watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

I've not been on here for a bit

Started by H4usuallysitting, October 02, 2021, 08:59:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

H4usuallysitting

Trying to sell up and move to Devon.....but, why isn't Mr BDR starting as right back.....how was Mr Seri not starting today....and I think Mr Wilson is playing out of position - shouldn't he be more central?..... We spent months trying to sign Mr Muniz, why not start him..... Then there's Mr Bryan not starting, and Mr Cav coming of the bench & running around in circles.... currently more questions than answers....but, we need to see where we are after 20 game's

Whitestone

BDR isn't a right back but Christie is.
The Seri decision was strange.
Good point re:Wilson.
Not sure Muniz is ready to start. New team, new country new language and only 20. It takes time to settle.
Bryan and Robinson both have their strengths and weaknesses. It's possible that Bryan hadn't completely shaken off the injury from Wednesday.
Cavaleiro.......his performances are so poor. Not sure what the answer is !

SuffolkWhite

11 games in, we are in the top 6 and 5 pts behind the leaders. The team play better under Silva than Parker  imo and the football on the whole has been better. Yes we lose games sometimes but this is the Championship and tbf to Silva there is still plenty of time to sort the team out. This squad should be capable of automatic promotion and the Play Offs at least.

Consistency is all, roll the next game.

COYW
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

ron

Quote from: Whitestone on October 02, 2021, 09:13:04 PM
Not sure Muniz is ready to start. New team, new country new language and only 20. It takes time to settle.
Bryan and Robinson both have their strengths and weaknesses. It's possible that Bryan hadn't completely shaken off the injury from Wednesday.

The one thing we can be sure of is that Cav will continue to get game time. Perhaps he's in the shop window, hoping a toothpaste firm will come in with a big money offer for his services in their ads...
I can't see any value in him kicking a football, despite a recent very temporary renaissance, which flattered to deceive our management team.

HV71

Quote from: SuffolkWhite on October 02, 2021, 09:27:48 PM
11 games in, we are in the top 6 and 5 pts behind the leaders. The team play better under Silva than Parker  imo and the football on the whole has been better. Yes we lose games sometimes but this is the Championship and tbf to Silva there is still plenty of time to sort the team out. This squad should be capable of automatic promotion and the Play Offs at least.

Consistency is all, roll the next game.

COYW

Good post

filham

The second half against Swansea was pretty boring, time we had a good 90 minutes.
Not many games where Cav. doesn't get on the pitch, that is a mystery.

H4usuallysitting

Mr BDR has played many times as right back, and could cover the right wing - he would offer a different dimension..... It would also give an opportunity for Mr Wilson to play more down the middle....Mr Seri not starting was very strange.....

Whitestone

Quote from: H4usuallysitting on October 02, 2021, 11:26:57 PM

Mr BDR has played many times as right back, and could cover the right wing - he would offer a different dimension..... It would also give an opportunity for Mr Wilson to play more down the middle....Mr Seri not starting was very strange.....

I'm not saying BDR can't play full back. I'm just not certain he's our best bet for the position. I'm not a fan of square pegs in round holes. One thing is certain, to me anyway, Odoi is a liability defensively. He rarely stands his man up one on one and has a terrible habit of turning his body when a shot comes in. It happened twice today. The first resulted in a goal. It was a great strike by the Coventry player but Odoi should have done better.  Gazza pulled off a great save on the second occasion. Christie played well against Leeds despite having little to no game time. He's a proper right back and a far better defender than Odoi.

H4usuallysitting

Quote from: Whitestone on October 02, 2021, 11:42:59 PM
Quote from: H4usuallysitting on October 02, 2021, 11:26:57 PM

I'm not saying BDR can't play full back. I'm just not certain he's our best bet for the position. I'm not a fan of square pegs in round holes. One thing is certain, to me anyway, Odoi is a liability defensively. He rarely stands his man up one on one and has a terrible habit of turning his body when a shot comes in. It happened twice today. The first resulted in a goal. It was a great strike by the Coventry player but Odoi should have done better.  Gazza pulled off a great save on the second occasion. Christie played well against Leeds despite having little to no game time. He's a proper right back and a far better defender than Odoi.

I agree, but in my humble Mr BDR will bring out the best in Mr Wilson..... similar style to Mr Tete

Dodger53

If cav gets any more game god help us and if Christie ever plays for us again I will scream.