
Good post. The only thing I disagree with is the no more excuses comment. I don't think Silva has offered any.... The next set of games between the international break will tell us a lot about Silva.
In my view:
Bring in Rodak.
Bring back Tosin.
Drop Ream for Mawson.
Bring back Seri.
Try BDR on the left- Move Kabano over to the right and put Wilson into 10 role. When Carvalho is fit drop the weakest of the three and adjust accordingly.
Play Joe Bryan at left back and consider moving Robinson into advanced left position- I would seriously consider this particularly with away games where we are under pressure.

I cannot disagree with any of your suggestions.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

filham

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on October 02, 2021, 09:33:38 PM
In my view:
Bring in Rodak.
Bring back Tosin.
Drop Ream for Mawson.
Bring back Seri.

I cannot disagree with any of your suggestions.
I agree with all of those suggestions and it does perhaps give us some hope for the next match.

MartyFFC

If you take out Gazzaniga, Odoi, Ream, Onomah and BDR and replace them with Rodak, Tete, Tosin, Seri and Carvalho then we're a far, far better side. The fact that only Carvalho and Tete are injured, does lead me to question Silva's team selection

howitis

Quote from: Whitestone on October 02, 2021, 08:46:53 PM

Fair point. I have however avoided comment on some of the recent poor performances as I realised that the championship is unforgiving and you can't win them all.
This however was beyond excuse. As a fan who travels and has six season tickets, I am entitled to have an opinion. Having said allof that your right 😀

Arthur

I disagree wholeheartedly with the assertion made by the title of this thread.

Matt10

We learned that a certain combo of players just does not work. As a manager, you either get more sample size and risk this kind of performance again, or you go back to what works. We have the luxury to analyze after the fact, but Silva's team should acknowledge our weakest areas that are crucial to both our attack and defence. That is our wingbacks. Odoi can't close down the player with the ball and Robinson can't cross or even pass inside with his right foot. I'm just not sure how much longer we can sacrifice technical ability for the sake of speed via Robinson. Odoi is a liability for his brain-fleeting moments alone, and I've had enough. It's time to move on from those two.

In terms of Wilson, we need to get him on the ball more. I don't think the RW spot is where he needs to be stuck the entire time. Some of our very late attacks came from Wilson and Seri playing through the middle. This is the way forward, and would allow BDR to play the right side - and I'd hope Christie's crossing would be seen as a threat considering he was fairly exceptional for Forest last year.

Other than that, Onomah's caught the too-cool-for-school bug that Zambo authored, and it was evident in the way he just stopped dead in his tracks after running into Ream. For the Gazza talk, yeah why not, bring Rodak on. I think Gazz gives up too easily anyways.

Beamer

Ream for all his good work puts us in trouble every week, how long can it go on.

One Martin Thomas

I would like to understand how Hector was our saviour going up last time and was clearly an upgrade and our defence last time .... Why he can't get near the first team ?! Has he really gone off the boil that much ??

One Martin Thomas

In my view:
Bring in Rodak.
Bring back Tosin.
Drop Ream for Mawson.
Bring back Seri.

For me it would be Hector and Toisin

colinwhite

To be quite honest you cant point the finger at some and not at others for that second half performance. Kebano had a nightmare in my view ,as did Harrison Reed. Wrong decisions and an inabillity to get Control of the ball being a huge problem for both. Ream was poor as was Wilson ,Decadova Reed and onomah who all got outmuscled in just about every duel.
If you dont win your fifty -fifties in any match you dont have much of a chance especially when the referee is letting everything go against a hard working physical team with lots of determination ,spirit and energy.
To me Mitro ,Odoi and Seri when he came on were the only players who looked like they could cope with the character of that game in a way that didnt effect them.

bog

I wonder why the line from the Swansea game was changed? There is now one of those annoying and irritating international breaks so why?  :022:

092.gif 

filham

If we think Silva underestimated Coventry then we have to say the same about Blackpool and Reading, dropping some big clangers isn't he.

Fulham 442

I am not sure about the disrespect angle but he got the team selection wrong yesterday for sure...I have to say though I wasn't particularly happy when at the very end of his post match press conference said that it wasn't the end of the world!  That seemed a bit too casual to me..

Lighthouse

Look at the performance of the players. The only disrespect shown yesterday was from the players towards themselves. They should be wondering why they train or turn up. The basic errors in positioning , tackling, being tackled, ball retention, simply not up to a poor side at the bottom of the league.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Logicalman

Quote from: Beamer on October 02, 2021, 11:22:25 PM
Ream for all his good work puts us in trouble every week, how long can it go on.

To give him some credit for this game, the pass was very poor, it was sent ahead of Ream who had a player ahead of him. Unfortunately I do find Ream, albeit a very effective header of the ball, somewhat lacking with ball to feet when put under pressure.

The first two Coventry goals were of our own making; As mentioned, that pass out from Gazza, and the penalty was a silly mistake of sticking a leg out towards a player going away from goal, albeit he didn't actually trip the guy, it have him an opportunity to fool the ref with a dive.

I understand playing out from the back has been the rage for quite a while now, not that I totally disagree with it, but all too often we tend to try and pass it to players who are marked and it ends up either a hospital ball or, as we saw this weekend, a complete mess up with an attacking player on goal.

Marco has two weeks to sort this out before we face QPR, a defeat of this magnitude to them would be more than just humiliating.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.