watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Newcastle hypocrasy from dissenters

Started by Nick Bateman, October 07, 2021, 05:30:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick Bateman

I find it hypocrtical of bodies such as Amnesty International to take umbrage with the Saudi royal family in their proposed ownership of Newcastle United. They claim human rights issues yet we have a Russian owner of Chelsea, Man.City owned by Abu Dhabi, and various American owners with very dodgy standards (the Glazers bought up Man.U with United's own money).

Newcastle fans have been desperate to return those halcyon memorable days under Kevin Keegan when they had a star-studded team. They have been blighted under the misanthropic control of Mike Ashley and his dour choice of management for such a potentially big club.

It would be double standards to apply a stricter examination of the Saudi conglomerate when many others have fell short of Premier League scrutiny before.

This is an exciting moment, to break up the mini-monopoly of the so-called "big six" and introduce competition from the most northerly club in the league!

I for one am delighted to see Newcastle return to former greatness and the injection of capital into English football is more than welcome.

076.gif

PS: Darren Bent announced on Talksport he is a Fulham fan. Good on him!  049:gif
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

filham

I find it hard to think of Newcastle being run by Arabs but of course that is the way of things nowadays.
Still suspect there could be a language problem as the Saudis will be thinking they have to deal with plain English.

Woolly Mammoth

I wouldn't bet on many of the female side of the human race going to watch them, just a ton of fat beer bellies.
Also as a one Club City they should have a lot of fans and they should have achieved much more on the field of play.
The last time rhey opened up Newcastles Trophy Cabinet Adam & Eve fell out.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Andy S

I think it is much too late to do anything about other countries buying into our football clubs. There will soon be a top 7 then 8 so on and so fourth. It still won't include Spurs. What a joke

Jamie88

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on October 07, 2021, 06:13:32 PM
I wouldn't bet on many of the female side of the human race going to watch them, just a ton of fat beer bellies.
Also as a one Club City they should have a lot of fans and they should have achieved much more on the field of play.

Is it not a bit rich for any one of us to slate another clubs trophy cabinet?!

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Jamie88 on October 07, 2021, 06:32:29 PM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on October 07, 2021, 06:13:32 PM

Is it not a bit rich for any one of us to slate another clubs trophy cabinet?!

I did not know we even had a Trophy Cabinet, and no it is not at all rich. So I shall say it again, the last time they opened up Newcastles Trophy Cabinet a Witchfinder General fell out.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Oakeshott

Quite absurd to lump the American owners in with the others.

I'd not be delighted if we were taken over by the Saudis (and the assurances given mean bugger all from that quarter) or if we were owned by a Russian oligarch.

On a parallel note, it will be interesting to see if the ruler of Saudi gets ostrasized by the racing community following recent revelations and of course the alleged kidnapping. He probably owns too many horses in too many yards to expect to see him given the bum's rush he deserves.

Pock

Darren Bent has made it very clear on his many appearances on Talksport that he is, has always been and will forever be a Gunners fan.

SP

Blimey, that Amanda Staveley is intense, I almost feel sorry for Brucie if he gets an exit meeting with her.

blingo

Wow, and no one mentions we were owned by an Egyptian so called ex arms dealer? Hypocrisy is alive and kicking.

Nick Bateman

Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

sunburywhite

The Premier League has approved the takeover after receiving "legally binding assurances" that the Saudi state would not control the club.

Instead the Public Investment Fund (PIF), which will provide 80% of funds for the deal, is seen as separate to the state.

This is despite the Crown Prince of Saudi Arabia, Mohammed bin Salman, being listed as chair of PIF.

Must have been a few Rolex going to Lancaster House
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

Terry Towling

Quote from: Nick Bateman on October 07, 2021, 05:30:56 PM
I find it hypocrtical of bodies such as Amnesty International to take umbrage with the Saudi royal family in their proposed ownership of Newcastle United. They claim human rights issues yet we have a Russian owner of Chelsea, Man.City owned by Abu Dhabi, and various American owners with very dodgy standards (the Glazers bought up Man.U with United's own money).

Newcastle fans have been desperate to return those halcyon memorable days under Kevin Keegan when they had a star-studded team. They have been blighted under the misanthropic control of Mike Ashley and his dour choice of management for such a potentially big club.

