more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Newcastle hypocrasy from dissenters

Started by Nick Bateman, October 07, 2021, 05:30:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

toshes mate

Quote from: Motspur Park on October 11, 2021, 09:14:34 AM
I despise what Russia stands for but I don't do an analysis that my gas may come from there and boycott using gas as an energy product.
You cannot possibly know where any energy you use in your home (gas or electric) comes from be it fossil fuel derived, hydroelectric, nuclear, renewable etc.  That may excuse you from personal responsibility since you have no control over the source, but in terms of how you choose to condemn regimes surely it is better to have absolute personal rules that you will not break for any reason by refusing to be a member of the Three Wise Monkey Club when it comes to acceptable condemnation.  There are degrees of unpleasantness in all human culture but it doesn't alter the simple fact they are all unpleasant acts.  Morality is not something you can make bargains with or lay to one side when it suits.   It is all or nothing unless you are a hypocrite.

Somerset Fulham

I'm confused.

Are people suggesting that if you don't agree with a particular reigeme that they need to (in this instance) ditch their cars to prove it?

rebel

We will find out a lot about footballer players.

Slaphead in Qatar

Human rights in Middle East not good.

But in recent wars executed by UK - namely Iraq and Afghanistan - anyone happy with what the UK did out there - killed many civilians by all accounts. The justification for either war still escapes me. UK needs to look at its human rights record before criticising others.

Slaphead in Qatar

And Blingos point above is entirely reasonable.

If you don't like Saudi Arabia's human rights record then don't buy their oil. The revenues they get from the oil allows them to fund their culture and way of living and therefore supports the human rights abuses that you are all so angry about.

Oakeshott

"But in recent wars executed by UK - namely Iraq and Afghanistan - anyone happy with what the UK did out there - killed many civilians by all accounts. The justification for either war still escapes me. UK needs to look at its human rights record before criticising others."

There were reasons for our involvement in both Iraq and Afghanistan. Both to prevent what were perceived as threats to us (wrongly perceived in the case of Iraq, rightly in the case of Afghanistan). It is perfectly reasonable to criticise the Blair government for its error in respect of Iraq (though in mitigation the late and largely unlamented Hussain boasted about having the capability to strike the west), and for various governments since for not getting us out of Afghanistan years ago when AQ were dealt with. But our government believed there was appropriate reason and our Parliament did not stop our involvement. War, provided it is conducted by the international codes, is not pertinent to human rights records.

The UK' has an exemplary record on human rights compared with much of the world. Freedom from arbitrary arrest, a mainly transparent judicial system, no "cruel or unusual" punishments, laws against most forms of discrimination, education from 5 to 18 a right (unless a young person over 15 prefers an apprenticeship), the list goes on and on. By comparison Russia, China and much of the middle east are decades behind us and most of the west.

perry geyton

So I'll presume Steve Bruce won't be stick around then ?

Personally I find the whole thing to be revolting.

MartyFFC

Saudi Arabia will be hosting an annual F1 race soon, and have already held an Anthony Joshua fight. The only way things will improve over there is if they interact with the rest of the world, which they're starting to do. But all this selective moral outrage is perpetuated primarily by the so-called 'big 6', who are acting purely in self-interest. Yeah nobody agrees with a lot of the stuff that goes on over there but I think history has taught us by way of pointless wars, not to try and impose our values on them like some kind of world policeman. Personally I hope Newcastle do well and upset the status quo and wipe the smile off folk like Daniel Levy; up the toon

cmg

Russia provides about 5% of the UK's gas. The Russian stuff comes through our pipes from 7pm to about 8.30, so, naturally we turn off the c/h then. The only heat source we have during that time is old newspapers - the greasy ones recycled from the bins outside the local chippy have a high calorific value.

Although we are vegans we do wear leather sandals, but only leather tanned from roadkill and from crocodiles that have died of old age. Incoveniently crocodiles live to a ripe old age so we sometimes have to resort to the less greasy newspapers. Hopefully a source of incinerated pigskin is expected to become available soon.

blingo

Quote from: MartyFFC on October 11, 2021, 07:12:17 PM
Saudi Arabia will be hosting an annual F1 race soon, and have already held an Anthony Joshua fight. The only way things will improve over there is if they interact with the rest of the world, which they're starting to do. But all this selective moral outrage is perpetuated primarily by the so-called 'big 6', who are acting purely in self-interest. Yeah nobody agrees with a lot of the stuff that goes on over there but I think history has taught us by way of pointless wars, not to try and impose our values on them like some kind of world policeman. Personally I hope Newcastle do well and upset the status quo and wipe the smile off folk like Daniel Levy; up the toon

Strange how you pick out a Jewish chairman

MrCorn

What if the Taliban bought control of Fulham FC. What would be different?

Lighthouse

Quote from: MrCorn on October 11, 2021, 08:18:29 PM
What if the Taliban bought control of Fulham FC. What would be different?

Well our Government promised to protect all those that helped us like interpreters and guides. Then we ran away and left most of them behind to be slaughtered by the Taliban. I guess what is the difference allowing English Companies and owners to take over Football clubs. I am not sure how deep and far we want to take this nonsense.

The time to get excited and stop who we see as not fit is long before they start taking over football clubs. But when money is involved we sort of object but let them get away with killing and cutting up people and attacking Women. Then get excited when they look at our football clubs. It's all nonsense and moral outrage far too late.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

MartyFFC

Quote from: blingo on October 11, 2021, 08:06:51 PM

Is he? Picked him out as he's the most obnoxious

blingo

Quote from: MartyFFC on October 11, 2021, 08:45:00 PM
Quote from: blingo on October 11, 2021, 08:06:51 PM

Is he? Picked him out as he's the most obnoxious

I'm guessing your being sarcastic

MartyFFC

Tom Werner, the Glazers, and Abramovich are all Jewish too, so not entirely sure what your point is.

rebel

Would Rashford sign for Newcastle? Principled chap he is, I think not. I don't think they will dominate football, if at all.

blingo

They'll be Top 6 Mr Rebel. Money talks and b/s walks.

As for war.....It never shows who's right, just who's left.

rebel

Quote from: blingo on October 12, 2021, 09:00:38 AM
They'll be Top 6 Mr Rebel. Money talks and b/s walks.

As for war.....It never shows who's right, just who's left.

Confucius say 'When blingo talks, the world wakes up and smiles'. 

Lighthouse

I don't want to appear too cynical. But it is very easy if you have tens of millions of pounds coming in and appear principled. It helps with the sponsorships and it helps that you don't have to sacrifice too much for any cause and appear right on and be popular. It is a win win. Especially when you can get publicity for anybody who is nasty to you on Twitter.

The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope