watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR The World is coming to an end

Started by grandad, October 04, 2021, 06:14:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grandad

Massive Worldwide outages of Facebook & WhattsApp, Instagram.
Where there's a will there's a wife

ron

Hearing of some of the trolling, threats, mockery and aggression that happens on them, the fact that they are all down might just be one of the greatest civilising influences in the world for generations.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: ron on October 04, 2021, 06:23:28 PM
Hearing of some of the trolling, threats, mockery and aggression that happens on them, the fact that they are all down might just be one of the greatest civilising influences in the world for generations.

Absolutely
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Fulham 442

WhatsApp is invaluable for keeping in touch with friends and family overseas in all sorts of ways .. Hope it gets sorted soon.

H4usuallysitting

I'm not sure how any of them work, Don't subscribe to any of them....am I missing something

YankeeJim

The air smells a little sweeter. The atmosphere in general is more gentile. Hopefully it'll stay out for some time.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

Lighthouse

Twitter is still working and that is a cesspool. I like Facebook. Every collection of human beings who like giving their opinions manage to cock it up as we have seen on FOF on many an occasion. People don't know how to debate. Only disagree and get upset if people don't agree with them.

I hope Facebook is back up[ soon. I don't use the others so cannot comment on them.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

MartyFFC

Not sure the world will be any worse off without Instagram and Facebook. However I would miss the memes I get on WhatsApp on a daily basis, which today included Shamima Begum studying for her HGV licence

Fulham 442

If you don't use any of these it stands to reason you won't miss them.  As I stated earlier I will for sure, especially WhatsApp.  Still not sorted...

Barrett487

Social media services Facebook, WhatsApp and Instagram have been hit by an outage lasting several hours.

All three services are owned by Facebook and could not be accessed over the web or smartphone apps.

Downdetector, which tracks outages, logged nearly 80,000 reports for WhatsApp and more than 50,000 for Facebook.

Data from the website suggests the outage is affecting user accounts across the world.

Some people also reported problems using Facebook's virtual reality headset platform, Oculus.

And apps which require Facebook logins were affected, including Pokémon Go.

Facebook said: "We are aware some people are having trouble accessing our apps and products. We are working to get things back to normal as quickly as possible and apologise for any inconvenience."

No official reason for the problem was given.

Logicalman

Quote from: ron on October 04, 2021, 06:23:28 PM

tbh I wasn't even aware all those services were actually unavailable until the misses couldn't contact me, except by a phone call (yeah, real old school, eh?)
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

filham

Try a good walk in the country with the mobile and I pads not in use and you will see how life is still good.

AnotherVicHalomLoveChild

Quote from: grandad on October 04, 2021, 06:14:17 PM
Massive Worldwide outages of Facebook & WhattsApp, Instagram.

Thought you were going to say having had to suffer the BBC news over the last 12 months grandad!

AnotherVicHalomLoveChild

Apologies make that the last 18 months!

toshes mate

The world last came to en end when Google, Facebook, Microsoft, Apple, Amazon et al, got their greedy controlling hands on the Internet.  The WWW was once a lovely place and I fondly wish we could get back to what it once was.

bog

My wife reckons I should go on an ugly face book.... :022: Mind you some of the postings I have heard about on the other one are downright ugly....

092.gif

Fernhurst

Don't be silly Grandad the world is not coming to an end!

That's not due  until we lose to QPR in a fortnight. 
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

Woolly Mammoth

I have survived without them so far and I have no intention of using them, so i presume I am safe as it does not effect me
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Holders

Indeed it is, in environmental terms, which make social media and football irrelevant.

Just putting it into context!
Non sumus statione ferriviaria