It would be double standards to apply a stricter examination of the Saudi conglomerate when many others have fell short of Premier League scrutiny before.

This is an exciting moment, to break up the mini-monopoly of the so-called "big six" and introduce competition from the most northerly club in the league!

I for one am delighted to see Newcastle return to former greatness and the injection of capital into English football is more than welcome.

076.gif

PS: Darren Bent announced on Talksport he is a Fulham fan. Good on him!  049:gif

I think you are way off target if I may say so. The owner of Chelsea may be a Russian but he isn't the govenement of Russia, nor are the Glazers the President of the USA althogh you are closer with the current owner of Man City. No other owners come close to running their countries and so cannot control the human rights of them. However, no matter how you and the FA may dress this up, Newcastle are now owned by a regime whose treatment of women is mysogenistic to say the least, who use public beheadings to punish opponents and who are currently involved in a terrible war in Yeman at the cost of thousands of innocent people. What next, Daesh running Dulwich Hamlet? North Korea taking over Charlton. The FA are very weak and have shown themselves to put money before human rights in my opinion.

Terry Towling

Quote from: sunburywhite on October 07, 2021, 07:59:02 PM
The Premier League has approved the takeover after receiving "legally binding assurances" that the Saudi state would not control the club.

Instead the Public Investment Fund (PIF), which will provide 80% of funds for the deal, is seen as separate to the state.

This is despite the Crown Prince of Saudi Arabia, Mohammed bin Salman, being listed as chair of PIF.

If the FA had any moral fibre they might be able to make themselves a backbone.

HobGoblin

Quote from: Terry Towling on October 07, 2021, 10:40:43 PM

076.gif

I think you are way off target if I may say so. The owner of Chelsea may be a Russian but he isn't the govenement of Russia, nor are the Glazers the President of the USA althogh you are closer with the current owner of Man City. No other owners come close to running their countries and so cannot control the human rights of them. However, no matter how you and the FA may dress this up, Newcastle are now owned by a regime whose treatment of women is mysogenistic to say the least, who use public beheadings to punish opponents and who are currently involved in a terrible war in Yeman at the cost of thousands of innocent people. What next, Daesh running Dulwich Hamlet? North Korea taking over Charlton. The FA are very weak and have shown themselves to put money before human rights in my opinion.
Bang on, the FA and their greasy mitts are brown enveloped here for this take over. Saudi ruling elite are, forgive the word "C***s and treat women like sh**e, anyone not of the rulling class is just a slave in that country. They are one step away from nazi's/stalin with their ideology.

Terry Towling

Quote from: Nick Bateman on October 07, 2021, 07:40:51 PM
Anyone having any misgivings regarding this deal check this out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLgIVYkbVz4

I was hoping this was going to be women celebrating freedom in the Kingdom and the end of executions.

Terry Towling

Quote from: HobGoblin on October 07, 2021, 10:44:32 PM
Quote from: Terry Towling on October 07, 2021, 10:40:43 PM

076.gif

Bang on, the FA and their greasy mitts are brown enveloped here for this take over. Saudi ruling elite are, forgive the word "C***s and treat women like sh**e, anyone not of the rulling class is just a slave in that country. They are one step away from nazi's/stalin with their ideology.

My maxim is that if you are on the same side as Saudi Arabia you are probably on the wrong side.

Terry Towling

Quote from: blingo on October 07, 2021, 07:20:22 PM
Wow, and no one mentions we were owned by an Egyptian so called ex arms dealer? Hypocrisy is alive and kicking.

And he was ruler of which country?

Nero

Think it was a case of ok we want show our own streams of the football and use the legit one by Bien so the FA can get more money next tv right issue .

Also, all these Newcastle fans are going to be so peed off when season ticket prices rise by over 50% to pay for the mercenaries that will join over the next few windows

Terry Towling

Quote from: Nero on October 07, 2021, 10:52:48 PM

Think it was a case of ok we want show our own streams of the football and use the legit one by Bien so the FA can get more money next tv right issue .

Also, all these Newcastle fans are going to be so peed off when season ticket prices rise by over 50% to pay for the mercenaries that will join over the next few windows

Lets see how long before they are moaning again.